Club Woes

This Is War- Just Kidding. I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yixing could not say he hated Art Club. In fact, it sort of grew on him like Junmyeon. Oops, he didn't mean that. Today, Mr Gu had tasked them to start on their competition piece which needed to be submitted the following month. Then he had said that there would be no more meetings until the competition was over and they would have free time to draw or paint whatever they liked. Wonderful.

Originally, he had joined it because 1.He had a natural flair for drawing 2.Well, you just sit in the Art Room and draw. 3.It was the second most least energy consuming (though quite time consuming) Club. He was also thankful anyway that he had excuse to escape the company by saying he needed to complete tasks.

He stared at the theme which Mr Gu had written on the whiteboard. Human. What. The person who had set the theme must have been drunk. 

"What are you going to draw?" Bomi asked from his right. She was tapping a pencil on her chin and looking at the board. "I think, I'm going to draw babies," Bomi said thoughtfully. Yixing shrugged, "No idea. We can leave anytime right?" Bomi nodded absentmindedly in reply and Yixing got up from his seat.

"I'm making a move. See you soon," he told Bomi who was still deep in thought. Then Yixing grabbed his bag and walked out of the Art Room. He wandered around, trying to fix his mind on what his subject would be. 

Human... Human... Why don't he just stalk a person? But who? Junmyeon, he immediately thought. Then he recoiled at his idea in the same moment. But Junmyeon was the least likely to murder him for painting his face. He didn't want to risk asking Kris, in case he got cocky. Finally, he decided to just ask Junmyeon and moved off towards the library.

One simple heads up about the library - it is freaking old. The moment he stepped inside, the floorboard creaked. Yixing shrugged and walked around to look for Junmyeon. The lights hung low on the ceiling, casting an eerie yellow glow on the bookshelves. There weren't many students in the library, and the handful who were were just either sleeping or reading.

He quickly stopped in front of the counter, but Junmyeon was nowhere to be seen. Yes, he forgot to mention, Junmyeon was a librarian. The floorboard started creaking all the way to the counter and the 

The boy looked at him lazily and answered in a bored tone, "Huh? Junmyeon? He's in the magazines area." Before Yixing walked off, he asked the boy, "And can you do something about the floor?" The boy replied scathingly, "I'm not the teacher. I can't do anything about it." 

Two of them stared at each other before Yixing gave up and walked away. Was that boy always like that? He reached the partition to the magazines section (which was considerably newer) and sure enough, Junmyeon was there. 

Junmyeon was engrossed in flipping through a magazine, so Yixing naturally snuck up behind him to see what he was reading. Yixing only caught sight of a photograph of his friends and him (for the runway) when Junmyeon turned around suddenly and hit him with the magazine.

"Ya!" he shouted, "Can you at least look before you hit?" Yixing scowled as he saw Junmyeon relax his tense muscles. Junmyeon then put the magazine back on the shelf and said calmly, "You were the one sneaking up on me."

Junmyeon turned around again and narrowed his eyes at Yixing, "Talking about sneaking up on me, this isn't the first time. What do you want?" Under Junmyeon's suspicious glare, Yixing lost all his nerves to ask. At this rate, Junmyeon would whack him before he could even finish his sentence.

Yixing took at step back, "U-uh... Nothing. Just looking for something." "Yeah right. More like stalking me," Junmyeon retorted as he walked towards him. When Yixing heard that, he unconsciously blushed and before he could get rid of it, Junmyeon gave him a weirded out look and asked, "You were really stalking me?"

It took Yixing a minute to clear his thoughts before he stuttered, "N-No. I wasn't..." Should I ask? What if he hits me? Junmyeon sighed as he adjusted his blazer, "Yixing, I don't have the time to meddle with you. You either say it now, or I'm going to leave." Junmyeon looked at him in his eyes seriously and he felt the urge to blush again.

"I'm going to go in, three, two-"

"Can you be my subject for a competition?" Yixing blurted out immediately. God, why was he so nervous? Junmyeon cocked his head in confusion, "What do you mean by subject? Wait you're in Art right?" 

Yixing nodded slowly. Then something not quite right clicked in his mind. He asked, "How do you know I'm in Art?" The other's cheeks flushed a pale pink almost immediately. Yixing wanted to bash his head into the wall. Why was this getting more and more awkward?

"Nevermind that," Junmyeon said hastily, pocketing his hands, "I think it'll be okay..." Yixing looked up in surprise and asked, "Really?" Junmyeon nodded silently. Yixing swore that he could see some blush creeping into Junmyeon's face again.

"Um. Thanks," he mumbled. Junmyeon nodded stiffly and began walking away, but Yixing blurted out without thinking, "Actually, can I start now?" 

 

------

 

It had been a week since Baekhyun's accident, and Chanyeol had been following him ever since. Baekhyun had complained that Chanyeol was keeping an unnervingly close watch on him, but Chanyeol kept telling him it was for his own good.

Okay, that was bull. Chanyeol thought it was just normal for people to look after others, but after that whole week, he (sadly) realised that he had kind of grown attached to Baekhyun. Don't laugh. He spent a lot of time thinking over it.

Today was no different. Chanyeol had gone to the dance studios to check up on Baekhyun after basketball training. (Partially was because there was air-con in there.) Trudging down the corridor to the music block in the basketball clothes, he was wondering whether Baekhyun did singing or dancing, since the people in Music Club had to do either one to get in.

The sound of the piano playing grew louder as he walked towards the dance studios. He also remembered that Baekhyun told him that they were having free practice sessions that week as their teacher wasn't in school. Standing at the door, Chanyeol pushed open the door slightly.

Baekhyun turned out to be the one playing the piano and his friend Kyungsoo, was standing beside him singing a song. Chanyeol stayed at the door for a few minutes listening to Kyungsoo's singing. It was going quite well until Kyungsoo sang a horribly off tune note and he heard both of them breaking into laughter immediately.

"Try C again," Baekhyun told Kyungsoo as he hit the note on the piano. Chanyeol watched in amusement as Kyungsoo struggled to get the key correct for a few times. Finally, Kyungsoo got it right.

"Yah. You've been playing the piano for an hour. Your turn to sing," Kyungsoo said with a truimphant look. Maybe he was tired. Chanyeol unconsciously pushed the door open wider after hearing that. Baekhyun was going to sing?

Baekhyun scowled at Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo had already shoved him off the seat and played the starting instrumentals. Baekhyun shut his eyes and concentrated. A few moments before the lyrics started, Baekhyun asked suddenly, "You're playing this song?"

"Well, it's your favourite..." Kyungsoo muttered and Baekhyun began singing, a serene look seeping into his face. It took all of Chanyeol's will to stay put at the door and not rush inside. Holy , Baekhyun's voice was beautiful.

Baekhyun hit the first few notes and it took Chanyeol a few seconds to register the sadness of the song.

"...From where I belong. 
But it's always darkest before the dawn. 
So you can doubt and you can hate.
 But I know, no matter what it takes.

I'm coming home, I'm coming home.
Tell the world I'm, coming home.
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday.
I know my kingdom awaits, and they've forgiven my mistakes.
I'm coming home, I'm-"

The piano suddenly stopped playing and Chanyeol momentarily wanted to strangle Kyungsoo. "What?" Baekhyun asked in an equally irritated voice. Kyungsoo turned and looked at him dead in the face. Then he said, "Someone's been stalking you." And he pointed in Chanyeol's direction.

Gee, that guy was creepy. How did he know Chanyeol was there when his back had been facing the door? Baekhyun swiftly looked at where Kyungsoo was pointing at and he narrowed his eyes. Chanyeol coughed awkwardly before stepping inside.

"Hi," he said mildly. The two of them gave him no answer. After staring at each other silently for a few minutes, Kyungsoo spoke, "Baek, I think we'll end here for today." Baekhyun looked a little uncomfortable as he nodded his head, "Okay." Then Baekhyun bent down and picked up his bag.

As they walked, Baekhyun made no effort to talk, so they were silent. Is he angry? Chanyeol thought. Casting a glance at Baekhyun, he noticed that the short guy had turned paler in the past minutes. "Baekhyun, are you okay?" he asked.

Baekhyun looked up at him distractedly and answered, "I'm fine." Chanyeol pressed on, knowing it was a lie, "If it's about me listening to you sing-" "It's not that!" Baekhyun snapped in reply. The color flooded back into his face in a gush. "Anyway, I told you to stop following me already," he continued after that.

Now that Baekhyun was naggy again, Chanyeol felt more at ease. He grinned, "Since when have I stopped following you?" Baekhyun stamped on the ground furiously and said, "Stalker," before walking off.

Chanyeol chuckled and followed after him. "Besides that, where are you going?" Chanyeol asked, catching up with Baekhyun. Baekhyun didn't seem too pleased that Chanyeol had caught up with him so easily. He scowled, "None of your business."

Chanyeol feigned interest and answered in a singsong voice, "Well, I'm just going to tag along until..." "Fine!" Baekhyun relented, rolling his eyes impatiently, "I'm going to pick my sis back from my grandma's place." Upon hearing that, Chanyeol suggested brightly (he didn't mean to actually), "You want a lift there?" 

"No thanks," Baekhyun replied instantly, not quite looking in his eyes as he continued walking. Chanyeol ran after him and said, "Really, I don't mind." He smiled hopefully at Baekhyun and Baekhyun stared harshly into his eyes with his own glassy ones. "Well..." Baekhyun mumbled thoughtfully, his frown lines disappearing. Then a horribly familiar voice asked sweetly, "Baekhyun needs a lift?"

Chanyeol clenched his fists and answered, "It's none of your business." Jihyun appeared in the pathway infront of both of them. She gave Chanyeol a condescending look before smiling at Baekhyun, "You need a ride, Baekhyun? My chaffeur's free now." Apparently, Baekhyun also seemed disturbed by her appearance.

"Fancy meeting you here, Jihyun," Baekhyun said gruffly. Jihyun beamed prettily, her red hair flashing under the sun. Okay, Jihyun was pretty by standard. She had a model's smile that all girls wanted and a set of defined eyebrows. It was what made Chanyeol like her in the first place, but seriously? She was a two timing .

Baekhyun looked pleadingly at Chanyeol as if he were asking him to do something. Then he remembered, Baekhyun didn't need another episode of Jihyun following him everywhere. Two days ago when the two of them had different schedules, Baekhyun told him the Jihyun had insisted on following him everywhere for about an hour. And he was absolutely pissed.

"Jihyun, I asked him first," Chanyeol told the girl irritably. Jihyun replied, now with an edgier voice, "But he hasn't answered you yet." Chanyeol saw Baekhyun roll his eyes in exasperation. Chanyeol and J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter