Chapter 3

If I Stayed

IF I STAYED

Tigress_nim™

 

Kim Jongin smiled as he stared at his students that are seated in front of him. YeWook, Zelo and Hyunie were doing an activity he had given out. Each is different since their intervals are different too. YeWook was balancing a hundred equations, Zelo was asked to give anatomy a shot and little Hyunie was doing puzzles and drawings of the human anatomy.

 

Jongin was once a dean in a college in a university, but he stepped down from the position to accept a job to teach a bunch of special kids. Imagine his surprise when he was met by young boys doing stuff he was already doing in his graduate school. At first he thought they were just a bunch of neurotic brats, but he was wrong when he learned they were kids who were having the hardest parts of their lives.

 

"Okay kiddos," Jongin said with a clap. "Are you finished? That's it for the day."

 

Jongin gathered up their activities as they went out of their room. But Hyunie was left sitting on his chair looking at him with a grin and swaying his legs back and forth since his feet can't reach the floor.

 

"What's wrong Hyunie?" Jongin asked his youngest student.

 

"Nothing Dr. Kim. I'm waiting for my mommy, he said his gonna pick me up." Then he smiled again.

 

"Really? So what time is he going to pick you up? I can wait with you here, so you won’t be alone." Jongin said as he sat at his desk.

 

"Okay!" Hyunie beamed. They stayed in the room doing number and word games and Hyunie was winning every round. Then after a few minutes, there was a knock on the door.

 

"Hyunie. Sweetie, time to go home."

 

Jongin watched as his student jump off of his seat and ran to the door. His 'mommy' scooped the kid in his arms and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

"Ew! Mommy your saliva!" Hyunie whined as he cutely wiped his cheek where his mother had kissed him.

 

"Whatever Sweetie." The guy then turned to Jongin and bowed.

 

"Thank you Dr. Kim for taking care of my baby. We will go ahead now."

 

"Uhm. It's all in the job Sir?"

 

"Lee BaekLa." Baekhyun smiled and bowed again and turned to leave. Hyunie was waving at Jongin while in his mother's arm.

 

Jongin swears that Hyunie's mother awfully looks familiar.

 

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

 

The sky was full of gloom, like grey paint had spilled all over it, the chilly afternoon wind brushes through the trees along the road and the rain showers over everything else. Droplets of water splatter against Sehun's windshield as his car zooms through the roads of Jeju. He had just arrived from Tokyo this morning and upon his arrival, he was asked to make a trip to freaking Jeju for an investment for certain special school program. He was about to suggest his secretary to just deliver or ship the cash/cheque through somebody else, but his cousin- Park-ing-Chanyeol- says otherwise. Chanyeol seems to like a particular student there that he really spends money on a plane ticket to just visit there every week. Sehun glances through his window again and notice they were approaching a coffee shop.

 

"Zitao." Sehun called to his butler through the intercom. Zitao was at the passenger seat with Yixing as the driver.

 

"Yes Master Oh." Zitao replied.

 

"Do you see that dessert shop up ahead?"

 

"Yes Master."

 

"Pull over when we are adjacent to it. You and Yixing will be joining me for coffee." Sehun said as he rummaged through his wallet for his platinum card.

 

"Yes Master Oh." Zitao answered.

 

The car stopped outside the shop as requested. The shop looked like what a coffee shop should be, a counter and the vast of desserts displayed behind the glass container. There were hipsters and bloggers and art students who buy like one drink but stay for 12 hours. A guy who hogs the power outlet, giving some excuse about why they can’t unplug right at that second. And somebody who spreads out like the table is their own personal office. As Sehun, Zitao and Yixing stepped inside the room they could feel the eyes of the people on them. I mean, who wouldn't? Three hot smoking men in suits entering an ordinary coffee shop don’t happen quite often, not to mention it was Oh Sehun leading the three.

 

**

 

Kyungsoo looked up from the counter top when the door-bell rang. He sees three men making their way towards him. Two of them were /very/ familiar to him. If his eyes could even grow bigger, it would.

 

. . . Sticky . What the are they doing here?!!

 

Kyungsoo sees Zitao's eyes widen at the sight of the small guy behind the counter. He mouthed an 'act natural' at Kyungsoo when they were at the counter.

 

"Good afternoon gentlemen. What would you like to order?" Kyungsoo was surprised his voice even came out.

 

Oh Sehun was standing in front of him with both hands inside his pocket while staring at the menu overhead. He looked at Kyungsoo and one of his eyebrows rose. Kyungsoo mentally swallowed and prayed Sehun won’t recognize him.

 

“I’ll have a cup of Café Latte. Do you have it at large?” Sehun asked.

 

“Yes sir.”

 

“Okay. Then I’ll have a Toasted Scone with butter and jam. I’ll search for a table, here’s my card go and order.” And with that Sehun walked away.

 

“What the is Oh Sehun in Jeju?!” Kyungsoo hissed at Zitao as he punched in Sehun’s order with no mistake.

 

“He was at SME to for an investment. I’ll have an Earl Grey with toasted tealoaf and Yixing would prefer the Peppermint with scones too.” Zitao replied coolly.

 

“SME?! Did you know that Chanhyun goes to school there?!” Kyungsoo continued to hiss and punch the orders.

 

Zitao shook his head and eyed the smaller boy as he mumbling about “caught”, “Luhan and Baek” and “moves”. Kyungsoo placed the orders on the tray and the guy, who Kyungoo guessed as Yixing, took the tray and began to walk too where his employer is. Zitao was left to pay for the food and talk a bit with Kyungsoo.

 

“Young master Park is attending SME? Did you know that Master Chanyeol had been visiting SME for two months now?” Zitao explained as he hands over Sehun’s platinum card to Kyungoo.

 

“Of course-ing –no! Did you know Baekhyun is the school’s physician just last week?!”

 

“. Seriously?” Zitao paused as Kyungoo gave the receipt to him with worry painted all over his face.

“What was Master Chanhyun’s nickname again?”

 

“Hyunie. Why?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Bloody .” Zitao hissed.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo looked alarmed.

 

“Master Chanyeol had been visiting a certain “Hyunie-ah” at SME every ing week.”

 

“!” Kyungsoo cursed.

 

**

Chanyeol walked through the gates of SME as he was about to go home. Jongin said that Hyunie was already fetched by his mother and went home earlier. Chanyeol was looking forward to see Hyunie again since he has grown attached to the young genius. He doesn’t know why but he could feel this extreme pull whenever they were together and he just want to take the boy home and keep him forever. Every time he is with Hyunie he imagines what it would be like to have his son or daughter in his arms. He inwardly sighed and began to walk down the street since his chauffeur was still on his way to pick him up.

 

He passed by some clothing store and bought some pair of socks and shoes. Then he came upon a bookstore and bought a set of encyclopedia for Hyunie a couple of crossword puzzle and soduko books and some puzzles that Hyunie loves to play with. He also took a book about basic neurosurgery and another about pediatrics.

 

Chanyeol began to feel tired as he strolled down a few more block away. He arrived outside a convenience store and figured he would grab some instant coffee since it was growing chilly. He was about to enter the establishment when he sees a young man behind the counter. The shopping bags now lay forgotten on the streets.

 

“LUHAN?!”

**

A/N:

Add me on facebook - Taiga

PART 1 ----------------- TaoRis - Master Yifan

PART 2 ----------------- HunHan - The Bro Code

PART 3 ----------------- KaiSoo - El Estudyante

PART 4 ----------------- BaekYeol - Baekhyun's Prince Cha . . . nyeol? 

PART 5 ----------------- If I Stayed