Chapter 1

If I Stayed

 

IF I STAYED

Tigress_nim™

Chapter One

 

LUHAN stared emptily outside the window in his room. The rain was pouring down hard on the roof of the run-down apartment, the ceiling in the living room and kitchen were dripping, creating puddles on the floor. It was Sunday so he was off from work since the convenience store closes on weekends. He works as a part-time cashier in a nearby store from eight in the morning until five in the afternoon. At first he found it difficult to find a job since he was not even out of high school and no experience in such fields. In other words he was useless until he applied at the store owned by Himchan.

 

Himchan was a very kind to accept a kid like him, an orphan, and a stray and not to mention gay. Himchan also was gay, along with Luhan's fellow colleagues; Ryeowook and Sungjae.

 

But of course, Luhan never failed to think about Sehun, Zitao and his Uncle Yifan. Were they even missing him? Or even looking for him?  The Oh Empire seems to remain untouched and still at the top. He sees Sehun on newspapers, magazines, billboards, on TV and even on the internet. Luhan made the most crucial decision by running away from home and leaving the love of his life.

 

"Uncle Wuwu?"

 

Luhan snapped out of his reverie and turned to look at the door. There was a small boy poking his head from the door and smiling. He has short brownish hair and elf-like ears.

 

"Mommy said its dinner time. He said we can't start if you're not there. And I'm hungry Uncle Wuwu." Chanhyun pouted. Luhan smiled at how cute the four-year old is.

 

Chanhyun is Baekhyun's son. He is really intelligent for his age and will be accelerating in school soon. Even though he is mature when he talks sometimes, he is still a baby boy when it comes to Baekhyun.

 

"Okay Hyunie, let's go. We don't want your mommy to wait right?" Luhan said as he walked to the door and picked up Chanhyun.

 

"And Uncle Soo too!" Chanhyun added with a beaming smile. "He made salad!"

 

Luhan chuckled as he and Chanhyun went to the kitchen. Kyungsoo was setting the table along with Baekhyun. Chanhyun has a seat provided for him, besides from being mature for his age he is also taller than the other kids.

 

It has been almost five years since Luhan and Baekhyun ran away. At first, Luhan didn't know where to go but he met Kyungsoo, who was a friend of Zitao, one day and took him in. Soon after, Baekhyun joined them. Baekhyun never told Sehun where Luhan was, since it wasn't his business and he wanted to help Luhan anyways.

 

Baekhyun got pregnant and, of course, we are all sure who the father is. He gave birth to Chanhyun with Luhan and Kyungsoo by his side. They didn't have money to go to a hospital then, so Baekhyun had to give birth to Chanhyun in their run-down apartment. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were blessed to have knowledge in delivering a child, if not they would have been doomed. Even if they had money, they won't risk their identity, since the whole South Korea was searching for Oh Sehun's lover and the president's grandson.

 

Zitao would send gifts to them and some money. Even though they refused to accept them, still, Zitao insisted on helping them, even if it was in secret. Kyungsoo is working in a public hospital thirty minutes away and Baekhyun is the one that stays home.

 

**

 

Baekhyun was seated beside Hyunie (Chanhyun) at the square-shaped dining table, then Kyungsoo and then Luhan. They were about to finish dinner when Baekhyun asked Hyunie about school.

 

"Hyunie, are you excited for first day of grade school tomorrow baby?" Baekhyun smiled at Hyunie. Kyungsoo and Luhan also listened to what the kid has to say.

 

"I don't want to go to school anymore mommy." Hyunie pouted while he stared at his plate. Baekhyun stopped eating along with the other grown-ups and looked at the kid with concern.

 

"Why baby? I thought you liked going to school. You said so yourself."

 

"That was before." Hyunie replied. Luhan could see he wants to cry but tries not to.

 

"Hyunie? Tell us what' bothering you. Uncle Lulu and Soo are here to help." Baekhyun said to his son.

 

"They said I'm weird and different and they said I am a bastard's son. What's 'bastard' mommy? Is that daddy's name?" The three gasped when they heard what Hyunie said.

 

"No baby. It's an adjective, a bad adjective. Don't go using it, okay?" Baekhyun said and moved to pull Hyunie to sit on his lap.

 

"If it is a bad word, why do other people use it Mommy?" Hyunie asked as he stared u at his mother.

 

"Because they are bad people Hyunie-ah. Don’t listen to them." Kyungsoo spoke.

 

"Listen Hyunie. You're not weird, you are gifted and you are not different, you are special. Do you understand baby?" Baekhyun reprimanded his son.

 

"Yes mommy." The toddler wiped his tears away with his chubby little hands. "Hyunie loves mommy."

 

"Mommy loves Hyunie too." Baekhyun smiled at his cute son.

 

"Yah! What about us?!" Luhan protested pouting at Hyunie. "You don't love Lulu and Soo anymore?"

 

Hyunie let out a tiny gasp and scrambled down from his mother's lap. He ran and climbed to sit on Luhan's lap and hugged his uncle. "No! Hyunie loves Uncle Wuwu and Uncle Soo too!"

 

The elders chuckled the cute kid and finished their dinner with Hyunie ended sitting on Kyungsoo's lap.

 

**

 

"...and Cinderella and her Prince Charming lived happily ever after. The end."

 

Baekhyun stared at his sleeping son and smiled. He drew the covers to cover him, which the toddler took and cover his head, a habit inherited from his dad. Hyunie loves hearing Cinderella during bedtime. Even though the toddler is mature and really smart he still believes in fairytales. Baekhyun looked at the door as it opened. Luhan and Kyungsoo made their way beside him on the bed.

 

"You know you can't hide him forever Baek. And you can't hide the truth about his father. He is a smart kid and sooner or later he'll know." Kyungsoo said as he looked at Baekhyun, Luhan nodded in agreement.

 

"I know that Soo. I'll tell him... soon." Baekhyun sighed.

 

Little did they know that there was a pair of small fairy-like ears listening under the covers.

 

**

 

"Aw~ But dad," Chanyeol whined at his father like three year old.

 

"Stop that Chanyeol, it doesn't suit you." Leeteuk scolded his thirty year old son. "You are going whether you like it or not."

 

"Why me? Why can't it be Mom?" Chanyeol asked as he slumped back on the armchair. He was inside his dad's office, the President's office.

 

"I told you, your Mom is going to be in Busan, whIle you're going to Jeju to proxy for me since I'll be here, in Seoul." Leeteuk stated as he continued to read the documents at hand.

 

Chanyeol groaned. "Why are the first days of school for universities simultaneous every year? You’re the President of Korea, change it."

 

"You’re just saying that to avoid these kinds of situations." Leeteuk looked at the giant.

 

"You'll just go and check the place out. Talk to the school director, the teachers and some of the students. And they started a new program there, first in the country."

 

"Really?"

 

Leeteuk nodded while going back to reading the documents. "Yes. But I don't know what it is about, so that's your job. Besides, this would be good for your social life."

 

Chanyeol could only roll his eyes. Ever since Baekhyun left him he never dated again. He never looked at anyone like the way he looked at Baekhyun. He met numerous women; beautiful, gorgeous, sophisticated and professional, but not one could equal who Baekhyun for him. Nobody. He's still searching for him, but not even his shadow was seen. His father almost proclaimed a nationwide search but he wanted to find Baekhyun on his own. He allowed his dad to hire a few man, but that's it.

 

Why Baek? Why did you leave me? Right when I was so deeply in love with you. So deep that Adele was swimming in it.

 

MAJOR FLASHBACK

(You're going to love me for this)

 

"What did you say Park Chanyeol?!" Park Sandara screamed.

 

"I said I'm going to propose to Baekhyun." Chanyeol smiled as he sat on his swivel chair in his office.

 

"Oh my god. My little cousin is growing up. I think I'm going to cry." Dara gushed.

 

"But wait, you said you're only " buddies"?" Dara asked as she sat on Chanyeol's couch.

 

"We were. But things have to change. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him. We became buddies for the fact he doesn't want a commitment and I want to be close to him." Chanyeol explained.

 

"You are so whipped." Dara cousin. "But I love it. So what did you call me here for?"

 

"I want you to help me with my proposal. I want it to be perfect. Because if I'll do it on my own, soon after he won't even look at me anymore."

 

"I know. That's why you have me." Dara said as she flipped her hair.

 

"Are you sure Dara? I don't mean to pressure you on this proposal or anything." Chanyeol asked.

 

"I told you Channie, I'm okay with this." Dara replied. "Are you sure he doesn't know about this?"

 

 

Chanyeol chuckled before he replied. "Nope. He is absolutely clueless. Not a clue."

 

"I feel sorry for him though."

 

"Why? Sooner or later he would know somehow. My parents are not against our plan. They just said that I have to settle my affair with Baekhyun."

 

Dara sighed. "You really planned all this out didn't you?"

 

"Yhup. And that little puppy won't even know what hit him." Chanyeol laughed.

 

"You're genius Channie, that's why I love you." Dara cooed.

 

"I love you too." Chanyeol chuckled.

 

BAM!

 

"What was that?" Dara asked turning to the door.

 

"I don't know." Chanyeol went out of his office to asked Sungmin. But nobody was there, Sungmin must have gone out to do something, maybe he accidentally slammed the door. Chanyeol shrugged and went back inside.

 

"So where were we?"

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

●•●•●•●•●•●•●●•●•●•●•●•●•●

 

 

A/N: Add me on facebook - Taiga

PART 1 ----------------- TaoRis - Master Yifan

PART 2 ----------------- HunHan - The Bro Code

PART 3 ----------------- KaiSoo - El Estudyante

PART 4 ----------------- BaekYeol - Baekhyun's Prince Cha . . . nyeol? 

PART 5 ----------------- If I Stayed