Chapter 9

If I Stayed

A/N: Last day of vacation my tiger cubs (or cubbies) and let me just update this story for you. I wrote this just today, so I am sorry for all the many grammar mistakes you will see. I'll try to edit my work ASAP.

 

 

YEAH IT'S KAISOO BABY!!

 

 

CHAPTER 9

Tiger_nim™

 

 

 

Kyungsoo slowly opens his eyes as he awakes. His head throbbing in pain for some unknown reason. His eyes were trying to focus on the bright light coming from the flourescent above. He tries to pull his body to sit up but fails in the process. His body slamming back on the bed with a soft thud. His head throbbing once again when his head hit the pillow after the impact. His left hand wanting to massage his aching forhead but something was restraining it too.

 

 

A drip.

 

 

What the hell?

 

 

Kyungsoo remembered dreaming about meeting Jongin again. A dream he never wanted to wake up from. He recalls Jongin being as handsome as ever - y as ever. God knows how long and painful Kyungsoo yearns for him. His heart, body and soul wanting search for his mate. Too bad he woke up. Similar dreams have had been envading his sleeps for years and Kyungsoo just wants all of it to come to life. To see Jongin's attractive face again. To smell his manly addictive scent. To hear his velvety and seductive voice. And to taste, oh to taste him!

 

 

 

Numb by the pain of longing, Kyungsoo successfully turned to his side painlessly. A tear making its way from the corner of his left eye down to his cheeks and somewhere near his ears. 

 

 

 

He misses him so much.

 

 

 

So much it hurts.

 

 

 

Dreams aren't enough anymore, they just make hin miss Jongin even more.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo often imagines what it would be like to see the other once again. Would it be amazing? Thrilling? Or just awekward? Who cares, as long as they're together, right? Baekhyun and Luhan would be happy for him. But surely, Baekhyun will go mother-hen on him, while Luhan will be the supportive what-are-you-waiting-for-go-jump-him-already kind of mother. And Hyunnie-

 

 

 

"Oh my god! Hyunnie!" Kyungsoo exclaimed and shot upright on bed, forgetting about all of his body pain.

 

 

He slung his legs to the side of the bed and sees a tray on the bedside table. There were a couple of meds, a syringe and a container with cotton balls. He gets off the table and grabs the cotton balls that were dipped in alcohol and rubs it on the plaster that were keeping the IV in place. Then after removing all the plasters from the sides he got some dry cottons and presses them to where the needle connects with skin and applies pressure. He leans in and uses his teeth to grab on the end of the apparatus and quickly but gently pulls on it. Then he just droppes it on the table and this time uses his chin to apply pressure on the cotton. He gets a roll of plaster from the tray with his free hand and looks for the end of the tape. When he finally found the end, he nudges it on the edge of his teeth to sheath the plaster. Cutting a few strips with his teeth again, he places them on the dry cotton ball to clot the blood.

 

Kyungsoo was thankful that they did not let him wear a hospital gown or something like that, but rather a loose shirt and pagama-like pants. He dashes for the door but it opens before he grabs the knob.

 

 

Oh my…

 

 

"Now I'm hallucinating." Kyungsoo mumbles. He shakes his head and blinks his eyes a few times. He looks up again, but the person was still there.

 

 

 

"No your not." Jongin says, almost speechless as Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"Your not?" Kyungsoo asks softly, his eyes was starting to tear up.

 

 

 

"Nope. I'm here. You're here." Jongin takes a step forward to enter the room and finally realizes what Kyungsoo was about to do.

 

 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

 

 

"I need to go Mr. Kim." Kyungsoo replies as he also snaps out of it.

 

 

 

"You're not going anywhere Kyungsoo." Jongin says as he grabs on Kyungsoo's shoulders.

 

 

 

"You don't understand Mr. Kim, my friends-" Kyungsoo began while looking at the wide open door.

 

 

 

"Are fine." Jongin finishes for him.

 

 

 

"Need me and.. what?" Kyungsoo stops and stares at Jongin.

 

 

 

"They're fine Kyungsoo. If you're refering to Luhan, he and Sehun fixed whatever problem they had. And Baekhyun and Chanyeol are talking right now." Jongin consoles Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"And Hyunie?"

 

 

 

"He's-"

 

 

 

"Uncle Soo!" Jongin was not able to finish his sentence when a tiny person makes his way inside and between them. The little guy then latches on Kyungsoo's leg and looks up at him and smiles.

 

 

 

"You're awake Uncle Soo!" Hyunie beams at his uncle. Then Kyungsoo kneels in front of Chanhyun and starts to check him from head to toe.

 

 

 

"Hyunie! Are you alright?"

 

 

 

"Yes Uncle Soo, I-" Hyunie tries to reply.

 

 

 

"Did they hurt you? Have you eaten? Does something hurt-" But Kyungsoo continues.

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo-" Jongin tries.

 

 

 

"Are you hungry now? Are you-"

 

 

 

"Kyungsoo!" Jongin snaps. "He's fine."

 

 

 

Kyungsoo stares at Jongin then back to the boy. "Is that true Hyunie?"

 

 

 

"Yes Uncle Soo. Mr. Kim and I ate ice cream with Camel ajusshi. Then they took me too the library and then… and then, we, we…" Hyunie babbles.

 

 

 

"We watched Pororo." Jongin finished. He took Hyunie and carried him they smiled at each other.

 

 

 

"Thank you Mr. Kim." Kyungsoo replied.

 

 

 

"Thank you Mr. Kim!" Hyunie says, copying Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

Jongin chuckled and turned his head to the toddler. "Call me "Uncle Jongin" Hyunie-ah. Because, sooner or later I'll be your uncle too." He finshes his sentence with a wink towards Kyungsoo. The smaller adult could only blush as a response.

 

 

 

"Really?! You will?!" Chanhyun squeals at Jongin.

 

 

 

"Yeap. And another buddy of mine that you'll call 'daddy'." Jongin smiles.

 

 

 

"Da…daddy?" Chanhyun repeats. Jongin nods and the baby smiles even more.

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sat on the bed he found himself in earlier. Jongin sat beside him and they were both staring at Hyunie waving from the door in Jongdae's arms. As soon as the door shut, Jongin tuned towards Kyungsoo. He didn't say anything but stared at him.

 

 

 

How many years has it been? 

 

 

 

Ten?

 

 

 

Twelve?

 

 

 

 

Finally. He's so beautifull, still. What if he doesn't feel the same anymore? Oh God, please. I have waited for so long, don't let it be like this.

 

 

 

Jongin takes a deep breath.

 

 

 

"I missed you." They didn't know who spoke first or who was louder.

 

 

 

"Mr. Kim… I-" 

 

 

 

Jongin smiled a little. "Kyungsoo, call me Jongin. I'm not your teacher anymore and neither you're my student. We're finally equals."

 

 

 

Finally. No more boundaries.

 

 

 

Finally.

 

 

 

Finally.

 

 

Kyungsoo stares longingly at Jongin feeling the pricking as tears made way to his wide eyes.

 

 

 

Jongin searched thos beautoful orbs and sees the lonliness, the want and need that equals the vigor of Jongins feelings. Jongin reached his arm out and soon found Kyungsoo buried against his chest sobbing.

 

 

 

Jongin envelopes his arms around the other as he foghts his own tears from coming. He makes little circles on Kyungsoo's back and Jongin rests his cheek against Kyungsoo's hair.

 

 

 

No words are spoken, yet the understanding was so obvious.

 

 

 

Two hearts that have been separated for so long yet neither changed.

 

 

Longed for its other half monotonously, now reunited, they'll love throughout eternity.

 

**

 

 

A/N:

 

CLARIFICATIONS: KYUNGSOO AND JONGIN ARE STILL AT THE PARK MANSION, NOT AT A HOSPITAL.

 

KYUNGSOO WAS ON AN IV BECAUSE HE WAS DEHYDRATED, A RESULT FROM HIS RUNNING AWAY FROM THE POLICE.

 

I HOPE LIKED IT. I TRIED MY BEST.

 

 

NEXT CHAPTER = TAORIS (and a little surprise.)

 

SEE YOU NEXT UPDATE. HAPPY NEW YEAR MY CUBBIES (CUB + SUBBIES). LOL

 

PLEASE COMMENTS AND VOTES WILL REALLY BE APPRECIATED.

 

I LIKE IT WHEN YOU COMMENT. BABBLE ALL YOU WANT. HAHAH THE LONGER THE BETTER. LOLNESS

Add me on facebook - Taiga

Follow me on tumblr - TigerNim