Chapter 11

If I Stayed

Chapter 10

Jongin watched the cute little scene between Chanyeol and his son. Finally, after all the searching, Chanyeol can breathe a little more. He has found his son and the love of his life. It turned out that everything was because of a huge misunderstanding. A misunderstanding that separated them for years, years of sadness, longing and hiding. He remembered the times when Chanyeol would be absent from his duties in the hospital to go in search for his family. He would sleep at three in the morning and wake up a few hours later and look everywhere. His employees could see how tired he was when he goes to the hospital, but he'll just smile like nothing's happening. The other doctors and nurses could see the black eye bags under his eyes, his pale complexion and weakening posture. One time Jongin and Sehun forced him to go home and sleep, but the tallest resisted. Sehun and Jongin didn't have a choice but to spike up his drink with dissolved sleeping pills.

 

Jongin turned back to the father and son scene in the kitchen and he could see that Chanyeol was carrying Hyunnie in his arms tightly. The toddler was crying against his father's shoulder so cutely. His short arms barely around his father's neck and his legs on Chanyeol's side. Chanyeol's chin was rested on his son's shoulder and he rubs his hand on the child's clothed back.

 

I never thought this day would come.

 

"Jongin? What’s going on?" Kyungsoo suddenly appeared on his side. Jongin the wrapped his arm around the other's waist. The toddler's sobbing was not that really quiet since everyone was rushing to the scene. And a worried Baekhyun was one of them.

 

"Why is my baby crying? Did that giant do something?" Baekhyun was looking at the two. "That giant has some serious explaining to do."

 

Baekhyun puffed his chest and started to walk towards the father and son.

 

"Whoa there mamacita. Chanyeol didn't do anything. But he did say something." Jongin stopped Baekhyun.

 

"What did he say? Did he yell at my baby? Or said something mean? Jongin tell me!"

 

Jongin chuckled. Baekhyun looked like he wanted to pull out all his hair off. Jongin was about to explain what happened when Hyunnie noticed Baekhyun.

 

"Mommy~! o(╯□╰)o" Chanhyun called, his short arms stretched out towards his mom. Baekhyun, who snapped his head towards the kitchen at his son's voice, almost ran towards Hyunnie.

 

"Yes baby? Are you alright, Mommy's here. Tell me what's wrong?" Baekhyun took Hyunnie into his arms, and then he balanced him in his left arm. He dried the tears with his right hands.

 

"Mommy, Mr. Park said he... *sniff* he…" Hyunnie struggled to speak while sniffling.

 

"Yes baby? What did the mean and scary Mr. Park said to make you cry?"

 

"Hey!" Chanyeol says a little offended.

 

"Mommy, he's not mean." Hyunnie pouted. "He… he said…"

 

"Yes? What did he say?"

 

"He said he loves me."

 

"Huh? But why are you crying?"

 

"He said he's my daddy."

 

"Oh." Baekhyun said as his mouth formed an 'o'.

 

"Is it really true mommy? Is it?" Hyunnie asked as he placed his small hands on his mother's cheeks. Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol who was smiling sheepishly at them. His eyes were looking from the floor to the side, wondering if it was right to tell Hyunnie he was his dad. Baekhyun smiled at how lost Chanyeol was then he turned to his son.

 

"Yeah. He's your daddy." He replied and then rubbed his nose on Hyunnie's.

 


Hyunnie smiled like he never had before. He hugged his mommy's neck and then turned towards the other adult in the room. He then stretched his arms towards the giant and it reminded Chanyeol the first time he had met the child.

 

"Dad… daddy?" Hyunnie tested. It was really foreign and it sends tingles to his tummy. Chanyeol didn’t take Hyunnie’s outstretched arms but he hugged the other two instead.

 

"Yes Hyunnie?"

 

"I love you too." Baekhyun swears he saw a tear rolling down Chanyeol’s cheek before the latter buried his head against his son's shoulder.

 

**

 

A/N:

We are down to the last TWO chapters people!! 

But don't worry I have new stories lined up. :)

Check out my new stories. Since IIS is near its ending, I thought I should post new stories though. :)

1. Dashing Complex 

Genre: Love and Humor Pairing: (main) Baekyeol (side) hunhan, KrisHo, KaiSoo

2. The Children of the Moon. 

Genre: Supernatural, Love, Humor, Werewolf Pairing: Royal Otp's (Hunhan,KaisooBaekyeo,Taoris,Xiuchen,Sulay)

3. KaiSoo

Genre: Love, Humor Pairing: Kaisoo  (obviously.lol)