Chapter 6

If I Stayed

A/N: Please read the author's note at the end. :)

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

IF I STAYED

Tiger_nim™

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Kyungsoo tried to catch his breath as he ran through the narrow alley. His tired legs are almost giving up on him and his body was ready to collapse at any second. He almost slipped when he ran over a puddle of water just for the sake of out running the cops that was chasing after him. Those guys don't give up, it's as if they have this unlimited energy pumping in their veins. Kyungsoo couldn't even take a break. He took a quick glance behind him, checking if there was someone on his tail, then he stopped seeing there weren't any. He tilted his body to the side, trying to come in contact with the building so to gain support from it. He leaned back against the solid brick wall of the building and slowly dropped on the cold, wet and filthy alley floor.

 

 

 

He was drenched with his own sweat from running for hours and soaked by the rain that was pouring down. The whole country is probably searching for him as of the moment. Unlike him, Baekhyun and Luhan had been caught by the authorities hours ago, and Kyungsoo was thankful to still be running loose. Baekhyun and Chanhyun didn't come home on time and was caught while riding public transport. Knowing Baekhyun, he probably didn't go without a fight. Kyungsoo expects that he would be screaming bloody murder while slapping those officers right on their faces. Yes, he would probably do that. Or he already did.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo weakly raised his left arm and glanced at his watch. 

 

 

 

 

20:37

 

 

 

 

Three hours and twenty minutes. He has been running and hiding for three hours and twenty minutes all around Seoul. Kyungsoo discovered that Seoul was no joke, and he was thankful for the vast area of the place since he had more area to hide at. Running around and feeling like South Korea's most wanted criminal was an experience he won't be proud to write on his next resume.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo felt how his stomach began to churn. His body feels so light from the absence of food and water. His lips are chapped and quivering and his sight began to blur due to the hydration. When will this end? When will those peopele set them free?

 

 

 

For the second time in his life Kyungsoo didn't know what to do. The first was when he was failing his Chemistry class back in high school. But he had his Professor Kim back then

 

 

 

Professor Kim.

 

 

 

 

Where are you anyway?

 

 

 

 

Back in high school they had a little affair that was suppose to stop when Kyungsoo graduates. They never expected to meet in college also, but it soon ended when Professor Kim was assigned to another school the same time as Kyungsoo graduated. Since then, they lost contact with each other, not knowing where the other was.(read El Estudyante)

 

 

 

Kyungsoo never felt so loved by somebody else other than Jongin. Besides their ual relationship, the younger could see how the teacher would take care of him. He likes how the older get jealous when someone asks him on dates or to be his lab partner because he can't do anything. Jongin would stare at him like he was the only thing that matters. Jongin would cuddle with him after their little sessions, afraid to let him go or he might be taken away by someone.

 

 

 

Life is cruelly unfair, they never had the chance to say goodbye to each other. Never had a chance to get any contact information from anyone. Never had the chance to see the other's face for the last time. Or even the chance to confess their feeling.

 

 

 

 

Mr. Kim, where are you?

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo can hear voices from the end of the narrow valley. He sees those people in their uniform in his blur vision making their way towards him. They found him. He slowly got from the ground, pushing his body to stand so he can start running away again. He tried to take a step forward to make a ran for it but his body betrade him and he finds himself falling towards the alley floor.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Kim Jongin had never imagined that he will meet his former student in this kind of situation, with him chasing Kyungsoo throughout Seoul and the latter found out cold on the ground. He was at the Park residence when he heard that they were searching for a guy named Do Kyungsoo, who was involved with Chanyeol's ex-lover. Jongin wasn't sure if it was the same Kyungsoo, but he's a desperate man. Jongdae, the head investigation officer, was about to set off to search for Jongin's supposingly ex-student, when Jongin volunteered to go with the task force. The officers were reluctant to take Jongin with them since he was a civilian. But Jongin begged them to take him with them to no ends. Hands and knees on the floor. (OTL)

 

 

They've searched for hours for Kyungsoo and there was no sign of the small creature. To say that Jongin was exhausted was an understatement. He was sweating like and the only thing missing are some shampoo and soap and he'll be able to have a shower. The officers that were with him were like robots! They don't look tired at all. Jongin guessed they were a special batch of police. The sun began to set and they had almost searched the whole city of Seoul.

 

"Let's search the alleys down the Southern exterior." Officer Kim Jongdae ordered. "He won't last that long."

 

As if the blue heavens heard Jongdae's pleas, they found Kyungsoo. His Kyungsoo. Jongin would know that figure anywhere in the world even after years being apart. He watched as the figure started to get up from the ground at the same time, Jongin made a run towards his beloved. 

 

Just few more inches. Faster Jongin!

 

He pushed his legs so he can not let the other ran away again. When Jongin managed to grab Kyungsoo's sleeve with his right hand, the smaller's body began to topple forward. Jongin pulled on the sleeve and extended his other arm in front of Kyungsoo's body to try and catch him. However, with the lack of momentum, Jongin began to trip since his and Kyungsoo's legs got entangled and he began to fall back dragging the other's bodg with his.

 

**

 

"You sure you don't want to be a member?" Jongdae asked Jongin for almost the sixth time.

 

They were inside Jongdae's car and they were half-way back to the Park mansion. Jongdae and the other officers were impressed by Jongin's show of speed and fast reflexes and they were trying to recruit him into the FBI.

 

"Nah. I'm happy with my job as a teacher." Jongin smiled at the driver. He glanced at the person whose head is resting on his lap.

 

Kyungsoo hasn't changed a lot after the years. His features matured a little but were good on him. His lips were as delectable as before and Jongin would bet that behind those closed eyelids were still the gentle and beautiful wide eyes he had fallen in love with.

 

After a few more minutes, the car was parked in front of the mansion's main driveway. The whole estate was surrounded by FBI agents and afew squads of police. Jongin found himself standing at the main entrance behind Jongdae, carrying an unconcious Kyungsoo in his arms. Jongdae pulled something from his back pocket and showed it to another officer that opened the door. With a nod of tje head, he let them in. They were almost at the living room when a tiny voice caught their attention.

 

"Uncle Soo!" Jongin turned and saw his tiny student at the entrance of the dining room. He had cookie crumbs on his face, an evidence that he has been eating. He was holding a glass of milk with both hands and was looking at the group of people who just entered. He placed the glass of milk on a dresser nearby and wobbled his way towards Jongin.

 

"Mr. Kim, what happened to Uncle Soo? Why are you carrying him?" Hyunie asked while he tugs on his teacher's trousers.

 

"Well, Hyunie, your Uncle Soo is sleeping because he is tired." Jongin replied.

 

"Oh."

 

Jongdae led them to a room and they laid Kyungsoo on the bed. Hyunie got tired walking so he asked an officer to carry him.

 

"Ajjushi~, can you carry me. My tummy is heavy." Hyunie pouted. The offficer smiled and scooped up the child and followed Jongin into the room.

 

"Mr. Kim? When will Uncle Soo wake up?"

 

"Maybe later Hyunie-ah." After Jongin tucked Kyungsoo into bed he turned to the officer carrying Hyunie and took the child in his arms.

 

"And why aren't you in bed big guy?" Jongin asked as he exited the room.

 

"I got hungry and mommy is still not here." Hyunie said as he yawned and rubbed his eyes with his small hands.

 

"Why don't I tuck you into bed? It's getting ate already."

 

"Okay." Hyunie replied as he rested his head on Jongin's shoulder, falling asleep. Jongin chuckled as he felt his student's cute snores against his ear.

 

**

 

A/N: 

OKA~Y. Don't kill me yet. I have a perfectly good reason for the late update. My tooth has been aching for a week now, non-stop. And I have been keeping tablets and capsules of painkillers under my pillows at night. So to make it up to you guys you can dare me. Yes even a picture of me. (But not to daring okay? Have mercy!!!) 

 

GODDAMIT. HAHAHA

A/N:

Add me on facebook - Taiga

 

PART 1 ----------------- TaoRis - Master Yifan

PART 2 ----------------- HunHan - The Bro Code

PART 3 ----------------- KaiSoo - El Estudyante

PART 4 ----------------- BaekYeol - Baekhyun's Prince Cha . . . nyeol? 

PART 5 ----------------- If I Stayed

See you next update.