Chapter 14

The Mysterious Boy of SME High School

Hyo Sung's POV

There is something strange inside me lately. After what happened to me yesterday, I feel like there is something that I can't understand, this feeling in my heart... It's heartbeat is beating weak and irregular. I hold Luhan's hand and looked at him with a pale expression on my face while we were in our way to the campus building today. "You looked pale, Hyo Sung. Are you okay?" "I... I don't know, Luhan. I have this strange feeling inside me lately. Can you feel my heartbeat?" He placed his hand on my chest and he carefully feel my weak heartbeat. "Hyo Sung... Why didn't you tell me that you have a heart ailment?" He stared at me with his deep and piercing eyes. "I-I wanted to tell you but I'm afraid that you're going to see me die because of my condition. I'm sorry..." I looked down and started to cry, "I'm sorry, Luhan..." He lifted my chin and wipes my tears, "Hyo Sung, I heard about your condition from your grandmother." "Mwo? My grandma told you that?" He nodded.

Flashback

While I was cooking pork cutlets for my grandma and Luhan, I didn't know that they were talking privately at the living room. Then, my heart starts to beat weakly as I put my hand on my chest. "Oh no... My heartbeat is weak again..." I muttered to myself. My grandmother told Luhan everything, "Luhan... I wanted to tell you everything about Hyo Sung?" She hold Luhan's hands and muttered, "When Hyo Sung was 5, she had a heart ailment that causes her skin to look pale. Her parents brought her to the hospital for a check-up. The doctor told them that she has a heart ailment because her heartbeat is irregular and weak. Therefore, she need to undergo tests to prove that if she really has that condition or not. Sadly, her test is positive, meaning she had complications in her heart. Her parents were so sad and afraid that their only daughter will die but the doctor gave them a piece of advice: Hyo Sung need to eat a lot of fiber and carbohydrate foods to maintain her health and she must avoid being hit by someone. There is a possibility that if her heart is in critical condition, she will die." Luhan was surprised by my grandmother's story. "Don't worry, I'll do everything to protect Hyo Sung no matter what. You can trust me." He smiled at her. "Thank you. I'm sure that her parents will be proud of you, taking care of their only daughter. She is their precious angel." Luhan smiled widely at my grandmother's compliment.

End of Flashback

Luhan's POV

When we arrived at the campus building today, Baekhyun and Suho waited us at the lobby. I noticed that Kai isn't here today so I asked Suho, "Where's Kai?" "His mom told me that he can't go to school today because of body pain. I heard that Hyo Sung was beaten up by a group of gangsters yesterday. Are you okay?" Suho looked at Hyo Sung and answered, "I'm fine, Suho. Don't worry about me." She smiled weakly. "Anyway, we need to go inside. Kaja." All 4 of us walked through the corridors towards the classroom. As we entered the room, many students were busy murmuring. "What are they murmuring about?" I whispered. "I don't know... These people are acting strange lately about what happened to Hyo Sung yesterday." One conversation I heard is a group of girls talking about Hyo Sung Tao's rebel gang. "Unni, I heard that Hyo Sung was beaten by a gangster group yesterday and Luhan saved her. Then, the leader of the gang named Tao punched him on the face and they were having a fight," "I heard all about that guy. He was in Seoul at that time and he always picking up fights from the other sections. He always ended up being sent to the Principal's office and he was kicked out of that school. He transferred here in SME High just to change his rude attitude but then, he didn't change because one time, he punched a student named Xiumin. He and Tao ended up fighting each other and they were both sent to the Principal's office and they were giving a one-month suspension for violating a rule." I was stunned when I heard Xiumin's name, could it be that Tao and Xiumin used to be here in SME High when they were sophomores and they gave a one-month suspension, so they're the ones who started the rebel gang of their own? This is a question that suddenly runs in my mind. I sure hope nothing goes wrong today.

A/N: Latest chapter updated and there is another twist in this chapter so I hope you don't get confused on the plot of the story. Comment and subscribe if you like ^^