Chapter 12

The Mysterious Boy of SME High School

Hyo Sung's POV

Class was over, Suho and Baekhyun will not join us because they had a practice at their voice choir club. Kai will join us to go to the hospital where Lay is confined. Luhan told me that Kris and Chen will wait for us as the campus gate building, so the three of us went out of the classroom. Kai saw some girls murmuring about the rumor that Luhan and I are in a relationship. We already told Kai, Suho and Baekhyun about it so we just ignored them. They hissed and glared at me when I turned my back towards them then looked away. We went out of the building to find Kris and Chen at the gates of the building. Kris waved at us and we went towards them. "Where's Suho and Baekhyun?" He asked. "They had a practice at their voice choir club so they can't join us but Baekhyun told me that he hoped that Lay will recover soon." Kai said. While we were walking to the hospital, I noticed the group of gangsters standing on the wall of a shop, waiting for another victim. I turned away and hugged Luhan's sideways. "Please hurry, guys..." I whispered. "What's wrong?" Luhan asked. "I just saw a group of gangsters bystanding on a wall of a shop waiting for a victim. We need to hurry before they see us." Kris saw me, shaking in fear and nodded, "It's dangerous here. Let's speed up, guys." We run as fast as we could to avoid eye contact of one of the gangster members, but then it's too late. One of them saw us running and said, "Hey! I saw 5 people trying to escape from us." Huang Zitao, the leader of the gangster group, smirked and said, "Let's give them suffering and pain. Beat them with no mercy!" They charged towards us and Chen turned his back and shocked, "Oh no! Those guys are chasing us!" Kai, Luhan and Kris stay to fight the gangster group, "They're going to get beat up!" I shrieked. "Hyo Sung, you must run! We better take care of these thugs." Kris said and I nodded. I run as fast as I could but then another member from the gangster group blocked my way. He was holding a bat and muttered, "You have nowhere else to run. You won't get away with us, you loser." I was trembling with fear and he charged towards me. I run into a dark alley way and it's a dead end. He chuckled evily, "You can run, but you can't hide from me, brat! I'm going to beat you with no mercy." I dropped my bag on the ground with so much fear and I screamed loudly, "Luhan!!! Help!!!"

Luhan's POV

While we were fighting those thugs, I heard a scream not far away from here. "Luhan!!! Help!!!" I was sure that Hyo Sung's calling me so I run to where she is. "Kai and I will take care of these thugs." Kris said. I run as fast as I could to save Hyo Sung but when I saw her lying on the ground, beaten by one of the gangster members, I was terrified and I arrived too late. "Hyo Sung! Wake up!" I started to cry and hugged her, "I'm so sorry..." Then, a voice said, "Shame on you that one of my members beat your girlfriend into a pulp." He smirked and went towards me. I recognized that face... "Tao?! How could you..." I tried to punched him on the face so bad but he stopped my attack. "Yes, that's right, Luhan. You finally recognized me after all those years." I was raged in fury and said, "I can't believe that you had an evil plan to beat my girlfriend like that!" Tao suddenly punched on my face. I flinched and I felt a bruise on my right cheek and was furious. I punched him back on his face and we started fighting each other until we were panting heavily. "Are you giving up, Luhan?" "Never!" In one final blow, I punched Tao right on his body and he flinched. "You won't see the last of me!" The other members came and helped their leader to stand up and went away. Kris and Kai went back to us saw me, "What happened to you, Luhan?!" Kris shrieked. "Aish! Tao punched me on the face and one of s beat Hyo Sung." "What?!" Both of them were shocked, Kai raged, "Those thugs..." I went to Hyo Sung and carried her, "We need to take her to the hospital quick! Come on!" We ran towards the hospital and I saw Chen trembling in fear when we arrived at the hospital lobby. "Guys... What happened to Hyo Sung?!" He stood up and saw her bruised face. "She got beaten by one of Tao's gangsters." "Did you say Tao?!" "Yes. He's the leader of the gang. He punched me on the face but they fled." "I can't believe he did that!" Then, a nurse came, "What happened here?" "Nurse, one of our friends got beaten up by a group of gangsters awhile ago." I explained She examined Hyo Sung and said, "Her bruise on her right cheek is pretty bad but don't worry, I'll take care of her." She smiled weakly at me, Hyo Sung was put in a stretcher and the nurse hurriedly went to the clinic. The 4 of us sat on a bench, I was really worried about my girlfriend but I'm more worried about Lay as well. "By the way, how's Lay doing?" "The doctor told me that his skin has a lot of bruise. Luckily, his condition is not very bad so he's fine." Chen answered. What a relief. I thought that his condition will go to bad situation. After a few minutes, the nurse came out of the clinic and said, "Your friend is currently resting. She was unconscious when you brought her here but she's fine now. You can come in if you like." "Kamsahamnida!" I bowed at the nurse. "Come on, guys." Kris said and we went inside the clinic.

A/N: There is a continuation of this chapter. Stay tuned ^^