When Past and Present crosses paths

Kingkas Over Flowers

Jieun woke up groggilly and blinked her eyes. ' what happened?' She thought as she looked around and realised something. Her vision was clear. "Oh ." She cursed and immediately went to the bathroom and took out her eye contacts. 'Thank god I'm not blind.' She breathed in relief as she rubbed and blinked her sore eyes. Yes she wore contacts because she didn't want history ro repeat itself.

She walked to ber bedside table and pulled out the top drawer. Picking up the gentle item, she wiped its lens against her shirt and slowly brought it up to her eyes before reluctantly wearing it. Truth be told, she didn't want to wear it ever again, but she knew it was inevitable because of her short-sightedness. If she didn't wear contacts, her vision would be blurry, but she rarely wore her glasses. Her eyes were dry and stung from wearing the lenses while sleeping, thus she had no choice.

46490160dcb4d47430ad7d2016047b02.jpg

FLASHBACK:

"Oh my god look at that nerd, she's so ugly."

"Nerd alert at 3 O'clock"

"Why would our Oppa hang out with an ugly nerd like you? Have you seen your reflection?"

"I don't date nerds."

She shut her eyes and cleared her head of the awful memories which were resurfacing. She washed up and changed into something simple, a printed tee and a pair of shorts since she was at home. It was Saturday and she didn't have any work today. Just as she was drying her hair and was about to pick up her phone, her doorbell rang. 

"Junhong-ah, who is it? Junhong-ah?" Jieun yelled out but received no reply. 'Hm where is that boy.' She thought as she walked downstairs and caught a note on the fridge. 

"My dearest Noona,

I'm really sorry for leaving you at home alone while you're sick :(

but I have something on today so I can't accompany you >.< 

I made you some porridge, remember to eat it before taking the your medicine 

in the right cupboard above the oven.

Love,

Junhong <3"

Jieun read and chuckled at her brother's note. She coughed alittle before the doorbell rang again, more urgently this time. 'Who could it be?' She thought but then the doorbell rang once, twice, thrice again. It was getting annoying. She walked to the door and opened it.

There stood 12 boys in front of her door. Chen's finger was just about to press on the doorbell again as Jieun shot him a glare. He chuckled nervously and hid behind Chanyeol. She eyed all 12 of them.

"What are you all doing at my house?" She raised an eyebrow. But they were too busy to respond to her.

Busy doing what you ask?

They were staring at Jieun's smooth milky legs. Although she always wore the school skirt to school, they have never seen her in a pair of shorts other than jeans or sweatpants during gym class. It was a first to see her in something shorter than their school skirt. They also had never seen her with her hair down, since her hair would always be up in a bun or ponytail.

Suho was the first to snap out of it. "Uh we heard you were sick so we came to visit you." He said and smiled.

"Yeah, I sacrificed my martial arts training to come here you know, so appreciate it." Tao huffed as Kris pushed the younger boy's head.

"Aren't you going to invite us in?" Beakhyun beamed and tried to look over her shoulder and into her house. Jieun pulled the door closer to her. 

"Hey you wear glasses?" Chen asked as she suddenly realised it and quickly took it off and shoved it into her pocket. She blinked her eyes a few times to adjust to the blurry vision.

"A-anyways, how did you guys know where I stay?" She asked. They all turned around and pointed to the deer who beamed. 

"Eh hehe, I might have told them." He rubbed the back of his neck. Jieun sighed and reluctantly opened the door to let them in. The pack of boys gleefully invaded her house and looked around. "Your house is small." Tao commented while Jieun scoffed.

"Well I'm sorry Mr Rich Kid, I'm not rich like you guys." She said and walked into the kitchen. 

"Idiot." Kris muttered and whacked Tao in the head. "Ow, hyung!" He whined as Kris stuck his hands into his pocket and walked off.

Jieun scooped some porridge into a bowl before settling down on the table and eating it while the guys roamed her house. "Hey whats-" Baekhyun started but was cut off by Jieun, "Second floor is prohibited." She said sternly and Baekhyun pouted and his shoulders slumped. "But but but." He whined but drooped his ears like a lost puppy and walked off when Jieun glared at him. 

Jieun was more comfortable with this bunch of guys as compared to the start. She was able to be stern with them as well as play along. Who could resist them? Even her Cafe's manager loved the boys. Well they do bring her business since they would attract girls to the cafe whenever they visited her. 

"Hey whats this?" "Ooh look!" The boys asked and pointed at everything as if they had never seen a photoframe, books and most of all, Junhong's precious collection of Skateboards. 

"Aww you were adorable." Xiumin cooed as he picked up your family photo which was taken when you were four and Junhong was two. You blushed but retorted. "What do you mean 'were'? Am I not adorable now?" You as he shook his head, "Aniyo!" He was flustered and you chuckled. You coughed again and felt someone's hand patting your back. You turned around and smiled, "Luhan."

"Gwenchana? Do you need some water?" Luhan asked and Jieun shook her head. "I'm fine, thank you." 

Kris was leaning against the wall, bored but his eyes caught the interaction between Jieun and Luhan. 

"Hey put Juno down!" Jieun shouted at Tao who was playing with one of Junhong's favourite skateboard. "Juno? Who's Juno?" Kai asked. "Ah, that skateboard Tao is holding. Junhong names all his skateboards. They're like his babies." Jieun said and chuckled at her brother's cuteness. Jieun stole Juno away from Tao and placed it back in its place nicely. 

"Lets go out. Staying in doors isn't healthy." Suho suggested as everyone agreed. Jieun sighed but went with it. She had planned to stay indoor and probably catch up on some dramas which she had missed. " I know! Noraebang kaja!" Baekhyun said. "Again?" Sehun groaned. Jieun looked around, wondering why Sehun had reacted like that. 

"Baekhyun's favourite place is noraebang." D.O explained as Jieun nodded. "Why not? Its been so long since I've been there." Jieun said, the last time she went was with Junhong and Sunhee which was...... During christmas last year. "ASA!" Baekhyun pumped his fist into the air.

Jieun went up to her room tochange and grab some stuffs. "Nice room." Someone said as she turned around and saw Kris. "Kris get out, didn't I say the second floor was prohibited." She groaned. He shrugged. His eyes caught sight of something. He walked towards it and picked it up."Hey-" Jieun was about to protest but stopped short.

"Hm. Your boyfriend?" Kris said and eyed the picture frame. He found the boy in the picture very familiar, but he couldn't pinpoint who it was. The girl in the photo looked different but Kris could tell it was Jieun, just that she was wearing a pair of thick-framed glasses and maybe alittle chubbier. The photoframe was snatched out of his hands. 

"I said get out." Jieun said in a hard and cold voice which Kris had never heard before. He raised his hands in surrender and walked out of the room, but stopped just a few steps later. "Oh, and you should wear your glasses instead of your contacts. Your eyes are alittle red. Besides, you don't look that bad in it anyways." With that, he walked downstairs to join the others. Jieun placed the photoframe facing down on the table and closed her eyes to prevent the tears. She didn't want to be reminded of him.

FLASHBACK:

"Say Cheese~" He said as he wrapped an arm around Jieun's waist and pulled her closer to him while raising the camera in front of the both of them. Jieun wasn't a fan of taking pictures because of her looks. Compared to him, she was like an ugly duckling. "Come on babe." He urged as she sighed. She couldn't say no to him. She looked up and smiled gently as he pressed the button. 

"Oppa, you know how much I hate taking pictures." Jieun frowned. He just chuckled, "And you know how much I love it." He said and pecked her cheeks as she gasped and blushed. He snapped another photo of her expression as she blinked a few times before realising.

"YAH OPPA!"

Breathing in and out, she heard a knock from her door. "Everything okay?" Luhan asked as Jieun turned around to hide her face. She coughed alittle to clear before replying. "Ne, just looking for something. Be right down!" She said, trying to make her voice sound cheery. Luhan noticed something weird and decided to approach her. 

"Hey." He crouched down to her eye level and saw that her eyes were red and teary. "Hey whats wrong?" He said as he placed he cupped her face to make her look up. She avoided his eyes. "You can tell me." Luhan said.

Jieun wiped her tears and forced a smile. "Aniya, I was trying to put my contacts in thats why!" She laughed and removed Luhan's hands from her face gently. "I'm really fine Luhan. Go down and wait, I'll be right down. Promise." She smiled at him. Luhan had his doubts but decided not to pursue it any further. "Arasso, but if there's anything, I'm here okay?" Luhan assured her as she smiled and nodded. 

Jieun decided to wear her conacts still, since she didn't want to be seen outside in her glasses.

"Finally, the princess has arrived." Chen said sarcastically as Jieuna and Luhan walked down the stairs together. Jieun shot him a look and tried to bite his hands which were gesturing to her.

"Carnivorous."Chen muttered as Jieun laughed. Jieun had changed into a plain white tee and light blue jeans paired with sneakers.

tumblr_n8ezq5DSsS1rxog3no1_500.png

They arrived at the Noraebang which they often frequent, even the person at the counter smiled at the familiar faces. "Omo, who do we have here? Why if it isn't Baekhyunnie and his friends." They ahjuhmma smiled motherly at the boys. "Annyeong Ahjumma!" Baekhyun greeted the lady back. "Ah, I see you guys brought a new friend?" She said and eyed me. "Ah this is our friend, Jieun." Baekhyun introduced me as I smiled and bowed to the lady. "What a beautiful young lady." The lady smiled at me as I bowed again in thanks. "Alrights, the usual, Room 365." The lady said and handed Baekhyun the key.

69156812b4ba287f5ee0bc9d43bbf5bbe87fba30

"Wow." Was the first word Jieun said when she entered the room. She had never entered such a big noraebang before. Well there wasn't a need to since it would only be her, Junhong and Sunhee. Them three didn't need such a big room, besides, it was expensive. The interior of them room was warm and bright, She liked it.

She sat down on the couches in the room and Luhan plopped down next to her, and D.O to her other side.  "Me first! Me first!"Baekhyun raised his hands eagerly and Jieun chuckled. Baekhyun was different from when he was in school. Sure he was cheerful and full of grins, but outside, he was a total kid. 

Baekhyun began to sing, and soon everyone took turns, and some even collaborated. They went from singing it nicely, so screaming it loudly. There were all kinds of songs, ranging from sad love songs to girl group songs, which Suho and Luhan danced to.

She had to say, she never knew they were all such great singers, and rappers, and dancers. Geez these guys are talented. And damn could Baekhyun and Chen hit those notes, which  even some girls couldn't hit. And their voices were very clear and soothing.

They even did Troublemaker songs which made Jieun cringe. There was also a moment when she made an awkward eye contact with Kai since they would be performing it together. Even Lay and Kris sang a chinese song.

"HunHan! HunHan!" Everybody cheered as Luhan and Sehun danced to TroubleMaker. Jieun furrowed my eyebrows. 'What is HunHan?' She thought. "Its a shipname we made for Luhan and Sehun. Hun+Han = HunHan." D.O explained to her. "Ahhh..." She nodded and laughed at the silly shipping. 

They all started a dance battle and of course, nobody could beat the big 4, Kai, Lay, Sehun and Luhan. Jieun clapped for all their performances while sitting there and enjoying their performances. "Jieun, your turn to sing!" Chanyeol said as he pushed the mic to her. "Eh? Aniyo, you guys go ahead." She rejected, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of such good singers. "Eyy I heard you sing before, you're really good!" Chanyeol said. "What? Y-you did? When?" She asked. "First day of school, you were in one of the music rooms." He replied as Jieun's jaw dropped. She didn't know there was someone. "Really? Now I really want to hear you sing." Luhan joined in the conversation.

She reluctantly took the mic and trudge up to the screen. She looked around and saw that all eyes were on her. She sighed and chose her song.

She ended her song and looked around nervously, hoping she did not mess up. The boys were gaping at her, since they've never heard her sing before. 

"That was amazing." Lay breathed out and started clapping, and soon the rest followed. Jieun smiled. "Encore! Encore! Encore!" They cheered as Jieun groaned and decided to sing one last song.

"Woohoo! I didn't know you could sing and rap that well!" Baekhyun said. Jieun chuckled, "There's a lot of things you don't know about me Baekhyun." Baekhyun scratched his head, "Well thats true, but one by one, I'll find out everything." He said as Jieun shook her head at him.

 

After their singing session, they went to fill their tummy. "Chicken! Chicken! Chicken!" Kai demanded as he drummed his utensils on the table. "Wait for it." Xiumin said. They were at a chicken shop since Kai had demanded it and practically begged for it. It was clearly a sight to see the almighty Kim Jong In beg for Chicken. They all decided to have a competition to see who could finish eating 1 whole chicken. So she decided to join in for the fun as well.

The chicken came and everyone started slowly. But then one person wasn't eating. "Kris you're not eating?" Jieun asked as Kris had not touched any piece of the chicken on his plate. "Chicken nae style aniya. (Chicken is not my style)" He replied nonchalantly. Jieun laughed at his comment and shook her head while continuing to eat her chicken. Kai was gobbling everything down like a vacuum.

However, Jieun saw something at the corner of her eyes. Kris was eating the chicken. 'Tch, this guys claims chicken ain't his style and there he is, eating it.' "So I guess you're hungry huh Kris?" Jieun raised an eyebrow and smirked as Kris froze. The rest laughed while Kris ignored them and continued eating. 

In the end, I only finished half of the chicken and Sehun won but he cheated of course. He placed most of his chicken on D.O's plate instead. Kai and Luhan were head to head but then Sehun was announced the winner.

After the filling and unhealthy meal,just as the gang were leaving the shop, they bumped into some 'old friends' of Jieun's. "Omo!" They heard a gasp as they group of 13 looked up and Jieun's eyes widened. 'No, not this soon.' She prayed in her head and quickly looked away to hide her face. "Jieun, do you know them?" Baekhyun asked as Jieun groaned internally, silently cursing at Baekhyun for saying her name outloud.

"No wonder I found you familiar. I almost couldn't recognise you without your glasses, Choi Jieun. So we meet again." That pitchy and annoying voice rang through Jieun's ear. 'Come on Jieun.' Jieun siad in her head as she forced herself to look up. She scanned the group and met eyes with him. His eyes bore into hers emotionlessly. She dragged her eyes away from him and saw her, Bae Suzy. She was clinging onto his arm like a koala. She looked behind them and saw that the rest of their gang were here too.

"Long time no see,Nerd." Fei sneered. "Now now Fei, no need to get harsh here." Suzy calmed her friend down. "Who you calling Nerd?" Tao retorted. "I see you've made some friends? Hello. I'm Bae Suzy. Jieun's friend." Suzy said and emphasised the word 'friend'. Sehun snorted, "Friend indeed." He mumbled but the rest heard him, causing the EXO boys to laugh. "Anyways," Suzy cleared and continued, "are you still trying to cling onto people who are better than you? Because that is what this looks like to me. Are you guys Kingkas as well?" She said and used her finger to point at the group when she said 'this'.

"No we're not Kingkas, just regular students." Suho replied. "Huh, oh well, what a pity. You guys have the looks. But then again, if you guys really were Kingkas, you wouldn't be hanging out with people like her." Suzy said, faking the disappointment. "Well it certainly beats hanging out with people like you. Come on guys, lets not waste our breath on people like her." Kai said as he began to walk off first. The rest began to follow, while Jieun was rooted to the ground. "Come on Jieun." Luhan said as he turned back and grabbed her hand, pulling her along. 

"Myungsoo Oppa! Look at those people, they bullied me! Why didn't you stand up for your girlfriend?" Suzy whined and stomped her foot like a kid. "Its just a waste of time. Ignore them." Myungsoo said and walked into the shop. "Hmph! Just you wait Choi Jieun." Suzy said and glared at the direction that Jieun and EXO walked off in.

'She's become prettier.Why couldn't she be like this when we dated.' Myungsoo or L thought.


 

"Gwenchana?" Luhan asked as Jieun had been silent after the whole incident and it worried Luhan. "Jieun?" Luhan called her name again as she snapped out of it. "Huh? I'm sorry, you were saying?" She asked. Luhan sighed, "Do you know those people?" He asked. Jieun nodded. "Sadly, I do. They're from my old school." She replied. "Did they bully you?" Luhan asked. Jieun was contemplating if she should answer the question, but nodded. "Those bullies." Luhan hissed and clenched his fist. "Its okay, its in the past anyway." Jieun forced a smile. "Are you really okay?" Luhan asked again. "I'm fine, Luhan. stop being such a worywart." Jieun smiled and pushed his forehead backwards.

'Wow I didn't realise we spent so much time at the noraebang.' Jieun thought as the sky had soon darkened. "Lets go cycling!" Chen said excitedly. "Geurae!" Xiumin agreed and so did the others. They decided to go to Hangang River to cycle since they said there was a nice view and it was windy there. 

They rented bikes and rode around the place, feeling the cool wind blow against their face, blowing their hair back. Jieun's hair was flying with the wind since she had forgotten to bring a hairband to tie it up, so she had no choice but to leave it down. But to the guys, she looked really pretty with her hair down, and even now that it was being blown by the wind. She looked...angelic?

They rode for sometime before deciding to call it a night. The boys offered, more of forced Jieun to let them bring her home since it was late and it would eb dangerous for a girl like her to go home alone.

"Thank you guys for today. It was fun and I really appreciate your effort and concern. Especially you Tao." Jieun smiled as Tao grinned proudly, puffing out his chest. "Rest well and get well soon okay?" Luhan said as Jieun nodded. Luhan ruffled her hair and smiled. They all exchanged greetings before leaving. "Bye!" Xiumin turned around to wave at Jieun once again as Jieun chuckled and waved back. Seeing that they were out of sight, she smiled and closed the door.

Walking up to her brother's room, she saw that Junhong had already fallen asleep. She smiled and walked to his bed to tuck him in properly before pecking his forehead. She returned to her room and took a shower before preparing to sleep. She walked to her study desk and lifted the photoframe. Brushing her hands softly against the photo, she sighed.

"Why did we have to meet so soon, Myungsoo?"

 


 

Updateddd! Hehe so I decided to make a new poster for this story but since I'm a noob at this, its not spectacularly attractive like other stories'. Mian!! Anyways, they have finally crossed paths! What will happen next? Hehe, I won't be able to update often anymore because of exams and studies, so I will apologise beforehand. SORRYYYY!!

Have a nice day and don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote! Love ya'll <3

 

tumblr_naumth7EGp1tuwxpeo1_500.giftumblr_n9ksyoazSV1thisfjo2_500.jpgtumblr_n9qds1mjtQ1rml9mio1_500.jpgtumblr_nafcnaB5tM1ti8lbko1_500.gif

tumblr_n9oj0myMwu1rzmjz8o1_500.jpg  OMG I JUST REALISED THEY WERE DOING THE SAME                                                     THING. BEAGLE LINE HAS 1 MIND!

 tumblr_n9wkos0Ou41seysnwo1_500.gifChen, where do you think you're hitting? o.Otumblr_naissc8rCt1tg9v4ko1_500.giftumblr_n9wl9a5f5j1tcrdr4o1_250.gifimagetumblr_na0aa3N4Te1ttjg2qo1_400.giftumblr_nas64a3tdg1tzcu0ro1_500.jpgtumblr_na76x67jJU1ty6wcuo1_400.gif