An Old Friend

Kingkas Over Flowers

Jieun POV:

"Jieun! Jieun! Are you free on Saturday?" Sunhee asked excitedly as she jumped around me while I was wiping a table. "Mm I should be. Wae?" I wondered as I turned around to return the cups and plates to the kitchen. "Well remember how I told you I'm recently into this new KPOP group? Well they're having a concert this Saturday aaaand I got two tickets for us!" She squealed happily. I shook my head at her. "Don't you have better things to spend your money on?" I teased as she pouted at me. "Come on Jieunie~" She pleaded with those irresistable puppy eyes as I closed my eyes and groaned.

"Fine." 


[So what are you guys doing tomorrow?] Chen asked in the group chat.

Baecon:[Not much. Wanna hang out?]  

[Sure] The rest replied.

LuDeer:[What about you Jieun?]

CJieun:[Sorry guys, ya'll go ahead. I've plans with Sunhee.]

Chanyoelf:[Plans? What plans? How come we're not invited?!]

CJieun:[She's dragging me to some concert. Girls only, mehrong :P]

Yehethun:[How ist.]

*DingDong! DingDong!*

I groaned as I heard someone ringing my doorbell continously as I covered my ears with my pillow to drown out the sound. "Noona, Sunhee Noona is here." I heard Junhong mumble as I forced an eye open to look at the time. 

05:00PM

I hissed mentally as I slouched back into my bed. "Yah pig, wake up! We need to go soon! Hurry!" She nagged and pulled on my blanket as I groaned and gave up. I raised my hand in surrender as she pulled me up and pushed me into the toilet. 

"You have 15 mins." She said as I mumbled curses under my breath and took a shower and washed up. "Wear something nice. What about this?" She said as she rummaged through my closet and pulled out a dress which I rarely wear unless necessary. I scrunched up my face. "Do I have to wear a skirt?" I whined. "Yes. And thats final. Today is a special day for me, so don't you dare ruin it. So what I say, goes. We have to dress prettily so Oppas will notice us!" She said without letting me say anything before pushing me back into the bathroom to change. 'There's no going against that girl.'

tumblr_nblkkhKrgU1sv8me9o1_500.png

I came out in the clothes she picked out for me as I stood there awkwardly, still not used to wearing a skirt other then our school uniform. "See, it isn't so bad." Sunhee grinned as she walked over to inspect me before nodding in satisfaction. Well it could have been worse. I scanned Sunhee from head to toe, and realised we were in similar outfits, except hers were brighter and had floral prints.

"Lets go!" She said as she pulled me by my wrist. I barely managed to grab my bag before being dragged out. "Have fun!" I heard Junhong yell before we shut the door after I put my maroon sneakers on.. From Sunhee's explaination, we needed to be there early so we could get good spots. Apparently the tickets Sunhee got were VIP tickets, meaning they were the first few rows of seats. It was a mini concert so there were no standing pits, thankfully.

We arrived and there were already a whole lot of people. But since we had the VIP tickets, it wouldn't really matter to us, so I didn't know why we had to come early.Looking around, I saw, mostly girls, holding banners and lightsticks. 'BEAST?' Why does it sound familiar? I shurgged it off as Sunhee went to go buy some merchandises, leaving me standing there alone. I rubbed my arms awkwardly.

Not wanting to stand there alone for any longer, I decided to walk around the area since there was about an hour before the concert started, so I texted Sunhee first, and that we'll meet at the Entrance in 45 mins.

I fixed the strap of my bag on my shoulder and just strolled around the Stadium, where it was quieter. 'This is nice.' I smiled to myself, not fancying crowded places. I was humming to a random tune when something rolled in front of me. I squinted my eyes at the tiny, shiny object and bent down to pick it up. 'An earring?' I questioned, it was shaped like a tiger's tooth, sharp and sparkly. I looked around and noticed a guy with red hair, quite built and a small oval face. 

Assuming it was his, I walked over to him and handed it to him. Giving a small smile and bow before walking off to find Sunhee since the concert was about to start.

-End of Jieun's POV-

-No One's POV:

'Aish.' He cursed as he dropped his earring which rolled away.. He wanted to take a short breather before the concert. He quickly jogged over before seeing the sideview of a girl. Her soft, wavy brown hair flowing forwards as she bent down to pick up his earring. He was stunned. The girl examined the earring before looking around. Thats when he saw her face. 

His heart stopped. 'Its her.' He thought as his heart began to beat in his chest. Its been 8 years since the last time they met and she still hasn't changed. Still beautiful as always. She walked towards to him and he could feel his breath caught up in his throat. She stuck out her hand with the earring towards him but he just couldn't will himself to move. She cocked her head towards the side seeing that he wasn't moving. 'Cute.' He thought as she grabbed his wrist, placed the earring in his palm, shot him a breathtaking smile before bowing and walking off. "Thanks!" He was about to say, but she had already disappeared from his sight.

'Did she not recognise me?' He thought. 'Is she here for the concert? Is she a fan? But if she was, she would have recognised me, but she didnt.' His mind was filled with questions about her. "Kikwang-ah! Palli, the concert's going to start soon!." An older guy called as Kikwang whipped his head towards the voice. "Oh, coming." He said as he jogged back into the stadium.

The concert started with a bang. Literally, a bang. Screams erupted like volcanoes and Jieun couldn't help but shrink back in her seat. Sunhee and her were seated in the fourth row, giving them quite a clear view of the stage. As the performances went on, Jieun caught something in the fanchants. 'Lee Kikwang'  The name floated in her mind. 'Where have I heard that name before, it sounds strangely familiar.' She furrowed her eyebrows.

At the same time on stage, Kikwang caught Jieun furrowing her eyebrows in deep thought and couldn't hide the smile that was creeping onto his lips. "Omo! Kikwang Oppa is looking here!" Sunhee screamed and grabbed onto Jieun's arm. Jieun looked up and saw the same red haired guy. 'Hey, thats the earring guy.' She thought. 'So he's one of the members of BEAST.' 

Jieun had to admit, their songs were quite nice and catchy, and one of her favourites was Rain uh Raining? Oh! On Rainy Days. When they were performing, I like you best, they hopped down from the stage and walked among the audiences, which caused all the fangirls to go into a frenzy. Even Sunhee ran forward, hoping for a handshake, or one of the roses they were giving out. Jieun, being the only sane one, stayed seated and watched amusingly as the fangirls pushed around. But then she suddenly noticed all eyes on her, making her confused. She heard a voice beside her as she turned to her side and stared at the red haired male who was holding a rose out in front of him, to her. Her eyes flickered from the guy to the rose and then back to the guy again. 

'Am I suppose to accept it?' She questioned herself. She felt a nudge in her ribs as she groaned and looked to Sunhee who was grinning giddily. 'Accept it!' She could read what Sunhee's eyes were telling her. Jieun pursed her lips before reaching for the rose and bowing in thanks awkwardly. Kikwang smiled widely, his eyes forming crescents before heading back onstage.

"Thank you all once again for coming, and we hoped you enjoyed the concert. See you again soon! Saranghaeyo!" The BEAST members thanked their fans before waving and retreating backstage. However, before Kikwang left the stage, he looked at you once more before dashing off.

Sunhee was skipping happily and smelling the rose which she had received from the short, baby-faced guy, Yoseob, or so she calls him, 'Her one true Love.' "Omg I can't believe Yoseobie gave me his rose, KYA!" she squealed again as Jieun chuckled, seeing her friend so happy just with a rose. "And omg did you see the way Kikwang was looking a you? It was so romantic~" She sighed. I snorted, shaking my head. "Please, he was looking at everyone the same way. Even the other five guys did the same." Jieun retorted.

"Well, thanks for accompanying me Jieun! Hehe, Goodnights and see ya soon! Get home safe ne!" Sunhee yelled as the two girls separated ways. Looking up at the night sky and feeling the cool night breeze, Jieun smiled and decided to walk home instead, wanting to bask in the moonlight for alittle longer.

She walked while humming and spotted a convenience store nearby and decided to get a drink. 'I should get one for Junhong.' She thought and decided to get two cans. After paying, she exited the store and continued on her way home. 

*Drip. Drip.*

Jieun felt something wet drip on her arm as she looked up to see raindrops slowly, falling. 'Aish, I forgot to bring an umbrella. Its all SunHee's fault for dragging me out of the house.' She pouted and covered her head with her hands and started to run. Then, she sudden;y felt nothing. 'Eh? Did it stop raining?' She thought and looked around, only to notice a guy beside her, and his jacket was covering the both of them. She noticed his familiar red hair. 'Its the earring guy.' She thought and opened to say something but was cut off when the guys spoke. "Lets get to a shelter first shall we?" He said as she nodded and they went to hide under the bus stop nearby.

"Thanks." Jieun mumbled softly, fixing her hair. Kikwang smiled. "You're the earring guy, aren't you? And also a member of the BEAST group." She said and looked at him. Kikwang nodded, "Ah ne, annyeong. I'm-" "Kikwang right? Yeah I heard your name during the concert." Jieun finished his sentence for him.

"Well thank you again. But I should be going now. Goodbye." Jieun smiled and was about to walk off when, "Jieun-ah!" Her name was called. She froze in her spot and furrowed her brows, before turning around to face Kikwang. "How do you know my name?" She asked. She was sure she never told him her name, so how could he have known?

"Don't you remember me?" He said as he walked towards her and stood directly under the light. She squinted her eyes and racked her brains. When the lightbulb went off in her head as her eyes widened and her next words came out in a shaky and barely audible whisper.

"Lee Ki." 


Finally updated! Hehe so I've been in love with Kikwang after watching his mini drama, 20 years old. Its an old show but its super good and its like watching my dream in a drama, HAHAHAHA. Anyways, I hoped you guys liked it, and do comment! I'm missing your comments, do you guys not like my story? :( Tell me what you think okays? 

XOXO <3

lee_ki_kwang_02.jpg8234305-256-k807900.jpgtumblr_mpsnxhnSs81rjy0kxo1_500.jpg