A Moment of Comfort

Kingkas Over Flowers

Jieun's POV:

After Junhong had dropped me off at work, he left saying he was going to meet up with some friends. "Arasso, stay safe and don't come home too late!" I yelled after him as he waved his hand and walked off. I tied the apron around my waist and was wearing a pair of black jeans beneath, paired with a grey long sleeves V-neck top.

tumblr_mlk4ovOfPP1qf4yfko1_500.jpg

Sunhee won't be in until later since she had extra lessons today so that left me with a few other staffs. I tied my hair into a ponytail before washing my hands and getting down to business. I stood at the counter and took orders of customers who entered the cafe. There weren't many customers so it was managable.

"Annyeonghaseyo. What may I get you?" I smiled and greeted when I looked up from the register. I cocked an eyebrow at the guy standing in front of me. It was the blonde guy. Kris. He looked at the headboard where the menu was and ordered  his drink. 

My eyes widened but I quickly regained my composure and nodded, taking down his order before handing it to one of my colleagues who prepared the drink. "Your order will be served shortly. Please take a seat." I said the usual lines as he made his way back to his seat.

"YAH!" I heard a lady scream as my head whipped over to see one of my colleagues with her head down in front of a fuming lady. Most of the patrons in the cafe had turned to look as well. I made my way over to where the commotion was coming from. 

"Excuse me, may I know what is the problem here?" I asked politely. "This wretched girl here, spilled water on my designer bag." The lady screeched. I looked at the bag which she was pointing to. It was a gucci bag which i presumed must be expensive. There was no stain. I looked at the surrounding water which seemed to be plain water. "I apologise for my colleague but Ma'am, she only spilled plain water, which I'm sure shouldn't be quite a damage to your bag." I explained but she scoffed. "Chogiyo, do you know how much a bag like this costs? Even if you add up 5 months of you salary, you won't even be able to afford something like this."

'Rich people, one of the kinds people I dislike. They like to flaunt their riches and look down on others. They think just because they're rich, they can control everything.'  "Besides, water may damage the material of my bag. Don't you have any common knowledge?" She sneered. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I calmly looked at the lady, "If your bag is so easily damaged, maybe it isn't of good quality." I replied and looked her right in her eye. "Bwo? This girl." She yelled and took the glass of water on the table before splashing it in my face. I closed my eyes when the cold water hit my face, dripping down my face as it wet my shirt.Gasps were heard. "What a disrespectful girl. Don't your parents ever teach you manners. Maybe you're of bad quality too." She spat and walked out of the cafe.

I closed my eyes to calm myself down before wiping my face and bowing to the other customers. "Choisonghamnida. Please return back to enjoying your food." I said and walked back into the staff area. "I'm so sorry Jieun-sshi." I heard my colleague apologise while bowing to me. "Its fine Seoeun. You're new here anyways, just be careful arasso?" I smiled and ruffled her hair and walked away before someone else stopped me. 

I looked up and met eyes with Kris who had an unreadable expression on his face. He fished out a handkerhief and passed it to me.I looked at the handkerchief which he placed in my hand and walked away back to his table. I walked into the staff room to dry myself. As soon as I entered the empty room, I sighed and sat down on one of the benches, leaning my head back on the wall, blinking my tears away. I rested my arm on my eyes to calm myself down. 

"Don't your parents ever teach you manners. Maybe you're of bad quality too." That line rang in my head.

After washing up myself and drying my shirt, I walked back out and got back to work. "Sorry I'm late!" Sunhee entered the cafe and smiled at me. But that smile faltered when she sensed the atmosphere. She's always very observant. "What? What did I miss?" She asked, looking around for answers.She looked at me but I just shrugged it off. She pouted at me but went to look for my other colleague to ask for gossip. 

"She did WHAT?!" She yelled, earning looks from the customers and a glare from me. She laughed awkwardly and bowed before walking to me. "Yah! That bitc-" "Language Sunhee." I chided her as she groaned in annoyance. "Are you okay?" She asked softly. "I'm fine. Still standing." I replied and chuckled before handing a customer his receipt and bowed a thanks to him as he left. "Aish , I should have been here. I would have whooped her ." She mumbled but I shot her a look as she sighed and gave up before heading into the staff room to get changed. 

"Aren't those the guys from yesterday?" Sunhee asked as she stood beside me, drying the cups. I nodded. "And apparently, they go to my new school as well." I said. "No way!" She squealed. "You're so lucky to be able to see such handsome faces everyday." She said dreamily as I chukled.

"So are you guys like friends?"She asked. "Nah, I don't think so. We just met today geez." I replied. "Huh doesn't look like it. That guy has been looking at you for awhile now."She commented and gestured over to a table as I looked up and caught his eyes.

 

"Bye Sunhee." I bid her goodbye as I ended work earlier and she had the night shift. "Bye Jieun-ah, get home safely ne!" She waved back with a smile as I nodded and exited the cafe. I was walking towards the bus station. It was already 7PM. I walked pass a dark alley and heard some groaning and mumbling before speeding up my steps.

"Hey there pretty girl." A hand reached out to grab me as I gapsed in shock and fear. The man who looked to be in his thirties, looked drunk and his words were slurred. He smirked at me and moved closer to me, his hand carassing my cheeks.I pushed him back and ran towards the bus stop. Tears were slowly slipping out of my eyes from fear.As I turned into a corner, I bumped into somebody, thinking it was the same man, I tried to pull away but the person just gripped onto my hand. "Let go!" I screamed. "Yah, Jieun." The person said as I stopped and looked up to see Kris looking at me.

 

Kris POV: 

Someone bumped into me as I groaned and looked down at the person annoyed but recognised her, but it seems she didn't recognise me. She was shaking and pushing me but I gripped onto her hand. "Let go!" she screamed. I was confused with her actions.

'Why is she screaming?' I thought and called her name to get her attention. She froze and looked up at me. My eyes widened at her state, her tear-stained face, eyes full of fear and her body was shaking slightly despite wearing a coat.

"K-kris?" She stuttered. "W-what happened?" I asked, shocked at her voice. "I-I'm scared." She whispered, her hands griping tightly onto my sleeves. Tears were streaming down her face. Even though she might look tough on the outside, she's actually fragile. "Shh, don't worry. I'm here." I whispered and pulled her in for a hug. I don't know why I did that, even when I don't really care about girls, but it just seemed so right at that moment.

Her hands wrapped around my waist, gripping onto my shirt tightly while one of my hand patted her back and the other, soother her hair. She sniffed, her tears wetting my shirt but I didn't mind. After awhile, she calmed down and pulled away, wiping her tears. "T-thank you Kris-sshi. I'll be going now." She stuttered and walked off. 'Should I just let her go home by herself? What if she meets a bad guy? Aish Kris why are you worried about her?' I argued with myself but groaned and jogged up beside her. 

"W-wae?" She asked when I walked beside her. I put my hands in my pocket and shrugged. "What? Can't I walk this direction too." I said. She scoffed but continued walking. We arrived at the bus stop and she sat down while I leaned against one of the pillars. "So what happened back there?" I asked curious as to what made her so shaken up. "It was nothing, sorry about that." She replied not looking at me. 'Why won't she tell me?' I thought and stared at her side profile.

Her long brown hair which used to be tied up was now cascading past her shoulders in a few waves. It looked...nice. Her nose stood straight up, long eye lashes, plump pink lips and charming eyes. Even though she was dressed plainly in a pair of jeans and grey top ,she actually looked....pretty. 'Aish Kris shut up, what are you doing?' I thought and face palmed myself.

Her bus soon came and we both boarded the bus. She sat on the right side of the bus and stared at me. " Why are you following me?" She asked and narrowed her eyes at me. I scoffed, "Why would I want to follow you? I have better things to do you know." I retorted and sat on the left side od the bus. I heard her scoff before turning to look out the window. I hid a smile that was creeping up my lips. 

During the bus ride, I looked at her and saw that she had fallen asleep, her head leaning against the window. I examined her sleeping face, it was clean of make up, unlike other girls who would paint their faces with heavy make up. Hers was natural. Her eyebrows creased for a moment before she scrunched up her nose and relaxed. I chuckled, amused at this girl who was crying one second, and acting all tought a second after. 'Split personality.' I thought. She suddenly jerked awake and I quickly looked away. "Aish." I heard her curse under her breath and stood up as I followed suit and alighted the bus along with her. 

I followed behind her as she walked to her house. She suddenly stopped, causing me to stop as well before turning to me, her arms crossed on her chest. "Look, I'm grateful for your.. comfort earlier. But you don't have to follow me home. What are you, a stalker?" She said. "Pfft, stalker? Please. People stalk me, not the other way round. Don't be so full of yourself Miss Choi." I said and walked past her. "Jerk." I heard her curse behind me as I chuckled softly, texting my chauffer to come fetch me home. 'Choi Jieun, you sure are one interesting girl.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kriseun Moment hehehe! Okay so basically, Jieun is a tough girl, but she has had bad experiences so she gets scared when other people try to touch her, like /molest, usually by drunkards and all. So Kris doesn't usually care or pay attention to girls but apparently, he cares about Jieun. Hehehe Kris is adorable! Anyways, updated since I have a break in between my exam and it starts again in 2 days. Wish me luck! Love ya'll <3

EXOs-Kris-wins-the-MVP-award-at-Lets-Go-kris-exom-2013-wallpapers-1-1-s-307x512.

tumblr_m0v1ebFrVH1qlq8bco1_500.png