Chapter 2

Unattainable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

"Wait, you're what? You're in Seoul? What? Why didn't you tell me you were coming? When did you get here? How long are you staying? I'm you're brother, Jin. I don't understand why you didn't tell me anything." 

"Ok, ok, calm down Kris." Jin said as she she held the phone in between her ear and shoulder. "I can hear you alright? You don't have to keep yelling in my ear like that." She heard him sigh from the other side an chuckles softly as she imagine him pinching the bridge if his nose. 

"I'm sorry, but that doesn't Let you off the hook for answering my questions." She smiled i herself and pulled the fridge open, taking out the carton of eggs she'd bought.

"I was going to answer them." As said as she placed three eggs onto the counter. "That is if you'll give me the chance to."

"Fine, fine. Answer away."

"I didn't want to tell you because i knew you'd be busy. The last thing i want you to worry about is me. You have a lot if things to deal with right now and i dont need you unfocused. There was a representative from Seoul Performing Arts University last month who recommended me to apply for an indefinite internship with the university." Jin cracked the eggs into the bowl and quickly whisked them with a fork as she spoke. "I booked a plane and i got here on Sunday morning and my interview was yesterday. I should be back in America by Saturday night if they don't accept me."

"And why wouldn't they accept you?" Jin paused a bit before pouring in the salt. 

"Let's just say we had some disagreements. I'm pretty sure i wont get it." 

"Ah, ok... You isn't do anything stupid, right?" 

"Nothing too stupid." She assured, pouring the mixed egg into the rated pan.

"Good. So, Jin.... I was thinking. If you don't have anything to do the rest of the week, why don't you come to the company and--"

"Uh, well i actually have something to do." She said quickly. "There are some jobs and places id like to look into and i don't think I'll have time to visit you an the boys." That was a lie an she knew it, but if she said yes, she knew that she'd have no choice but to see.... Him. Of course she'd seen him in some pictures and a few videos that her kpop-crazed friends back in America ha shown her, but she never really bothered to look in deeper to see how they were doing. Hell, she didn't even know what company they were under. 

"Oh, alright. Well, if you have time, drop by alright? Tell security at the front that Kevin sent you, that way they know i personally invited you." Jin smiles and took the handle of the pan. She lifted the pan and scooped the egg onto her plate before turning off the stove. 

"I will if i find time Gege. Don't worry about me, remember?" Kris sighed again from the inter side.

"Fine. I wont, but listen, i have to go now alright? We've almost arrived in Gangnam for the fansigning event." He told her. "If i can, I'll call you again alright? Be back in the hotel by 7 and keep your phone on."

"Yes, big brother, i know. I used to live here too, remember? I know my way around town." She said with a soft giggle. "Now go before your manager starts yelling." She imagined him nodding obediently on the other side before speaking again.

"Alright. Stay safe ok? Expect a call from me later today." 

"Alright ge. I'm hanging up now, ok?"

"Fine. Good bye." The line went dead and Jin pressed the end button on her phone. She let out a deep breath and gripped her plate and walked towards the large white bed. She say comfortably, cushioned with the fluffed pillows and leans back onto the head rest, switching on the television. However, as she watched, her mind had drifted somewhere else. The conversation he had just finished with Kris got her wondering. 

How were the boys?

Are they healthy?

Have they matured or are they still the same?

How was Jongin?

Jin sighed when his name appeared in her mind. She poked at the scrambled eggs in her plate, her hunger suddenly disappearing. The mere thought if him brought back a sense of longing and a tinge of heart ache. She knew it was stupid to feel like this, especially with the amount of time she'd had to rid her feeling if him. But she found that it would be nearly impossible to rid one's self of affection for their first love. How, in what world, was anyone capable in doing something like that? Even people who ended up hating their first loves found a soft spot in their hearts for them.

Jin stare blankly at the tv and found herself thinking about him again. How he smiled, how he laughed, how he looks at her, how he said her name. It brought back a flood of memories she pushed back and had decided to save for later. Where they met appeared. How he ended up drunk in the street the first time she'd truly laid eyes on him. How he had touched the day he'd officially met her. How he tried to flirt with her. Jin smiled fondly at the memory and chuckles softly. She heart thumped softly in her chest in uneven beats causing her to sigh softly.

"Just thinking about this makes me like this." She said in slight disappointment. She clicked her tongue softly and cut a piece of egg, shoveling it into .

----

Jin had dressed herself in plain pair of light-blue jeans with a green sweater paired with it. A cream colored army jacket hung over her shoulders and a tan messenger back ran across chest with pair of white converse decorating her feet. She trolled slowly down familiar sidewalk, holding the strap of her back tightly in slight anticipation as she looked around in reminiscence. Jin smiled slightly as she walked down the fry sidewalk, taking in the familiar surroundings. Nothing had changed much since the last time she'd Ben there. There was a now a bench and a class covering over the bus stop, a new coffee place and a small restaurant had open at the last corner, the convince stir had changed their lay out and the sign they used outside. But other than that, not much was different. This place had reminded her so much if her high school life. Countless times she had walked up this same street, or passed that same park, and sat in that same bench. Up until now, she never really realized how much would miss the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter