Chapter 3

Unattainable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Jin shifted uncomfortably in her seat but maintained a tough gaze of the man in front of her. She had no intention on letting him know that she wasn't as strong and confident as had previously portrayed. He placed his  steaming cup of coffee down and clicked off his phine before looking up at her. He grabbed a paper from the manilla folder in front of him and hummed softly.

"Lee JIN? he asked. "What kind of name is that?" Jin cocked a brow and scoffed softly.

"It's MY name." she said in slight annoyance. "Could you just get to the point? i didn't come here to be insulted by you again." She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed softly. "I'm on a pretty tight schedual so could you please get on with it. The man across from her chuckled softly and places his phone onto the table.

"Easy, easy.  I would have guessed you had more patience from what I could perceive." 

"Precisely." She said. "You guessed. You obviously don't know me enough." He laughed softly in amusement and let out a sigh.

"What a personality we have." He said with curiosity. "Fine, let's get in with it then." He leaned forward onto the table and laced his hands. "In regards to  your internship with the  University, I'm afraid that the two women with me the other day were able to convince the rest of the board and a few of the teachers to rule against your hiring. Their prides really were damaged a bit that day and they let their personal feelings get in the way with just how talented you really are."  Jin sighed softly in disappointment and nodded. 

"I expected it, but--"

"You didn't let me finish." He said cutting her off. " Although the board and the school were unable to see your potential, I on the other hand have. Not only am i a board member for the university, but I am also a music and lyric composer for top entertainment companies. I would like you to be my intern and assistant and your time with me will be indefinite. I see a lot of potential in you and I want to put it to good use. The amount of pay we'll discuss later on based on your performance the first week of the job. Hours will be from when I arrive till when I leave and I expect a cup of coffee, two sugars and a tablespoon of creamer, to be on my desk before I arrive. Any questions?" Jin blinked at the abruptness, making sure she had heard everything correctly.

"Wait, what. I--"

"Do I need to repeat myself?" He asked with a cocked brow. She shook her head in response and shook her hands.

"No, no! No need for that. I heard you loud and clear Mr.--"

"Choi Jinhyuk." He said pulling out his wallet. He took a white card from his wallet and placed it onto the table face down. He quickly scribbled something down on the back and pushed it over to her.

"The address and my number are both on there. You start tomorrow, 9 o'clock sharp." With that he stood from the table and grabbed his things, placing them into his bag. "You get a one week trial. It's either i like you enough to keep you around or you're cut. There are no in betweens, no maybes, no 'I'll have to think about it.' I have a good feeling about you, Ms. Lee; a very good feeling, but feelings change very easily. Please do not screw things up for yourself." He clicked his back close and pat the arms of his button up shirt. "I'm looking forward to working with you Ms. Lee. I'll see you in the office tomorrow morning." He flashed he a dazzling smile and turned, walking out of the shop. Jin say there in utter confusion and alight amazement. As strange as this man was, she was surprised, surprised that this man would even consider her to be his personal intern. A smile slowly light up her face as she comprehended what had just happened causing her to squirm in delight as she sat.

----

"I'm late! I cant believe I'm late!" She darted around the room frantically as she buttoned up her blouse. "Of course this happens to me. I accidentally set my alarm one one hour late." She walked into the bathroom and took the brush from her bag, coming her hair down. She  grabbed her bottle of perfume and sprayed it twice onto her neck. She gasped looking at her watch and and hurried out, grabbing her long gray cardigan and slipping it over he shoulders. She rolled the sleeves of her shirt over her cardigan and the the strap of her bag around her body. Jin grabbed her phone from her nightstand and shoved them into her bag before slipping into her shoes and running out the door.

Jin scrambled out of the bus and looked at her watch as she ran down the street. She had exactly 20 minutes to find the building and place his coffee on his desk before he arrived. She pulled the card out of her pocket and scanned the building numbers, letting out a victorious, "yes" when she found it. She stopped outside of door and caught her breath and ravines her composure before ringing the doorbell. A soft buzz was heated followed by a voice from the speaker. 

"What business do you have here?" 

"Uh, I'm CHoi Jinhyuk's assistant? Um, Lee Jin?" Jin paused, waiting for the man on the other side to say something. 

"Come in." There was a buzz followed by the door clicking open. She pushed the door open and stepped in, closing it behind her. She walked in curiously and looked around, scanning the new area around her. A security guard appeared from around the corner and held out his hand. 

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Lee. Mr. Choi has asked me to show you to his office and has told me to tell you about his coff--"

"Ah, i know. Two sugars and one tablespoon of creamer." The security guard laughed in amusement and nodded. 

"Come along. His office is towards the back of the building." He smiled and walked towards the elevator, motioning for her to follow. 

Jin widened her eyes in awe at his large office, how open and roomy it was compared to a few of the other offices she'd seen on the way here. The security guard who had brought her here had left a few moments after showing her in, wishing her luck. She placed her bag onto the black, leather seat and looked around the room. A small black coffee maker sat on the table in the back with a fridge next to in. Opening it, she found bottled water and a bag of unopened coffee grounds sitting in there as if it were waiting there for her. She pulled them both out and placed them onto the counter before opening the cabinets for the cups.

"Your actually here on time." Jin turned towards the door and bowed before turning back towards the coffee. 

"Of course." She said mixing in the creamer and sugar into the coffee.
"I want this more than you can imagine." She turned and walked the coffee over to his desk, placing it onto the coaster. 

"Thank you." He say down in his large chair with a sigh and took the handle of the cup in his hand. He took in a deep whiff and slowly began to sip on the drink, watching Jin as she walked back towards the seat, sitting down in front of him.

"You're lucky i decided to hire you around this time." He said placing the cup back. "It's a very busy time for the both pf us now. Especially for me. One of the artists here are going to release an album this year and we need to start recording for their new album. Me and the group have already discussed their concept a few meetings ago and i already have a couple of songs ready for them. Were going to meet them today and were going to talk to them about the songs. Understand?" Jin nodded. She wanted this job, yes, but she didn't think that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter