Chapter 10

Unattainable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He said what to her?!”

 

Kris roared thunderously from his room. Jin stayed true to her promise. After that disastrous meeting, Jin Hyuk had willingly pulled her out of the recording sessions ranting on and on saying that he didn’t need that kind of bull whenever Kai was angry.  When Kris found out, he found the overwhelming urge to hit something, more specifically Kai, and if the others hadn’t stopped him Kai would have probably earned himself a bruised eye or worse.
 

“Kris! Kris, calm down! Kai just--”

 

“What?!” He yelled, “He just felt like that day?! Well guess what Joonmyeon, life’s full of .” With an irritated scowl, he pulled the door of his room open so hard that Suho thought he had cracked it. At the sound on the loud bang, the members who were unaware of what Suho had told him stopped what they were doing and peered into the hallway. Those who knew remained in the living room and attempted to be unconcerned with the ruckus. Kai poked his head out of the door to his room and Kris walked angrily toward him, gripping Kai’s collar tightly. Kai stubbornly refused to accept his wrong doing and he knew what Kris was mad about but remained impassive to Kris’ hostility. Due to his stubborn pride, he remained adamant about his stance and claimed that he felt no need to apologize for what he said.

 

"What balls you have to treat my sister like that." He said through tightly gritted teeth. "Now tell me in detail what you said to her."

 

“I'm sure Suho hyung told you exactly what I said. What I said was true and she has no business interfering with our album.” he said pushing Kris off of him, “Remember? The album that’s supposed to be released in a later this year?” Kris was seething in anger and annoyance at Kai’s behavior but what was most prominent was his feelings of disappointment toward him. Kris understood him and he understood his ill feelings toward Jin but was it really necessary? Did he really have to say all of that to her and ruin her confidence?

 

“We’re professionals, Hyung. We may only be 2 years into the game but we’ve already made ourselves a name. We've already gotten our feet set firmly into this business and she has no right, no right at all as a rookie producer, to barge her way into our careers and pull the ‘I can do whatever I want’ card on us. You know that she is unfit and under qualified to be working on our al--”

 

“And that means you have to make her feel like ?” Kris raged. The other 4 who had been in the same room that day sat quietly to themselves and shrugged the situations off. They had all been pretty surprised with Kai’s untimely outburst and prefered to stay out of the drama. Kai had dug himself into that hole he was in and this time, they weren’t interested in helping him out. Because of his emotions, they were exposed to a new side of Kai; a side they weren’t fond of, a side they would come to despise if they thought about any longer.

 

“If she can’t take some criticism then she has no business in the field she wants to make a career in.” Kai rebutted, challenging Kris. “As a matter of fact, she has no business at all interfering with our careers. What I told her is what anyone would have! She isn’t good at what she does, she isn’t at all experienced enough! You think that just because we had history with her and were once friends with her that she should have the right to handle our music? Our reputations are on the line and I don’t think that you understand that hyung! You’re willing to throw our hard work out the window because of her?” Kris scoffed loudly and cut him off. Kris couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He couldn’t believe who he was hearing this from. Of all people, it was Kai.

 

“Don’t give me that crap, Kai.” he said coldly, “You-- no, WE all know why you’re acting like an . Don't even try to play it off as an issue that has to do with her qualifications. The only reason why you're acting like this is because you're letting your own feelings for her dictate your actions! You let your stupid feelings boil and fester and then you take it out on her as if it's her fault. I went along with your stupid idea of keeping her in the dark back then because you were my friend and I had no business butting into your relationship. Now that you have to deal with the consequences that came from your brilliant idea, you push off all of your anger to her. She has done nothing wrong to you and she deserves none of your ! You'd better lay the hell off her and stay away from her or next time, we won't just have a simple 'talk', got that?" With venomous and resentful eyes, Kris turned away and walked back towards his room, slamming the door harder than he had earlier.

 

----

 

“So how’s your song going?” Jinhyuk asked as he glanced toward her from his computer. “I almost forgot that I made that your assignment.” Jin inwardly groaned. Honestly, it wasn’t even in existence yet and she still hadn’t yet figured out what she wanted to write about yet. It had been about 3 weeks since she had gotten the assignment, 2 and a half days since the uncomfortable confrontation in the recording studio.

 

“It’s… well, it’s... ” Jin gave up trying to come up with a reasonable lie and sighed in defeat, “Honestly, I haven’t even started it yet.” Jinhyuk snorted lightly in amusement and reverted his attention back toward his screen.

 

“I’m not surprised.” He said as he continued to type, “Writing good, sensible music takes time. Which is why I gave you half a year to work on it.” Jin had to take a couple seconds to process what he had told her. She had expected a stream of sarcastic comments from him criticizing her on her slow progress.

 

“If you need help, I wouldn’t be totally against giving you some advice here and there but don’t expect me to write the entire thing for you.”

“Oh no, of course not!” Jin said shaking her head, “But, advice would be really nice. Thank you.” Jinhyuk nodded and turned toward her again.

 

“I forgot to remind you. After that extremely uncomfortable incident a few days ago with EXO, I’ve decided that it is in my best interest to never, ever have to bear witness to that sort of situation again. I’ve decided to reassign you to a different client that is also an artist here.” Wrapping up his work, Jinhyuk turned his monitor off and began to put his papers into his binder. “We’re going to go and meet him right now as a matter of fact.” In a hurry, Jin quickly saved her work on her laptop and collect the papers she had laid out in front of her.

 

“Who are we going to meet?” Jin said as she hurried after Jinhyuk, securing the strap of her bag over her shoulder.

 

“You sure are impatient are you?” Jinhyuk as he texted on his phone, “You’ll be able to meet him once we get to the meeting room. You’re going to meet him and his manager right now so calm yourself down.” And elevator ride and two hallways later, Jin and Jihyuk arrived at a relatively familiar part. Even though she had been working here for a few months now, Jin never really got past the first and second floors of the building. Curiously she followed behind Junhyuk and peered around corners. She saw some faces she recognized from the posters around the building. She had passed by 2 Super Junior members, 1 Girls Generation member, she saw 2 of SM’s famous producers from across the hall and, if she remembered correctly, Jonghyun from Shinee. Another minute later, they stood outside of what looked like a conference room. Following Jinhyuk in, she greeted the two managers that sat off to the left of the table and instantly widened her eyes at her familiar new client standing between them.

 

“Ah, Taemin,” Jinhyuk said as he reached out to shake his hand, “It’s nice to see you. I don’t thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter