Chapter 11

Unattainable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It seems as if Taemin from Shinee has a new mystery girl! Media outlet, Dispatch, released their exclusive report pertaining to a new and alleged relationship between the famous SM artist and a woman who seems to be a non-celebrity. According to their report, Taemin was spotted out in the Nonhyeon-Dong, Gangnam-Gu area on an apparent date with this mysterious woman.

 

Dispatch says that the two were spotted together around 4:10 in the afternoon caught in the afternoon showers predicted earlier that day. It is said by the reporters that Taemin had been driving in the Nonhyeon-Dong area before suddenly stopping on the side of the road and running out toward her with an umbrella! After a short moment of intimacy, Taemin was seen escorting his mysterious lady to his car and were last seen driving in the direction of his dorm.

 

Not much is known of the woman or of their alleged relationship, but insiders share that the two had only met about 2 months prior to this date and had become fast friends. After both parties relayed their interest in each other, they decided to date and are in the beginning stages of their relationship! For the past weeks of their relationship, Dispatch believes that the couple has been dating with utmost secrecy and will be celebrating their first month in the next week.

 

Dispatch has also spotted the two on several other occasions outside of the company and as well as the dance studios near the SM building!

 

Stay tuned for statements from SM Entertainment!”

 

Taemin could not believe what he was seeing. He stared down at his manager's cellphone in utter disbelief and shock at the ridiculous story that had been posted onto multiple media outlets both foreign and domestic.  This had literally only happened 2 days ago and he had no memory of someone following him. He scrolled down to the photos provided at the end of the article and there were several of him running toward Jin with the umbrella, of him and Jin under the umbrella together, and of him and Jin running together toward his car. The only thing in these pictures that he was grateful for where the fact that Jin’s face was hidden in all of them either by the umbrella or by him.

 

“Care to explain what this is about?” His manager asked with a raised brow, “I have to give an answer to these media outlets or you and Shinee will be engulfed in this dating scandal.”

 

“It was nothing! Really!” Taemin said frantically, “I swear! It was on that day you I was able to leave early. I was going to go home and meet up with some friends to hang out but at a light I saw her crossing. I didn’t think much of it but then it started raining and I couldn’t get her out of my mind.”

 

“Who is she?” his manager asked again is a firmer tone, “Are you dating her or not?”

 

“NO!” Taemin said back, his voice raised a few octaves, “No, I’m not. We’re just friends. I met her a couple months ago at the company, like the article said, but that’s all we are.”

 

“Wait, wait, wait. At the company?” Taemin sighed and knew that he had messed up. Mentioning that she was an intern for the company could possibly jeopardize her job and bring unwanted attention to her from the media.

 

“Uh.. No, I met her at um… a dance show where a group, The Company, was performing.” His manager cocked his brow in question, not buying anything he was saying. “I swear! You can look them up! They’re real!” His manager continued to look at him skeptically before sighing.

 

“Whatever you say. I’ll make the calls and I’ll make sure that the article is written correctly this time. Just make sure that you’re more careful this time.”

 

After his manager had left, Taemin rushed out of the conference room in search of Jin. She had to know what was going on and he had to tell her to be careful because if anyone recognized her from those pictures or suspected that it was her, she’d be bombarded with reporters and the press. For 30 minutes he searched the company from the basement level up to the very top floor after stopping by her regular places. He checked all of the recording studios, all of the dance studios, asked other staff that may have seen her. Heck, he even checked the trainee dance studio down the street. Defeated and anxious, he walked back into the company’s main building and made his way back toward the recording studios. He needed to think this over, he needed to--

 

“Taemin?” Whirling around, his eyes lit up in relief seeing the person he had been looking for all day.

 

“Jin! Jezz, where have you been?!”

 

“I was--”

 

“I’ve been looking for you all day long! Do you not understand how important it was for me to talk to you?”

 

“I’m sorry but--”

 

“Did you hear about the--”

 

“I heard about it.” Jin said hurriedly as she glanced around. “I saw it this morning when I woke up but I don’t think that it’s smart to talk about it loudly where we can be overheard.” Jin gave him a look or warning before pushing him along toward a closed room.

 

“You might as well broadcast the entire story to the whole world.” Jin hissed at him once she had closed the door. “Once they find out your entire fan base will hunt me down.”

 

“I know, I know.” Taemin said with a slight sigh, “I've never had a dating scandal before and I'm not sure how to react especially since you're a non-celebrity.”

 

“Well I appreciate your concern, Taemin, but I'd also appreciate it if you were a bit more careful when you talk about this with me.”

 

“I know, I'm sorry.” he said with a sigh, “I've already talked to my manager about the whole story.”

 

“You told him who I was?”

 

“No because he would have definitely made a bigger deal out of this. I told him that you were a friend I met a few months ago at a dance showcase I went to. He bought into it because he knows I went so I think you should be fine.” Jin sighed in relief and leaned back onto the wall behind her. The waves of anxiety that had constantly hit her since morning finally began to recede but her pounding headache was still thumping against her skull.

 

“I'm sorry something like this happened.” Jin let out another breath and glanced up at him, “this wouldn't have happened if you hadn't helped me that day.” Taemin chortled slightly and leaned onto the wall next to her. He let out a long, tired sigh before looking at the wall across from them.

 

“Don't blame yourself. You didn't call me or anything. I saw you walking before the rain started and when it began pouring, I just… couldn't let you walk in the rain like that.” Jin smiled a bit and punched his arm playfully.

 

“Aye, I'm not some weak little girl who can't take care of herself. I would have been fine even if you didn't show up.”

 

“Well if you want to be ungrateful then fine.” Taemin gave a slight huff and turned away causing Jin to laugh softly at his childish behavior.

 

“I was just stating the truth!” she defended, “But now that you mention it,  I never did thank you for what you did.” Taemin looked back over to her and gave her an expectant look.

 

“Go on, I'm waiting.” A devilish grin formed at his lips and Jin gave him a playful look of disgust.

 

“I change my mind.” she said. Jin pushed herself off the wall and pat off her lower back as she head toward the door. “We’ll have a meeting about your album in a day or two so I'll see you then, alright?”

 

“Hey! Where's my--”

 

“What? I can't hear you! YOU'RE-- BREAKING-- UP!” As Jin walked out, she covered her ears and attempted to mimic the sound of static making Taemin laugh as she left.

 

Once Jin was a safe distance from Taemin, she leaned against the wall and an empty hallway and let out a fatigued sigh. Her head throbbed painfully and cold sweat began to form along her hairline. She had tried a little too hard to hide her sickness from Taemin earlier. Her ears felt extremely sensitive to sound. Earlier as she made noise while she was leaving, the sounds were roaring, thundering in her ears, making her headache worse that it already was. She sighed and made her way toward the nearest bathroom. She needed to cool herself down and tell Jinhyuk that she had to go home,. If she stayed any longer, her fever might come back worse than before.

 

In the bathroom, she made sure that no one was there before leaning over the marble sink. She let out a shaky breath and splashed the cool water onto her face. There was only a split second of relief before the headache returned. She ran her wet hands over her neck and combed back her hair with her hands. Her cool hands only created a moment's worth of relief but it wasn’t enough. Reaching for her bag, she searched through its contents and pulled out her emergency pin killers. These would at least minimize the pain unt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter