Chapter 1

Unattainable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Chirping. He remembered that. the warm air that hugged his body. he remembered that also. The soft whoosh of the trees as they danced along in the sky above him; the wind whistled softly in his ears as they blew past. He remembered the flashes of light that would shine over his closed eyes, the way the light breeze blew past his hair, the way he felt that day.

Then he recalled her talking to him, but he couldn't quite hear it. He knew she was speaking to him, but be couldn't hear her. It was all so familiar, but he knew it was just a distant memory.

"No," he said as his eyes remained closed, "I'm not. I'm just enjoying the time we have left with each other." He heard her chuckles softly as she his hair, her slender fingers running through his hair. He let out a content sigh and opened his eyes. Her face loomed above him as her long, dark hair cascaded around him, framing her delicate face. His eyes traveled up her her slender neck and up her face, stopping just below the nose. He saw her smile lightly down at him and curled her hair behind her ear in a bashfully. A faint blush decorated her cheeks as she diverted her attention and cleared . Jongin chuckled softly and pushed himself up to a sitting position. Leaning back on the tree behind him, he reached for her hand on her lap and pulled it over to his, squeezing it gently. His fingers ran over slender ones and laced them carefully with his, savoring how soft and smooth they were. Chuckling softly, she laid her head against his broad shoulder and sighed softly.

"Someone upset?" he asked. He felt her shake her head against his shoulder as she spoke, but he couldn't hear her. He remembered that she had said something, but he couldn't recall what she had said to him.

"I told you not to think of that." He could hear himself clearly, but whenever she spoke, her words came out muffled, low, and distorted. He could feel her hand tighten around his as she nodded again. Looking down at her, he could see her lips moving as she spoke again. He couldn't understand why he couldn't her. She was speaking, but why couldn't he hear what she was telling him?

He felt himself wight before holding her hand with both of his. "Well worry about it when the time comes." he heard himself say. He turned towards her and reached out, lifting her face with hid fingers. He knew he was looking at her face. He knew and felt that that was what he was doing, but the only thing he could see was her pale pink lips. He couldn't see what her eyes looked like, what her nose looked like, how her hair laid across her forehead, how she looked at him ever so tenderly. He her the rise of her cheekbones gently with the pads of his thumbs and have her a loving look.

"We have time Jin. Not much time, but we have enough." He could tell that she was discontented with his response and pulled back a bit. She spoke again. He didn't hear her, but this time, he knew what she had told him. She had told him something that broke his heart. It broke his heart but sadly was the truth.

"Soon enough you will forget my voice, and I'll forget yours. You'll forget my name and I'll forget yours. I will forget the color of your eyes and you'll forget the feeling of my touch. We will both begin to forget Jongin."

Jongin jolted awake at the sound of his alarm ringing in his right ear. Opened his eyes and turned towards the source of the noise as it continued to blare into his ear. He groaned softly seeing the time and reached out, shutting the alarm off. Jongin rubbed his eyes and slowly pushed himself up with a sigh, hunching over tiredly.

"Wretched dream." He cursed softly. He held his face in his hands and sighed again, rubbing his face. He didn't understand it. He didn't know why he couldn't remember her, why he couldn't hear her voice, why he couldn't remember her eyes, or anything but her hair. That was the only thing he ever remembered clearly about her anymore. He then again, he no longer thought about her as frequently as he did when she had first left. She was always on his mind, night and day, every hour, every minute, and as annoying as it got, every second. But as time passed, he found himself consumed with other things. Dance rehearsal, fanmeets, performances, promotions. Some days got so hectic that the only he thing he thought of was the moment he would be able to lay in bed and sleep. Jonging sighed softly and looked up seeing the door to his room open.

"Yah! You're still not up yet?" Chen walked in as he brushed his teeth with his red tooth brush, a pale yellow towel hanging over his right shoulder. He pulled his toothbrush out of his mouth and pointed at him. "You need to get up Jongin. We have our first appointment in 2 hours. We have to be out of here in 30 minutes to make it on time." Jongin yawned loudly outstretching his arms before nodding.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll get up right now hyung." He threw the blanket off his legs and swung them over the side. He stood up and with a sighed and walked past him and out of the bedroom. "I'll be ready soon. Don't worry hyung."

----

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Please let me though!" Jin weaved in and out of the crowds in the streets as she zipped her bag close. She hurried down the street as she huffed heavily towards the university. Jin clambered up the stone steps ungracefully and ran through the entrance, darting down the halls as she dodged the college students that walked blindly with their friends. "Gotta hurry, gotta hurry!"  She chanted to herself as she ran and turned the corner towards the auditorium. Jin stood in front of the entrance to the auditorium and let out a large breath, looking around somewhat embarrassed. What else would someone feel with a red face, a formal dress paired with tennis shoes running in the halls.. She pat her black,  knee length dress down and cleared . Her hands ran through her jaw length, dark hair and combed down the hair that most likely stuck up as she ran through the halls. She kicked off the tennis shoes on her feet and pulled off their socks and taking out a pair colored heels, slipping her feet in. She shoved her sneakers into her bag and breathed out a confident breath before taking her case and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter