Concert

Save Me

HYOWON'S POV

     I squealed in excitement as a bored looking guard took the tickets from Zelo and handed us the stubs. We passed groups of squealing fangirls on the way, all of them holding signs. They split in two according to their signs, some joining Daehyun and me for EXO and the rest going to the Teen Top concert. 
    "This is so cool!" I whispered to Zelo. He smiled at me, ushering me towards a vendor selling food. 
    "Let's get a snack before everything starts." Zelo said, stepping up. I nodded, backing up to let him pass me. 
    I felt someone bump into me from behind, and something unpleasantly cold sloshed over my shoulder. I turned around, wondering what had happened, and saw a very surprised Daehyun in front of me. He was holding a red slushy, most of which was all over me. 
    "I am so sorry, miss, I didn't—Hyowon?" Daehyun said, widening  his eyes in surprise and giving me an apologetic look. 
    "Hey, Daehyun." I said, looking down at the red stain spreading on my shirt. Daehyun groaned, setting down the slushy and hurrying to grab some napkins. 
    "I'm so sorry, I should've been watching where I was going. I'll buy you another shirt, I promise! Just let me get this right here..." Daehyun trailed off, frantically scrubbing at my shoulder with the brown paper napkins. He was staring at the stain like he could make it disappear with enough will, and I caught his hands gently. 
    "Daehyun," I started, stopping when he kept trying to clean with the now sopping wet napkins. 
    "I'll make it up to you, I promise—" Daehyun said. I grasped his hands, feeling the sticky slushy run over my own, and put them down at his sides. 
    "Daehyun, it's okay. It's just a shirt." I said, smiling up at him. Daehyun gave me another guilty look, and I took this opportunity to look down at him. 
    "What are you wearing? And you dyed your hair again?" I asked. I looked down at his outfit, taking in the black sleeveless shirt, tight pants and mismatching shoes. Daehyun's eyes were rimmed with black, and his hair was a rich gold. 
    "Tao did...this." Daehyun said, gesturing at himself with a grimace. I looked around, seeing another tall blonde head coming towards us. 
    "I kind of like it." I said with a smile. Daehyun gave me a disbelieving smile, and Tao wrapped an arm around my shoulders. 
    "Hey, Hyowon! Why are you all...wet?" Tao said, his happy tone immediately fading when he squeezed my shoulder. He gave me a disgusted look, wiping his hands off on the bandana tied around his waist, and looked over at Daehyun. 
    "Where's my slushy, pabo?" Tao asked jokingly. Daehyun pointed to me shamefully, and Tao took a closer look at me.    
    "Oh." Tao said, looking mildly horrified. "Your beautiful clothes!" Tao shrieked angrily, smacking Daehyun's head.  
    "He said he was sorry!" I defended Daehyun quickly, knowing how much clothes meant to Tao. He looked heartbroken, looking down at my shirt sadly. 
    "I said I was sorry." Daehyun muttered sulkily. Tao nudged his shoulder, signaling he was forgiven, and Zelo appeared. He was juggling food and drinks, and I took mine from him. 
    "Hey, Daehyun, Tao!" Zelo said, in his usual happy way. Tao gave him a rather intimidating look, and Daehyun offered a small smile. 
    "Hey, Zelo." Daehyun said. Zelo nodded to him, giving Tao a confused look. Tao did everything but growl at Daehyun, and I shook my head at my possessive friends. 
    "Ready to go? The concert's gonna start soon." Zelo smiled. I nodded, waving goodbye to Tao and Daehyun.   
    "Wait, Hyowon!" Daehyun called, grabbing my arm. "Tao and I have an extra backstage to pass to meet Teen Top after the show. Do you want to meet up and come with us?" Daehyun asked.
    "Are you serious?!" I shrieked, smiling. Daehyun nodded, and I shook my head vigorously. 
    "Great! See you then!" Daehyun said, being dragged away by Tao. I smiled, not noticing Zelo's slightly sullen look. 
    "Come on, let's go!" I cried, dragging Zelo into the main part of the stadium. We found our spots quickly, and I'm pretty Zelo was deafened by all the screaming girls. 
    The concert was absolute perfection, all of us chanting and singing along. I'm sure Zelo got somewhat bored, but I was too happy to care. At the end of the concert, I was sad it was over, but still incredibly happy I got to meet Teen Top after. 
    "Zelo, that was the best birthday present ever! Thank you so much!" I cried, throwing my arms around his neck as soon as we got outside. Zelo chuckled, hugging me back, and smiled at me. 
    "'Oh, she wants me...oh she's got me...'" I twirled around happily, singing Overdose, and Zelo laughed at me. 
    "Stop acting like a pabo!" Zelo teased. I stuck my tongue out, singing the chorus as loud as I could. Clapping sounded behind me, and I turned, embarrassed. 
    "Beautiful! Ready to go, angel?" Daehyun smirked from behind me. I shot him a scathing look, wrapping my arms around Zelo. 
    "Thank you so much! I'll call you tomorrow, yeah?" I said. Zelo stepped forward, but Daehyun already put his arm around my shoulders. 
    "Do you want me to wait?" Zelo called. I turned back, shaking my head, and smiled. 
    "It's okay, you can go! Bye, talk later!" I called, walking away with Daehyun. He let go of my shoulders after a minute or two, sensing I wasn't comfortable. 
    "How was the concert?" Daehyun asked with a smile. I excitedly told him about everything, using my hands to describe things. We walked through the hallways in the stadium, going the opposite way from before. 
    "But enough about me, how was yours?" I asked. Daehyun rolled his eyes, holding out two passes to a security guard. We were waved through a few doors, and I waited excitedly. 
    "Teen Top is more Tao's thing." Daehyun said, sitting down next to me in a waiting room. The plastic chair creaked, and I giggled nervously.  
    "Where is Tao, by the way?" I asked, looking around for the blonde male. Daehyun rolled his eyes, shrugging. 
    "He's already with them. When he was a makeup artist, he met a lot of idols, so he's the reason we're back here." Daehyun said. A door opened in front of us, and a guard ushered us through. 
    "Daehyun, Hyowon!" Tao called excitedly, jumping up from a leather couch in front of us. Six other boys were sprawled around on couches, chairs or the floor, still in their costumes from the concert. 
    "Hey, Tao." I said, looking at the members of Teen Top as they stood up and bowed. I bowed as well, remembering my slushy shoulder, and hoped no one noticed. 
    "Hyowon, I want you to meet my friends! Well, you already know their names, but this is C.A.P., Changjo, Ricky, Niel, L. Joe, and Niel." Tao said, pointing to the members one by one. 
    "I know." I said quietly, unable to say anything else. The boys smiled in front of me, Niel winking, and I blushed. 
    "Here, sit down! Get comfortable." Tao said. The boys all sat back down on the couch, sighing when they collapsed. Chunji sandwiched me between him and L. Joe, and I blushed. 
    "Nice to see you!" Chunji smiled. I blushed, muttering a thank you, and Daehyun sat awkwardly next to C.A.P. 
    "So...you like sports?" I heard C.A.P. mutter. I smiled, listening distantly to C.A.P. and Daehyun talking, and relaxed. I talked freely with Chunji and L. Joe, smiling when they made me laugh. Sometimes, Changjo or Ricky would say something, and Niel and Tao talked nonstop. 
    I felt an unexpected yawn come on, and looked down at my watch. It was 12:37, and I was exhausted. Not long after, Tao stood up, declaring he was tired. 
    "Time to go then, nice to meet all of you!" I said, bowing. The boys smiled, hugging me one by one, and I fangirled on the inside. I mean, who wouldn't? 
    "Did you have fun?" Daehyun asked when we walked outside. I nodded, talking excitedly, and Daehyun talked with me. 
    "Tao, I'll just walk her home." Daehyun called back. Tao nodded, muttering something about his boyfriend's terrible driving and how much he hated public transit. 
    "Bye, Tao! Thanks, see you later!" I called. Tao waved, hobbling off, and Daehyun laughed with me. 
    "They act like an old married couple..." I smiled. Daehyun gave me a harassed look, shaking his head. 
    "Yeah, you don't have to live with them! Freaking nightmare, I'm telling you." Daehyun said. I smacked his arm, shaking my head. 
    "It's not that bad!" I protested. Daehyun gave me a look, rolling his eyes and chuckling. 
    "You should hear them every morning! 'Tao, where did you put my shirt?' 'It's in the laundry pile where it's always been!' 'Tao, where's breakfast?' 'On the table!' 'Where?!' 'On the TABLE!' 'Oh...thank you!' 'Just shut up and eat it!'" Daehyun demonstrated, pitching his voice insanely shrill while imitating Tao and impossibly low for Kris. 
    "Hey, they don't sound like that!" I said, giggling. Daehyun laughed too, long and low. I smiled, wishing I heard that sound more. 
    "Well...this is me." I said regretfully, wishing my house was a few hours down the block. Daehyun nodded, looking down at his feet. 
    "That was so much fun, thank you!" I said, giving him a hug. Daehyun smiled, looking down at me. 
    "I'm glad you liked it. Sorry about your shirt." Daehyun said. I shook my head, smiling. 
    "You introduced me to Teen Top, I would let you dunk me in a vat of slushy for this!" I said. Daehyun laughed, looking down at me. His eyes glittered, and I smiled. 
    "Good night!" I said. 
    "Good night, sweet dreams." Daehyun said. He ducked forward suddenly, placing a shy kiss on my cheek before turning and racing away. 
    I froze in front of my house, hand on my cheek, wondering what just happened. Daehyun had kissed me, after I told him I just wanted to friends...but I don't think I minded it. In fact, I kind of liked it. I wanted him to do it again. 

DAEHYUN'S POV

    What was I thinking?! I tore my hands through my perfectly styled hair, rubbing my eyes to get rid of the liner. I wasn't this person, some perfectly styled bad boy who took girls to concerts and fell in love! I was Daehyun, the quiet one nobody liked or cared about. And I didn't care about anyone else; I liked it this way. I had been living perfectly fine without this stupid thing called love, and I didn't need it. 
    Daehyun, you haven't been living, you've been surviving. Look what love has given gho, great friends and a beautiful girl you would do anything for! How can love be bad, you can't live without love!
    Love got me a broken heart! Before I loved again, nothing could touch me, I was fine! Now, I'm broken in pieces. I can only think about her, something's wrong with me. I think I'm sick.
    Yeah, lovesick. You love her, you should tell her, show her! Write her another song, that worked last time! Take her to the ocean, make her a dinner of her favorite foods. She'll love that, and she'll love you!
    If love makes you sick, how is it good? You shouldn't tell her anything, forget this stupid girl! She'll only get you hurt, don't get close to her. Love is a sickness, an addiction! Don't let her poison you. 
    STOP IT! I threw my hands over my ears, willing the two voices in my head to stop fighting. I couldn't decide, was love good or bad? Should I tell her again? Why did I kiss her, I'm an idiot! I probably just scared her off, ruined it for myself.
    Ugh! I slouched into the apartment, going to the bathroom and scrubbing my face. I braced my hands on the sink, looking up at my reflection. I bit my lip, seeing my eyes tighten, and made a decision. 
    As much as Tao doubted it, I had been listening tonight at the concert. The boys from Teen Top were right, I was tired of hurting. I was tired of feeling loneliness strangle me, of crying myself to sleep. I want to love now, and I want to love Hyowon most of all. 
I know, I know, I'm a horrible authornim. I told you I would update, but a bunch of really stressful things have happened and I haven't been able to sleep, and my stories were crap and I'm sorry. I try to update as much as I can, but sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything but worrying, and I'm sorry. 
Forgive me? *Jonghyun's puppy eyes*
Please comment, subscribe and upvote!
Saranghaeyo! 
—Sujin