Tiny Update

Save Me

    "How's your hand?" Zelo asked, coming up behind me. I shrugged, showing him the gauze bandage wrapped around my hand. He winced sympathetically, touching my hand gently. He wrapped his hand around mine, kissing the back of my hand gently like I used to do for him. 
    "I told your parents, and they said Yong Guk would come help in the coffee shop today if you want it." Zelo offered. I shook my head, wanting to help. Zelo called and told Yong Guk not to come, and we walked inside the shop. 
    "Hey, have you heard AB City by AlphaBAT?" Zelo asked, taking his place behind the counter. I shook my head, and he plugged his phone into the sound system. For a few minutes we relaxed, taking orders and listening to the music. 
    For an hour, we just played Zelo's music on shuffle and took it easy. My hand hurt a little, but Zelo took my mind off it by talking about the concert in a week he was taking me to. The little bell rang over the door, and Daehyun walked in. 
    He walked up to the counter, hood up and head down, and looked up with a surprised expression when he saw me. He quickly closed his mouth, smoothing his face. 
    "I thought you wouldn't be here. How's your hand?" Daehyun asked quietly. I took his order, handing it to him carefully. His hands brushed mine, and he was careful to avoid my hurt palm. 
    "Feel better." Daehyun said, his shadowed eyes flickering slightly as he went to his usual corner seat and opened his laptop. I forgot about him, pointedly not looking at him, until several hours had passed. 
    "Hyowon, is he okay?" Zelo asked. I looked over at Daehyun and hid a smile. He was slumped in his chair, mouth open, snoring loudly. I giggled, remembering Daehyun asleep on my lap at Kris' house. 
    "I'll let him sleep until I close up." I said. Zelo nodded, packing up his things and taking off. I looked outside, smiling at the daylight lasting longer. Soon the weather would be hot, but for now it was pleasantly warm with a soft breeze. 
    I started wiping down tables, letting Daehyun sleep. He was the only person left in the shop, and I enjoyed listening to the music coming from my phone. To top off the perfect moment, a light spring rain started to patter down, making me relax. 
    I checked my watch, hating to wake Daehyun up, but not wanting to worry my brother. I went over, shaking Daehyun's shoulder gently. When I got closer, I saw he was not peacefully sleeping, but having another nightmare. He woke with a start, looking up at me with wide eyes. 
    "Daehyun, you were having a bad dream." I said, bracing myself for another attack. Instead Daehyun reached up, wrapping his arms around my neck, and pulled me into a hug. I let him hold me, wrapping my arms around his back, and I felt his wet tears soaking my shoulder. 
    "It's okay. You're okay." I said, rocking him back and forth. After a few seconds, Daehyun pulled back, covering his tears with a long swallow of coffee. 
    "I'm sorry." Daehyun said, his voice husky. He stood, wiping down the table and throwing away the coffee. 
    "What's wrong?" I asked, still ready for the cold Daehyun to come back. He shrugged his shoulders, looking out at the warm spring rain. 
    "It was raining the night they died." Daehyun said quietly. I frowned, realizing the same thing that brought me such peaceful happiness brought Daehyun bitter memories. 
    "Do you want to do something with me?" I asked suddenly, wanting to cheer him up. Daehyun looked at me confusedly, shrugging his shoulders. He was back to looking depressed, but it was better than him being angry at me. 
    "Sure. What do you want to do?" Daehyun asked dully, a trace of hope barely showing in his eyes. I thought carefully, then suggested getting ice cream. 
    "Okay." Daehyun shrugged, not expecting much. I grabbed his hand, pulling him outside, and locked the shop. 
    "Come on, we're going to have fun!" 

I know, it's tiny, but I'm tired tonight and I could leave you hanging. Enjoy, please comment! I feel so lonely... ;D
—Taoris95