BTS

Save Me

    "Table for two?" The hostess asked, grabbing two menus. Daehyun nodded, gesturing for me to go first. We sat down at a little table next to window with a clear view of the ocean, and Daehyun pulled out my chair for me.    
    "Kamsamnida." I said, smiling at him when he sat down across from me. The hostess left our menus, waking away. The candles on the table made light reflect off my bracelet, and Daehyun noticed it with a smile. 
    "What do you want to eat?" Daehyun asked, opening his menu. I shrugged, not sure yet. 
    "You've been here before, order something you think I'll like."  I said, setting down my menu and looking out the window. 
    The view was beautiful, looking out on a small beach where the waves lapped. The setting sun painted the water hues of peach, rose and gold. There were comfortable looking chairs on the beach where people could sit to watch the waves, and I resolved to ask Daehyun if we could go after dinner. 
    "Ready to order?" The waitress was back, and Daehyun whispered something in her ear. I tried to listen in but he shook his head with a smile, and I pouted. 
    "Look," Daehyun pointed out the window to something on the water. I looked forward, trying to see what it was. 
    "What is it? Where?" I asked. Daehyun touched my chin with three fingers, pointing my head towards a solitary sailboat on the water. I smiled, watching the boat sail in. 
    "Pretty." I said, trailing my fingers over the flower in the vase next to me. We spent several hours in the restaurant, talking and eating. By the time we got outside, it was dark and thousands of stars lit up the sky. A yellow moon hung low over the water, and I grabbed Daehyun's hand. 
    "Where are we going?" Daehyun asked with a smile, following me to the chairs on the beach. I sat him down in one, sitting down in the one across from him. Daehyun sighed happily, tipping his head back and staring at the stars. 
    "Let's stay here forever." I whispered, looking up at a shooting star. Daehyun nodded, shifting in the chair and crossing his arms. It had been a long day and we were both exhausted, falling asleep quickly. 

    I woke up slowly, stretching and shivering. The cold had woken me up, and I looked confusedly. I wasn't in my bedroom, but laying on a hard wooden chair. I shivered, my thin dress fluttering in the ocean breeze, and saw Daehyun asleep on the chair by me. 
    He was stretched out awkwardly, one hand thrown over his eyes and the other hanging off the chair. Daehyun's mouth hung open slightly, loud snores pouring out, and his eyes fluttering. He was sleeping peacefully, and I hated to wake him up, but we happened to be on a beach in a strange town—and my brother was going to kill me! 
    "Daehyun, wake up!" I said, shaking his shoulder and checking my phone. My clock read 11:47 pm, and my battery was almost out. I knew it was too late for us to bike home. I shivered again and Daehyun jerked up with a snort. Just at that moment, rain started pouring down, quickly soaking both of us. 
    "Wha'? Who fell asleep?" Daehyun said sleepily, rubbing his eyes and sitting up. I shrugged, grabbing our backpacks and tried to figure out where we could stay for the night. 
    "I guess both of us fell asleep. Come on, we need to find an inn or something. Someplace where I can use the phone and call my brother to tell him to stop reporting my kidnapping!" I said, making Daehyun smile. He thought for a moment, taking his backpack, and grabbed my hand. 
    "Come on, I know some friends we can stay with." Daehyun said. I walked with him, shaking my head. 
    "So, you come to my town and are less social than a rock, then you suddenly have all these friends we can spend the night with?! You're so weird." I said, shaking my head again. Daehyun laughed, picking up his bike and motioning for me to follow him. 
    I yawned, shaking my head, and got on the bike. I shivered, hoping we got to Daehyun's friends quickly. Daehyun noticed, holding out a sweatshirt from his backpack, and I took it gratefully. It was comfortably big on me, smelling wonderfully like Daehyun. 
    "Only a little farther." Daehyun said, seeing me start to lag behind. I pedaled hard, feeling sleep pulling at me. 
    We pulled up in front of a small, ramshackle house that was strangely charming. It had a wild garden growing haphazardly, with ivy climbing the side of the house, and a small porch. Rain slanted off the roof, gushing through the storm drain and soaking our shoes when we walked up. 
    "Come on," Daehyun said, running with me through the rain and dropping his bike in the grass. I did the same, unbuckling my helmet and letting my wet hair hang down my back. 
    "Why do I always meet your friends when it's raining?" I asked, making Daehyun smile. He knocked on the door, and when the house stayed dark, I wondered if anyone would come. 
    "Aren't they all asleep?" I asked, making Daehyun shake his head. 
    "They're probably just playing video games. You know teenage boys." Daehyun said, knocking harder. A light clicked on inside, and a very sleepy teenage boy appeared. 
    "Whatever you're selling, we pretty much broke, so you can just—Daehyun!" The boy slurred, lighting up when he recognized Daehyun. 
    "Jin! Can you let us in, it's cold out here!" Daehyun asked with a smile, rubbing his hands together for warmth. He reached back, grabbing my hand, and led me in the house. 
    "Yeah, sorry about that! Hello, Daehyun's lady friend, I'm Jin." Jin smiled widely, running his hands through his light brown hair. 
    "Hello, I'm Hyowon. Nice to meet you." I bowed, Jin doing the same, and Daehyun and I took off our shoes. The shoe rack was overflowing with tons of shoes, and I placed mine to the side of the pile on the floor. 
    "Do you want something to drink?" Jin asked, motioning for us to follow him. He had woken up a little bit, and led us through the hallway. I heard the sounds of a video game coming from someone ahead of us, and shivered in my wet clothes. 
    "Actually, could we sleep here tonight? We don't have anywhere else." Daehyun asked. Jin nodded with a smile, leading us to the room all the noise was coming from. 
    "Of course! Come meet the rest of the boys." Jin said, walking over and turning some lights on. He revealed about six boys in the room, watching a giant tv and smashing away on controls. 
    "Guys, we have company!" Jin shouted, trying to be heard. One or two looked up, but immediately went back to playing. 
    "Hello? Bangtan boys?! We have company!" Jin shouted again, forming a megaphone with his hands. None of them looked, and I noticed one of them was asleep. 
    "Excuse me! WE HAVE COMPANY!" Jin yelled as loud as he could, standing in front of the tv. The rest of the boys sounded a chorus of protests when Jin shut off the tv, bracing his hands on his hips. 
    "Now will you LISTEN?!" Jin kept yelling, making one boy speak up. 
    "Jin, stop yelling! You'll wake Kookie!" One boy protested softly, motioning towards the boy draped over his legs. The boy was sitting on the floor, holding a control. 
    "Sorry, I don't see how he could sleep with all that noise anyway." Jin said. "Anyway, Daehyun's here!" Jin said, gesturing towards Daehyun. 
    "Daehyun!" The boys all perked up, and I looked at them. Three of them were sitting on the large, comfortable couch, and three were sitting on the floor with their backs against the couch. 
    "He and his friend are spending the night. This is Hyowon, make her feel welcome." Jin said sternly, sounding more like their mother than their roommate. 
    "Hello, Hyowon! I'm Suga, that's Monster." The boy who had 'Kookie' on his legs said, waving to me and pointing out another boy on the couch. Monster smiled, waving his controller at me. 
    "Nice to meet you." I said, wondering at his name. "Your name is Monster?" Monster laughed, shaking his head. 
    "No, most of us have nicknames. My name is Namjoon, but everyone calls me Monster or Rap Monster." Monster said, making me nod. A boy wearing a black knit hat waved at me, smiling widely. 
    "I'm J-hope! You're pretty, spend more time with us!" J-hope said, earning himself a smack from Monster. J-hope apologized, smiling, and pointed to the boy on Suga. "That's Jungkook, but everyone calls him Kookie. Don't mind him, he can sleep anywhere." J-hope said helpfully, rolling his eyes. 
    "J-hope, stop talking! God, you never stop!" The next boy rolled his eyes, giving J-hope a playful shove. "I'm V." 
    "Hello, V." I said, getting a pout from J-hope. 
    "You didn't say hi to me." J-hope pouted, making me laugh. I bowed low to him, greeting him grandly. 
    "Nice to see you, Emperor J-hope. How fare thee?" I asked, making the boys laugh. J-hope nodded in satisfaction, and the last boy on the floor waved. 
    "Hello, I'm Jimin." Jimin said, fixing his backwards snapback hat. I bowed again to him squelching in my wet socks. 
    "Guys, can we get some dry clothes?" Daehyun asked, seeing me shiver. They all nodded, looking at me closely. 
    "Kookie's stuff should fit you. And you can borrow something of mine, Daehyun." J-hope offered. We nodded gratefully, and he stood up. 
    "Here." J-hope led us to a room with three bunk beds and three massive dressers. He pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt for me, along with a knit black hat and a sweatshirt. 
    "Here you go, that should fit. The bathroom's right down the hall." J-hope pointed and I nodded, walking off. 
    I found the bathroom, which was surprisingly tidy, and washed my hands. I tied up my hair, changing into clean clothes and sighing when I started warming up immediately. Jungkook's clothes were really comfy, and I walked out of the bathroom much happier than when I had walked in. 
    I went back out to the tv room, finding the boys watching tv instead of playing video games. I listened to the rain on the roof and sighed in satisfaction. My stomach growled, and Jimin looked over at me with a smile. 
    "Come on, we don't bite." Jimin said, patting the seat next to him. He shoved Monster and V to the side, and I sat down next to him. Jimin spread a thick blanket over me, and Monster looked at me concernedly.    
    "Are you hungry?" Monster asked. I smiled, holding up my fingers slightly apart and making him smile. 
    "A little." I admitted. V immediately stood up, smiling at me. 
    "I'll make you something to eat!" V said, walking towards the kitchen. He disappeared for a second, only to be pulled back by Suga's voice. 
    "Kim Taehyung, stay away from the kitchen! You cannot cook to save your life, and you are not poisoning our first guest!" Suga commanded. V slouched back into the room, whining. 
    "You're the one who set the wrapping on fire last time!" V whined. Suga ignored him, telling Jimin to go make something. 
    "Okay." Jimin said, standing up and walking into the kitchen. I snuggled down into my blanket, smiling at Jungkook still asleep on Suga's legs and Jin asleep on the floor next to them. J-hope appeared with Daehyun, who was now dressed in sweatpants and tank top. 
    "Scoot over." Daehyun said, crawling under the blanket with me. V smacked his head, shaking a finger at him warningly. 
    "Yah, no funny business on my couch!" V said, making Daehyun laugh and me turn pink. The boys flipped through the channels, V disappearing for a few minutes, and appearing again later. 
    "Is Suga asleep?" Monster asked after a few minutes of us being stuck watching a really old movie. We looked down at the boy who had been wielding the remote, and found him sound asleep. 
    "Here, I got it." Monster took the remote away, and we laughed at the boys who were all asleep on the floor. Jimin appeared a few seconds later, carrying two plates of food. He handed one to me and the other to Daehyun. 
    I took one bite and started choking, blinking back tears at the extremely salty taste. Jimin ran to get me a glass of water, J-hope patting my back gently. I looked over and saw Daehyun having the same problem. 
    "Here, drink this!" Jimin said worriedly, handing me a glass of water. I slurped it down, handing some to Daehyun, and looked at Jimin's confused face. 
    "What's wrong with it?" Jimin asked. I shrugged, not wanting to hurt his feelings, and J-hope stole a bite of my food. 
    "Yah, what is this? How much salt did you use?" J-hope asked, making Jimin look even more confused. 
    "None! Why?" Jimin asked. J-hope held out a bite in response, and Jimin immediately also started choking when he ate it. 
    "What is this?" Daehyun asked, finally stopping his coughing fit. J-hope pointed at someone inching their way out of the room towards the room, jumping off the couch and grabbing V by his shoulders. 
    "Sabotage by the Cooking Black Hole!" J-hope proclaimed, making V smile evilly. The rest of the boys shouted their protests, but V just kept smiling. 
    "Here, I'll just get you some cookies. Come on." Monster said, walking with me to the kitchen. 
    "Kookie? Did someone say my name?" Jungkook looked up from the ground, and V patted his head. 
    "No, go back to sleep." V said. Jungkook obeyed and I went with Monster to the kitchen. He pulled out a pack of cookies, offering me some. We sat at the kitchen table, munching quietly. 
    "J-hope offered his bed if you want it." Monster said. I smiled, touched by J-hope's action, but shook my head. 
    "I'm alright on the floor." I said, taking another cookie. Monster shook his head, also taking another. 
    "Nonsense. We won't have our first ever guest sleep on the floor, especially not one as pretty as you. You have your pick of the beds." Monster said. I smiled, sensing he wouldn't take no for an answer, and shrugged. 
    "I don't want to be a burden." I said. Monster nodded understandingly, shrugging. 
    "We'll just let you pick when we go to sleep. We're gonna turn in soon, it's late and we're going to the beach tomorrow. You and Daehyun are welcome to join us." Monster said. 
    "Thanks! Maybe we will." I said. I remembered my brother, and asked for Monster's phone. 
    "Sure, take as long as you want." Monster handed me his handphone, leaving to give me some privacy. 
    I left a message for my brother, feeling pleasantly warm and full afterwards. I walked sleepily into the tv room afterwards, seeing the boys filing off to bed. 
    "Here, you can take my bed." Jimin said, motioning me towards the bedroom. J-hope immediately cut in front of him, smiling. 
    "No, take mine!" J-hope said. Jimin rolled his eyes, walking off. I reached the room, seeing J-hope fixing a top bunk with warm, fluffy blankets and a large pillow. 
    "Here you go, sweet dreams." J-hope said, helping me into the bed. I laughed when he pulled the covers to my chin, tucking them down so I couldn't stand up. 
    "Bye bye!" J-hope's head immediately dropped out of sighed, and I looked down. He was forcing his way into the bed below me, shoving a sleepy Jin out of it and into the floor. Jin got up, hit J-hope with a pillow a few times, and pushed Suga out of his bed. 
    As soon as Suga hit the floor he went over the pushed V. V rolled onto the ground with a snort, looking around, and started towards Monster's bed. 
    "Don't even think about it!" Monster warned, making V gulp and nod. V instead went over and took Jimin's spot. Jimin started to walk over to Jungkook, but Jungkook pouted cutely, curling up in a ball. 
    "Hyung~" Jungkook whined. Jimin sighed, stealing the pillow V had possession of and the blanket from Jin who was already asleep. He curled up on the floor, falling asleep. I laughed at the silly boys, and curled up to sleep. I felt comfortable here, like I had known these boys for longer than I really had. 
    Going to the beach tomorrow would be fun. But first, some sleep. I drifted off, only waking up briefly when the boys repeated their crazy cycle in the middle of the night, leaving Monster on the floor. The sweetly intimidating young man was so sleepy he didn't even wake up, but just curled up and went back to sleep. Keke, so cute!

I now have BTS, yay! Sorry I was late, I've been sick, but I'm grateful my readers didn't give up on me! Please comment, subscribe and upvote! 
Kamsamnida, saranghaeyo!
—Taoris95