At the Beach

Save Me

    I blinked my eyes open, arching my back and yawning. I wiped my eyes, looking around and my lips. I was still sleepy, and felt pleasantly warm under my mountain of blankets. I my side, seeing Kookie on the top bunk next to me, still asleep. I looked to my other side, seeing Monster sound asleep too. He must've been tired from being forced to sleep on the floor for half the night, and he snored with his mouth open. 
    I drew the blankets back, swinging my legs over the side and getting down while avoiding Suga asleep below me. I went to the bathroom, washing my face and tying my hair back. I turned, walking outside and jumping a foot in the air when J-hope popped out of nowhere. 
    "Good morning!" J-hope said, waving cutely. He had a bandana tied around his neck and ran a hand through his hair. His black hair stuck up in spikes, and I laughed. 
    "Good morning! Who's awake?" I asked quietly, walking past the bedroom and trying to not wake anyone else up. 
    "Uhh, me, Daehyun, Jin and Jimin are up—oh, and be careful, V's cooking breakfast." J-hope warned, making a face. I laughed, walking into the living room and sitting down on the sofa. V and Jin stuck their heads in from the kitchen, waving to me, and I waved back. Daehyun leaned against me sleepily, and I covered him with a blanket. 
    "What are we watching?" I asked Daehyun. He looked at me, one eye still half-closed, and I wondered where he slept last night. 
    "I'm not sure." Daehyun slurred, closing his eyes and snuggling down. "You're warm." Daehyun said sleepily, drifting off quickly. 
    Jimin came in and sat down next to me, yawning and picking up the remote. He flipped through different channels, and J-hope sat down on my other side. He shoved Daehyun away good-naturedly, looking up when Jin appeared with trays of food. 
    "Where's V?" I asked, looking for the other man. Jin rolled his eyes, setting out breakfast for everyone and sending J-hope to wake the others. 
    "I caught him switching the sugar with the salt and banished him to the porch." Jin laughed, rolling his eyes again. 
    "Good thing it stopped raining." Jimin said, chewing sleepily. 
    "It's still cold though! Let him back in, please." I said, pouting. Jin sighed, going to the front door and clicking some locks out of place. 
    "Oh, thank you!" V's voice filled the hall and he staggered in dramatically, shivering. I laughed, letting him take J-hope's place and giving him the blanket. 
    "I won't ever do it again, I promise—" V started. Jimin cut him off with a soft punch and Jin shook his head. 
    "You know you will!" Jin said, sitting on the floor and eating. J-hope appeared with Suga, Monster and Jungkook in tow, blinking sleep out of their eyes. They plopped down on the floor, Jungkook looking at me with interest. 
    "Hello! I'm Jungkook, but you can just call me Kookie. I'm the maknae, and I sort of remember you!" Jungkook said, waving and smiling sleepily. Jin held out a plate of food and Kookie started eating quickly, guarding it from J-hope's wandering hands. 
    "Nice to meet you." I smiled. "When are we going to the beach?" I asked, and Jin looked up. 
    "In about an hour. We're gonna wake them up a little more, and then we'll go for the day. You're welcome to stay for however you want." Jin said. Monster and Suga nodded in agreement through mouthfuls of food, and the rest of the boys smiled. I shook Daehyun awake and gave him some food, explaining our beach plan. 
    Daehyun nodded, and we all helped clear up the dishes from breakfast. We all disappeared one by one into either the bedroom or bathroom, changing into our bathing suits and packing for the beach. I stuck a bottle of water in my backpack and borrowed a book from Suga, waiting in the hallway for everyone else. 
    The boys soon appeared, some lugging bags, others had chairs, and Kookie and Jimin were carrying a large ice chest. We walked out the door, Daehyun and I picking up our bikes, and we agreed to meet at the beach. 
    "Does here look like a good place?" I asked, parking my bike and looking back at Daehyun. He nodded, smiling at me, and we turned to watch for the rest of the boys. They appeared shortly, waving with a smile. 
    "Come on, let's go swimming!" J-hope called, taking off his shirt and running out to the ocean with Jimin. I tried to not stare, and probably failed, and sat back with Monster. Jin pulled out a volleyball, and started a game with Kookie, Suga and V. 
    I sat back on the towel, holding Daehyun's hand, and we laid back in the sun. We spent several hours there, finally getting up to swim in the afternoon. We splashed around with all the boys, V finally running out with Kookie and complaining of the cold. I laughed, trailing my eyes along the shore and feeling the water's current pull at my waist. 
    "Daehyun, I'm gonna jump off the pier!" I called, pointing to the pier a little bit to the left of us. Daehyun nodded, continuing his water fight with Suga and Jin. Monster watched me from the shore, laying out on the blanket and watching everyone carefully. I got the feeling he was playing the part of lifeguard, and I felt safer with him looking out for us. I knew Jin was the 'mother' of the boys, but Monster was the leader. 
    I ran along the pier, jumping off when I reached the end and diving down deep. I pulled my hands down, quickly under the water and opening my eyes. I smiled, enjoying the little fish skimming through the water, kicking up when I felt the pressure in my lungs. 
    I felt something catch my foot and looked down, seeing a thick tangle of seaweed on the ocean floor. I bent down, tugging at it and looking up towards the surface. I was a good ten feet down, and there was no other place for me to get air but the surface. I tugged harder on the seaweed, starting to panic a little. The pressure in my lungs got stronger, making my head pound. 
    I looked up, hoping Monster was watching, or better, running to get me. I tried again to peel off the plant and finally succeeded, pushing off the bottom and trying to reach the top. Before I did, another wave swelled in and shoved me towards the bottom. I stopped, feeling the blackness reach up to swallow me. It was okay Monster wasn't coming. I was going to be okay. 
    I closed my eyes, slipping away and feeling the cold closing in. 

    I choked, feeling someone pressing on my chest and pressing their lips against mine. I coughed up water, feeling them my side, and they my back gently while I retched. I laid back at last, feeling my breath rasp hotly in my throat. I looked up, shocked to see my rescuer. 
    "I know you?" I said, seeing a familiar looking boy in front of me. He nodded, helping me sit up, and pushed his soaking wet hair out of his face. 
    "Kibum. I'm Kibum. Are you alright?" Kibum asked. I noticed his clothes were also soaking wet, and realized he had jumped in to save me. 
    "Thank you! Where are my—" I stopped, seeing all the boys thunder down the pier towards me. 
    "Hyowon!" Daehyun yelled, skidding to a stop next to me and dropping to his knees. "Are you okay?" 
    "I'm okay. Thanks to Kibum." I said, smiling at him. Kibum blushed, looking away, and helped me stand. 
    "It was just lucky I saw you go down. And you can just call me Key." Key smiled. The rest of the boys started checking me over, making sure I was okay. After assuring everyone multiple times I was fine, I finally sent them back to the water and was left alone with Key. 
    "Thank you again so much!" I said. Key blushed again, walking with me down the pier. His jeans and shirt were soaked, dripping a trail of water behind us and making me smile. 
    "No problem. I thought you were only staying one night?" Key said, looking at me. I shrugged, smiling, and gestured back to the other boys. 
    "We got caught in the rain and they let us stay with them. Daehyun knows them from when he lived here, I think." I said, shrugging. Key nodded, walking through the soft sand.
    "Key, let's go! Your break's over! Why are you wet?" Another boy walked up, looking slightly older, and smiled at me. He had brown hair cut stylishly, and wore an apron like Key's from yesterday. 
    "Ah, coming Minho! Sorry, I was just—" Key started sheepishly, not quite sure how to finish. 
    "He helped me when I was drowning." I supplied helpfully. Minho raised his brows, and Key shrugged. 
    "Good job, Key! One more beautiful girl in the world!" Minho winked. Key blushed hotly, and mumbled something. 
    "Enough of that, get back to work!" Minho said, waving to me and dragging Key off. Key waved, smiling at me as Minho pulled him by his ear back to the shop.
    "Bye! See you around!" Key called. I nodded, going back to where the rest of the boys were. 
    "Are you sure you're okay?" Jin asked for the umpteenth time. I nodded tiredly, and Monster apologized again. 
    "I'm sorry, I should've been watching the water." Monster said, looking worried. I smiled, hugging him and telling him not to worry. 
    "I hate to say this, but we should go if we want to get back in time for your brother to not skin us alive." Daehyun said. I nodded, standing up and wrapping a towel around myself. 
    "Goodbye, Hyowon! It was nice meeting you, come again and spend the night!" Jimin said. I nodded, giving him a hug, and got similar words from everyone. 
    "Come again soon, it was nice to see you!" Suga smiled. Kookie and J-hope waved cutely, smiling at me. 
    "Bai bai!" J-hope smiled, hugging me. Kookie smiled too, hugging me and pushing V forward. 
    "I won't sabotage the food next time you come, I promise!" V said cutely, smiling. I nodded, rolling my eyes. 
    "I'm sorry again, come back soon! It was nice seeing you!" Monster said. I nodded, hugging him, and turned to Jin. 
    "Here's some food for your journey. Don't worry, I didn't let V near it." Jin smiled, handing me a basket. "Take care of yourself!"
    "Thank you all, it's been fun!" I said, bowing and walking to the bikes with Daehyun. 
    "Bye, guys!" Daehyun called, waving behind him. A chorus of goodbyes sounded from the boys waving on the beach. 
    We biked home, talking the entire way. I was worried about what Yong Guk would say, but Daehyun distracted me from it. When we finally reached my house, we pulled up and rang the doorbell together. It was 5 o'clock and getting dark. 
    Yong Guk swung the door open, looking positively furious, and pulled me inside without a word. 
    "Bye, Daehyun!" I called, barely making it before Yong Guk slammed the door. I felt indignant, my brother didn't have to be so rude. 
    "Well, that was polite." I said sarcastically. Yong Guk sat me down on the couch, making an obvious effort to control his temper. 
    "Where have you been?" Yong Guk asked. 
    "We got caught in the rain and spent the night at a friend's. I'm sorry we're so late, but you shouldn't be rude to Dae dae." I said, the pet name slipping off my tongue spontaneously. Yong Guk shook his head, looking stern. 
    "No! You're not seeing that boy again! He's a bad influence and he's dangerous. You can see him only at school, nowhere else!" Yong Guk said. I shook my head, opening my mouth at the unfairness. 
    "But, he's my boyfriend!" I cried. Yong Guk shook his head, still looking stern and angry. I knew he wasn't mad at me, but it still made me cringe. 
    "No! You can't see Jung Daehyun anymore! I forbid it! Now get up to your room!" Yong Guk yelled, pointing to my room. I huffed, stomping up the stairs angrily and collapsing down on my bed. So unfair. 

Sorry, Yong Guk's the bad guy in this chapter! Please comment, subscribe and upvote! Saranghae!
—Taoris95