Crazy Brothers and Rude Strangers

Save Me

    I wiped down the counter of my parents coffee shop with a cloth, humming to myself. I felt a tug on my ponytail and flicked the cloth, whipping Zelo in the knee. 
    "Ow! Noona..." Zelo said, giving me an indignant look. He shook it off quickly with a smile, straightening up the sugars and creamers on the next table. 
    "We both know you deserved that." I smiled, making him roll his eyes. The 16 year old giant towered above me at six feet tall, but he still acted like a five year old. 
    "Are you ready to go back to school tomorrow?" Zelo asked, sitting down at a table and patting the chair next to him invitingly. I collapsed down, exhausted after our eight hour shift. I sighed, not looking forward to getting up early in the morning. 
    "Ugh, spring break is actually over!" I exclaimed, Zelo faking sobs. He buried his head in his hands, playing the part of heartbroken maknae. Only a few people knew how devilish he really was. 
    "What are we going to do? We have math class! Math class!" Zelo exclaimed, throwing his hands up. I laughed, tapping his nose, and got up to finish closing the shop down. 
    "Oh, I gotta go. But I'll see you at 7:30?" Zelo asked, grabbing his coat and taking off his apron. I nodded, taking off my own apron and taking my hair out of its bun. 
    "Yeah. Same time for the past eight years, it's not like I'm going to change it!" I said, rolling my eyes. Zelo scoffed at my snark, blowing me a kiss and walking out of the shop. I shook my head, that kid was crazy. 
    I locked up the shop, walking the few blocks to my family's house. I had known Choi Junhong—or Zelo as he liked to be called—for eight years, ever since we met after he moved here. He was my best friend, if you didn't count my brother Yong Guk, and my parents even gave him a job working at our coffee shop. 
    I took a deep breath as I walked into my peaceful house, setting my bag and keys down, slipping off my shoes. Gentle music played in the background from the stereo system and smell of dinner cooking made my mouth water. I walked in, expecting to see my mother at the stove. 
    "Yong Guk oppa, what are you doing?" I asked, seeing him standing on top of the counter, holding the stereo remote up to a speaker and pressing buttons maniacally. He jumped when he saw me, his socks slipping off the counter, and he ended up in a heap on the floor. 
    "Oppa!" I cried, rushing to see if he was alright. He shook his head and hauled himself up, smiling at me sheepishly. He grabbed the remote from where it had fallen and looked at me. 
    "I was trying to change the music. Umma and Aboji left this on, and I wanted to listen to some BigBang before they get back." Yong Guk explained, holding out the remote to me with a pleading look. I nodded, changing the music, and Yong Guk immediately thanked me. 
    "What's for dinner?" I asked, seeing his expression change. He gasped, turning to the stove and yelping. 
    "Dinner!" Yong Guk said, trying to stir the pot on the stove in time to keep the soup from burning. He leaned to close, effectively catching his sleeve on fire, and looked at me. 
    "How was the coffee shop? Are you ready for school tomorrow?" Yong Guk asked, smiling at me while he stirred. 
    "Oppa—"
    "I remember when I was sixteen and came back from spring break. Everyone was so excited to see each other—" Yong Guk started, ignoring me waving my hands. 
    "Oppa, you're—" I interrupted, earning a playfully angry look from him. Yong Guk shook his head, frowning and kept stirring. By now his sleeve was blazing, but he didn't seem to notice. 
    "Kids these days, not having any respect—" Yong Guk said. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and pointed to his arm. 
    "Oppa, you're on fire!" I said, making him look down with a shocked face and immediately start slapping his arm. I grabbed a vase of flowers and poured it on him, effectively ruining his shirt. When the fire was out, we both sighed in relief...until the smoke alarms went off. 
    "Open the doors!" Yong Guk cried, getting back up on the counter and fanning smoke away from the blaring alarms. I rushed to open the doors and windows, rolling my eyes at Yong Guk oppa. There's a reason he only makes microwaveable ramen. 
    "I think we're good now!" Yong Guk called, the alarms finally stopping. I closed the doors back up, walking into the kitchen. Yong Guk dumped the burnt soup down the sink and put two cups of instant ramen in the microwave. 
    "Thanks for warning me..." Yong Guk said, smiling sheepishly. I rolled my eyes, covering them when he took off his shirt. 
    "Oppa, my innocence!" I cried, making him laugh. He threw the burnt and soaked shirt in the garbage, pulling on a clean t-shirt from the laundry. 
    We finished our ramen and I took a shower, relishing the warm water. Afterwards I crawled into bed, utterly exhausted. Yong Guk came in and wished me good night, making me smile. I fell asleep quickly, slipping into a dreamless sleep. 

    My alarm beeped at 7:00 and I started blindly pressing buttons. It kept getting louder and louder until I found the cord on the wall and yanked it out. I rubbed my eyes, sitting up, and got dressed. After fixing my hair I went downstairs. 
    "Morning." Yong Guk said, heating something that smelled suspiciously like ramen in the microwave. 
    "Where are Umma and Aboji?" I asked, making Yong Guk shrug. He took two cups of ramen out and passed me one. 
    "They went to open the shop early." Yong Guk said, sitting down next to me and digging in. I gave him a strange look, wishing he could actually cook something. 
    "What?" Yong Guk asked, shrugging again. I shook my head, eating my ramen and answering the knock on the door. 
    "Morning, noona! Morning, hyung!" Zelo called, his hair tousled from sleep and one eye half closed. I closed the door, taking my backpack with me, and we started the walk to school. 
    "How are you doing?" Zelo asked, walking next to me. I shrugged, smiling, and he nodded back. 
    "Ugh, it's so early!" Moon Jong Up exclaimed, joining us. We nodded our agreement, Jong Up narrowing saving himself from walking into a lamp post. 
    "There's a rumor going around there's a new student." Zelo said. I frowned, wondering if it was true. 
    "Who joins in the last quarter?" Jong Up scoffed, not believing Zelo. Zelo shrugged, looking up when another boy joined us. 
    "No, I think it's true. They think he's the new adopted boy for the Jung's." Yoo Youngjae said, walking up from behind us. He would know all the gossip and we nodded, remembering the Jung's mentioning adopting a boy at the coffee shop.  
    We were all quiet for the rest of the walk, most of us still half-asleep. We reached the school, meeting Himchan in the hallway. He smiled at us, blowing me a kiss, and I shook my head. 
    "What's wrong with you? Why are you such a ert?" Youngjae asked, earning a smack from Himchan. I rolled my eyes, knowing this would continue for the rest of the school year. 
    "I'm going to the library." I announced, taking my book bag with me. The library was peaceful, the only place the boys wouldn't follow me. 
    I walked inside, going over to my favorite section and browsed around. I wasn't paying attention and stepped to the right, stepping on someone's foot. I hadn't known he was there and jumped back, looking at the new boy. 
    "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there!" I exclaimed. He rolled his eyes, snorted, and looked away. 
    "Obviously." I looked at him, not used to someone being so rude. Then again, he was perfect kingka material. He was gorgeous, with brown eyes and brown hair dyed blonde in some places. 
    "I'm Bang Hyowon." I said, bowing. He nodded dismissively, looking at books on the shelf. I thought he wouldn't answer, but he finally did, his voice softer than before. 
    "Daehyun." Daehyun nodded to me abruptly, turning on his heel and walking away. He left the library, leaving me behind stunned. I had never met anyone like him, someone so openly rude. 
    "Hyowon, are you coming?" Zelo called softly from the library door. I nodded, following him to our first class. I was surprised to see Daehyun there, sitting in the very back and looking bored. I took my seat in front of him, feeling his gaze on my back. 
    I frowned, deciding to ignore him, and settled in for a very long lesson. 

Hello everyone! Annyeong haseyo! What does everyone think so far? Please comment, upvote and subscribe! 
I also recently finished a book, My Panda Prince...Is A Wolf? Please check it out if you're interested! 
This story is dedicated to my unnie, much thanks towards her for giving me some of the ideas! Saranghaeyo!
—Taoris95