Kim Himchan

Lingering Touches

Yongguk slumped on his cramped sofa as soon as he got home, not even bothering to lock his apartment door(because what's the use of locking his door when a certain male called Kim Himchan comes every so often to break into his apartment, anyways?). 

He later then decided for another bottle of beer while he watched whatever tv show comes up at 2:30 in the morning when a gust of wind comes through his open window. He stared at the open window and decided to have his beer out in the balcony instead. 

He shivered the moment he stepped out to his balcony but smiled nonetheless, enjoying the peace and quiet. With only the streetlights providing a horrible dull orange light to the darkness of the night, Yongguk sat on the balcony of his apartment building, carelessly sipping from a bottle of cold beer.

 It was funny how he was suddenly missing the noise and the loudness that Himchan usually brings to his apartment regardless of the time of night. He didn't know why he liked being around Himchan when the guy was always loud and frivolous. 

Yongguk was a quiet man; always reveling and enjoying the silence. He was a man of few words, prefering to listen while Himchan was full of energy and never ran out of words. They were so different from each other, their preferences so distinct from the other so why the hell was Yongguk always drawn in by him? 

Maybe it's because of the fact that Himchan was a free spirit. Himchan had this warm aura around him that draws people in. A very welcoming aura that makes you feel light and free whenever he's around. Himchan said anything he wanted, did anything he pleased and Yongguk liked that. The younger's honesty and straightforwardness always show through his eyes which never fails to amuse the elder. 

Yongguk found that he liked quite a number(or maybe a lot) of things about the younger male. He liked the way Himchan did as he pleased which ends up seeming like he was bossing people around (but Yongguk knew better). He liked how Himchan would look in the mirror to check his face or fix his hair whenever he thinks something is wrong with the way he looked--hell, he looks better than Yongguk ever will even when he's halfway looking dead due to a headsplitting hangover(the man liked to drink like it was his last). Yongguk also liked how he himself can tell apart the genuine and the forced smiles that the younger gives everytime. He liked how the younger's face would light up everytime his smile was genuine--making his eyes turn to small cresents that seem like they twinkle(as cheesy as it is, yes) and the way his teeth show (because Himchan's fake smile never shows his teeth or the twinkle in his eyes and Yongguk kind of hates it).

Another breeze blew and Yongguk shivered in his tattered jeans, loose shirt and bare feet. He raised his feet up to the empty (not like he minded) stool in front of him as he tilted his head back with a murmured "Damn it," slipping out of his mouth. 

Damn it because he's not supposed to be thinking about Himchan now that he's all alone in his apartment. Damn it because he's not supposed to be missing the loud mouth of a brown haired pretty boy(even though its a Friday and Himchan always comes over on fridays and it doesn't even matter if its at 3:30 in the morning. Himchan just never fails to come over on fridays). Damn it because his apartment isn't supposed to seem this empty without the younger male around. And damn it because even if he doesn't want to admit it, he just can't deal with the fact that a drunk Himchan would more than likely be taken care of by the doe eyed grinning pretty boy.

His hand came up, ruffling his already messy hair, later then falling over to rub his face. He let out a groan because he isn't even supposed to be thinking of these things in the first place. He's supposed to be enjoying his long awaited silence, taking long and satisfying swigs of his cold beer in front of his tv--or maybe the balcony is pretty good too despite the chill. He was supposed to do his usual routine before a drunk Himchan knocked on his door and not wonder what they would usually do when Himchan was around (and since when was there a " they" anyways?)

He bent over to grab his beer for another gulp that would hopefully help clear his mind when he heard the shrill of his phone against the cold metal table in front of him. He contemplated for a few seconds, wondering of he should pick up and let his very much wanted(as he liked to think) silence be interupted or not. 

Glancing in between the phone and the bottle of beer in front of him, he was about to take the call when the phone stopped vibrating. Yongguk shrugged and reached out for the bottle of beer instead when his phone vibrated once more, the bright "drunkard-chan"(which Himchan bombarded him for but he still wouldn't change it because it's funny and its true anyways) flashing across the screen, making his brows automatically knit together in a line. 

Yongguk hesitantly took the vibrating phone in his hand(because he's pretty sure Himchan would be more than likely drunk by now) and took the call, expecting a drunk Himchan on the other end of the line.

"Yongguk sunbaenim?" He heard a deep voice urgently say once he answered. And to Yongguk's dissappointment, it wasn't a drunk Himchan.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Yay new update~ A few more chapters of painfully crappy writing to write guys~♥♥I'm also thinking of starting with the Younglo fic already so be ready those who are intersted cuz i'd obviously shamelessly promote it here *coughandIwill loveyouforreadingitsocomeletmeloveyoucough*

Thank you for being patient and staying with me♥♥ and as per usual, I hope you enjoyed this chapter^^