Invitation

Lingering Touches

 

"Uh...." Yongguk started awkwardly "The kids are over there." avoiding the eyes of the male in front of him, he motioned for their friends who were a couple of tables away from them.

"I know." Himchan shrugged, pulling a chair out to sit across from the dumbfounded male "It's calmer here with you." He crouched down, putting his head on top of his folded arms. Yongguk blinked at the sudden statement from the male but shrugged it off nonetheless. He'll get tired of him sooner or later. 

"Are you writing a song?" he heard Himchan ask, making him snap back to reality-- instinctively covering up his work and pulling it closer to him.

It was now Himchan's turn to blink in surprise at his actions and Yongguk tried to find an excuse but he heard laughter. He stared at the laughing male in front of him, not quite sure what was so funny-- but the latter was laughing and Yongguk could honestly say that it was the first genuine laugh he heard from the male in a while.

"Its for this kid Jongup introduced to me." Yongguk said when Himchan's laughter started to die "He's a great dancer and rapper-- although he does need a bit more refining here and there. He's a great kid. Real nice." he continued and Himchan nods his head although he already knew. Junhong was a great kid even though he can be a bit reluctant towards people. He's been through a lot so Himchan understands.

It takes time but Himchan recognizes the considerate look on the elder's face and when he does, he just can't help but soften up even more for the man in front if him.

"He works really hard even though he's not good with people. He's trying." Yongguk explains but laughs at his own sentimentality.

"Why am I even telling you this?" he lets out a deep and rich chuckle-- a sound that Himchan found endearing. "I'm probably just tired. Its late."  Yongguk tells Himchan and the latter shrugged, sending a mischievous grin towards the elder. 

"Want to get a drink?" His feline-like grin sending jolts up Yongguk's spine. 

"How about the kids?" Yongguk asks, pretending to reread the words on his paper-- just to look anywhere else rather than the male in front of him.

"What about them?" Himchan raises a brow.

"Can't you ask them?" Yongguk says risking a glance up at the younger who only gives him an incredulous look.

"They're young. Do you seriously think they're any good to drink with?" Himchan retorts and Yongguk reconsiders his idea; Daehyun would end up being too drunk and more than likely make out with a random girl, Youngjae would nag and complain about doing better things, and Jongup just can't drink-- the kid has the tolerance of an infant when it comes to alcohol.

After a long stretch of silence, Yongguk looked at the younger male, his brows knitted into a frown before he let out a sigh.

"You're paying, right?" he finally said as he grabbed his things and stuffed them into his bag. Himchan sent him a satisfied grin and Yongguk swallows, wondering what the hell got into his head.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hihi~^^ Sorry if the previous chapter was short..... I can't write for  ./(_ _ ;;;)\ School was busy killing me this week. Anyways, enjoy~><♥♥♥