When silence takes over

Lingering Touches

The breath was knocked out of his lungs but he stayed frozen, holding his breath in because Yongguk; Bang Yongguk is kissing him. His lips were full, soft and warm, making his head go blank-- making him forget why he was here crying in the first place because 'why is Yongguk kissing me?' is the only thought going through his head.

Yongguk pulled away(allowing Himchan to let out the breath he was holding in), still covering Himchan's eyes but Himchan could feel the elder's breath against his lips with the pressure of Yongguk's forehead against his own. Through the cracks of Yongguk's fingers, he could see a glimpse of Yongguk with his closed eyes but still, he was left lost in the dark.

A couple more minutes and Yongguk pulled away, looking at anything but Himchan because what the hell did he just do? Finally looking over to a still frozen Himchan, Yongguk scrambled up to his feet with a muttered "sorry," before running out of the room, out of the apartment and away from Himchan.

There was shuffling and hurried footsteps but the loud bang of the apartment door was what brought Himchan back to his senses. 

"What the hell," he whispered to himself, lifting his trembling hands over to rub his warm, swollen face.

Yongguk still wasn't back in the morning and somehow, it wasn't such a surprise to Himchan. He could still remember the shock on the elder's face, the way he could almost read the elder's mind because his eyes screamed 'what the hell' as they frantically roamed the room, looking at everything but him.

Himchan left Yongguk's apartment, leaving the keys in the mailbox like he usually does. He was reluctant to leave like usual but something was different this time because leaving with a heavy feeling in his chest wasn't something he was used to after all.  

Yongguk looked for him. Yongguk carried him to his apartment. Yongguk comforted him. Yongguk kissed him. Yongguk panicked and ran out of his own apartment, leaving the younger more confused than ever(not to mention the restless feeling in his gut that Yongguk would more than likely start to avoid him). So much happened and Himchan never thought that one night can be so full of events which involves a single man.

"Damn it, Bang Yongguk," Himchan muttered as he left the building, remembering how warm and soft the elder's lips felt against his own. Sure, it felt nice--great, even(not like he'd ever admit it) but how was he supposed to react after that? What the hell was that even about in the first place?!

"Hyung, did you fight with Yongguk hyung?" Youngjae asked out of nowhere during lunch and damn it because Himchan almost choked on his americano and even spilled some on his shirt. Three days since the incident and Himchan still heard nothing from the elder male. He hasn't even seen Yongguk or even a single trace that could hint he was still alive(and boy, did it frustrate the out of Himchan).

"If so, you should apologize soon, you know? I like Yongguk hyung better than some other people," Youngjae continued(and yes he was suggesting something Himchan would rather not talk about at the moment) with a pointed look directed at Himchan(and Himchan seriously started to doubt why he was friends with this kid in the first place). 

"What the hell makes you think it would be MY fault?" Himchan snapped, shooting daggers at the younger, "and that is if we even fought in the first place," he continued with a scowl. 

How the hell was this a fight? He got kissed after crying (not to mention him liking it-- but that's not important). He was left by a panicking idiot called Bang Yongguk(as if he wasn't the one who initiated the kiss in the first place), and was now being avoided (Yongguk didn't even try to be subtle about it and if he is, he sure is doing a ridiclously crappy job in doing so). How was Himchan supposed to consider this a fight when all the shots came from Yongguk, firing at him one after the other? This should be considered foulplay. Yongguk definitely wasn't playing fair.

"What could Yongguk hyung ever do to displease you in the first place?" Youngjae asked, with a raised eyebrow and Himchan seriously wanted to squeeze the life out of his younger friend.

"Well it's not my fault that he--" Himchan started but stopped himself, blood rushing up his face at the thought of Yongguk kissing him. Youngjae watched in amusement as the elder shut his mouth for once, turning to Jongup who seemed just as amused before giving the elder his usual dumbfounded look.

"It's his fault," the elder muttered, burrying his face into his crossed arms, "all his fault," Youngjae faintly heard the elder mutter, making him grin even further. This certainly was something.

"Well, I gotta go," Youngjae finally said after a few minutes of silence, " I'm meeting someone in a couple of minutes and still haven't had lunch!" He groaned, packing his things before bidding goodbye to the confused Himchan and Jongup.

"Since when was he so busy?" Himchan asked, still dumbfounded in his seat.

"He's been spending time with Junhong a lot these past few weeks, hyung," Jongup said, looking up from a text before stuffing his face with fries, making Himchan blink in confusion. Jongup loved fries and all but never did he stuff his face with them or gobble them up like a pig before. And was that a sulky face Himchan was seeing?

"Really?" The elder asked wearily because a sulky Jongup was somehow foreign, even for him. 

"Yeah, but what really happened with Yongguk hyung? You guys have been getting along well until now," the younger asked with sincerity but Himchan sensed the worry and frustration trailing behind the younger's question. 

Himchan took a deep breath, opening his mouth to start talking when he sees a familiar figure walk into the crowded cafeteria. He felt his breath leave his lungs and for once in three days, he simply wanted to hide away from the elder male. 

He has been looking for the elder these past few days, quietly sulking because of Yongguk hiding and avoiding him (was he that repulsive?) but now that he was here, all handsome in his simple white shirt and cardigan, looking very much unaffected as he chatted with Daehyun and that music major girl(was it Jinah? Jessica? Ji eun? Yeah, that), he sat frozen in his seat. 

Jongup, frowned to himself, his eyes trailing over to what his hyung seemed to be so immersed in. Turning around, he looks over and caught sight of Yongguk--although it was more of the chatting male beside Yongguk that caught his attention(the guy simply stood out without even trying). 

Jongup somehow caught on to what happened to his hyung and was about to turn back around when Daehyun's eyes trailed over to meet his own, a smile following closely with that small wave(and that smile was probably for Himchan hyung, yeah).

Jongup found himself unable to look away, swallowing the lump that formed in his throat as Daehyun started dragging Yongguk along with him towards their table (where the hell is water when you need it?).

Letting out the breath he has been holding, he turned back to Himchan as a last minute resort only to find the elder frozen in his seat, making the younger worry even more(because Himchan hyung is always at ease with everyone-- especially Yongguk hyung); forgetting the main reason of his panic in the first place.

Himchan forced his eyes away from Yongguk, looking over to Jongup who looked just as baffled(to his surprise because Moon Jongup is baffled and not looking lost or smiling) as he grabbed Himchan's iced coffee, hurriedly sipping the drink like his life depended on it. 

"Hey, hyung," he heared a familiar cheerful voice greet him and 'please go away' was what he wanted to say but looked up to find Daehyun standing behind a very stiff Jongup. He forced his best smile out, greeting the younger male back and saw Yongguk flinching at the corner of his eye ('don't look at him, don't look at him,' he kept repeating to himself).

Silence took over for a couple minutes before Daehyun decided to break it, taking a seat beside Jongup(leaving the last seat between Himchan and Jongup available for Yongguk-- which he awkwardly took) and trying to start conversation once more.

"I heard Hyosung noona is having a party tonight, are you going?" Daehyun asked him(and Himchan paused for a couple minutes because wasn't that happening tomorrow?) with that familiar twinkle in his eyes(the look when he knows there is a high chance of a hook up kind of twinkle) before taking a couple of fries from the elder's tray. 

Himchan smacks the younger's hand away with a scowl but Daehyun just shrugs, stuffing the fries in his mouth. He catches a glimpse of Yongguk talking to Jongup, who seemed more than eager to oblige, turning his whole body towards the elder like they were talking about the most interesting of things. 

"Maybe," he shrugged, "it depends on my mood," he answered with a deep breath which unfortunately did nothing to calm the peircing pain in his chest. He really wanted to leave now. 

"And if I finish my ," Himchan scowled as he gathered his things, standing immediately whn he heard a friend call his name.

"See you later," he muttered under his breath, before leaving without a second look back.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Long time no update my babies♥♥♥♥♥♥ I missed you guys really but my head is too messed up right now>< I just hope you enjoyed this chapter cuz dense Dae lol x3 I will try to make the nxt chapter soon!

And y

eah... sorry for making Yongguk like this just after that brave thing he did called giving Himchan the sweetest kiss in his life  I hate myself for that too lool I seriously wasn't expecting this  to happen....