Habits

Lingering Touches

"Yah. How many times do I have to tell you not to come over when I'm not home?" Yongguk growled as he kicked Himchan's legs off the small coffee table in his living room. 

"I was bored. Jongup had to go work late with Junhong.." Himchan pouted, sitting up on the sofa to make space for Yongguk to sit beside him. Jongup decided to move in with him a few months back since his home was too far anyways--and probably to keep an eye on Himchan. It was something everyone in their small group knew but wouldn't say for the obvious unspoken reason-- Himchan wouldn't like it(because he was really fine and he's much stronger than people give him credit for).

"Doesn't mean you get to break into my apartment!" Yongguk grabbed the remote from the latter, flipping through channels and Himchan scoffed. Neither male cared for what was on, only enjoying the simple comfortable company the other is able to give. It wasn't unusual for Himchan to come or even stay over at the Yongguk's place ever since the younger came over drunk and broke down in front of the elder(Himchan didn't cry because that's girly. He simply had a break down) In fact he came over so often, Yongguk started to stock his kitchen with food and coffee just so that the latter wouldn't nag and complain every time. 

Yongguk was more than fine living off on take outs, microwaveable food and the cheap coffee that keeps him alive and working every morning; especially during project due dates and finals. And no, Yongguk wasn't a slob(to Himchan's surprise) so the younger didn't really have any problems with hygiene and cleanliness. The elder was just plain lazy and incapable of making a decent meal that didn't come out of a box or the microwave so Himchan took the initiative to drag the elder to the supermarket at least once or twice a week to fill the fridge and cupboards with decent food.

"It's not breaking in if I know you hide your key inside your mail box." the latter rolled his eyes, earning a look from the older male(and yes, Himchan and his mouth were getting on Yongguk's nerves). Yongguk starts to wonder how the younger got to know him so well in a couple of months. Well, they did spend a lot of their free time together and Himchan did come over a lot more than his other friends did, after all. The elder wasn't sure if he was supposed to be surprised about the fact that he was closer to Himchan than any of his other friends he knew for years-- opening up to the younger came so naturally that he didn't even notice it happening. Maybe it was because Himchan came and opened up to him first or maybe it was just really easy to talk to the younger (his mouth never stops talking after all).

"What? It's not my fault you're so predictable, you know?" the younger shrugged, turning his body to face Yongguk before planting  his feet on the elder's lap(focusing on the elder's annoyed face and not his now ed shirt). He didn't know why but he liked being around Yongguk. Maybe it was because it was always peaceful and quiet around the elder and Himchan was always surrounded by noise. The talking and the loudness is nice too(Himchan is very good with those things after all) but the calm and peace Yongguk has is also something he enjoys(if not more). He feels relaxed around the elder; the pressure of keeping his facade always forgotten and burried to the deepest depths of his mind. He could be himself without the fear of being judged because Yongguk never really cared for status, reputation, and fame. Yongguk was simple, uncomplicated and lazy-- which is probably why Himchan likes him. Being with Yongguk gives him an excuse to be lazy and uncomplicated and simple. He didn't have to impress.

Yongguk simply gives him a dumbfounded look and Himchan shrugs it off, turning his attention to the random war movie that Yongguk stopped at(stopping a flinch because he knows Yongguk enjoys war movies and also because he was a very considerate person). He heard the elder sigh in defeat and he bit his bottom lip to keep from grinning like a fool. 

Yongguk's hand lifts and lands on top of Himchan's legs, unconsciously patting it and this time, Himchan actually smiles(not because he found the action cute-- not at all-- but because the elder always did it without thinking). Just like how Yongguk would smile to himself when he sees something amusing or satisfying. Just like how Yongguk looks genuine whenever he talks to people that matters to him( Himchan wonders how the elder looks at him sometimes.)

Yongguk has pretty eyes; the type that makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside and makes you feel like your the only one its focusing on (and maybe Himchan likes it more than he's willing to admit even to himself). Yongguk does a lot of things( and no, Himchan does not pay close attention to them. He's just very observant); things Himchan found weird. Things such as liking tigger, being awed by children, being too nice, eating sweet bean jelly, cinnamon candy, barley tea and rice, pickled food(Himchan can't even bear the thought of Yongguk and pickled food), always working too hard, making Himchan's heart beat faster(wait,what?).

"You really like doing that don't you?" He asks, making the older blink at him in confusion, too immersed in the movie to even pay attention to what he was doing(too comfortable and used to the atmosphere to notice something unusual. Himchan was comfortable, afterall).

"Patting and stuff. Its like your hand moves on its own and pats everything it can." Himchan jokes and the slight endearment in his voice almost sends a smile up Yongguk's lips--almost(he still didn't know what was so funny about it. He never really understood why the younger found him and his actions so amusing).

"Oh." He lets out, stopping his actions and Himchan stares intently(because who said he didn't like it? It was warm, familiar and comfortable, after all).

"I just said you like doing it. Doesn't mean you get to stop, idiot. Now pat." Himchan growls and Yongguk sends a gummy smile towards his direction, almost stopping the younger's heart permanently. He simply averts his eyes back to the horrible war movie, just to look at anything but the adorable grinning idiot in front of him(how the hell can he be so damn endearing and gummy and adorable? He should be illegal).

He feels Yongguk's warm hand start moving again and he purses his lips to prevent the smile that started to tug up the corners of his mouth.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

Finally an update~ /(_ _ ;;;)\ i'm so sorry for taking forever *hides in a corner*

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter-- Apparently, I have a thing for fast forwarding things.... because I have a tiny bit of fastforward for the next chapter again....Till my next update><♥♥