Surprise

Lingering Touches

Yongguk sat there staring at the male across the table. His head was burried in his arms and strangled sobs could be heard from him, leaving Yongguk dumbfounded.

Yongguk didn't know if it was the alcohol or the younger's real emotions--without the masks and the fake laughs as cover up-- but either way, it hurt to see someone so broken. As if on cue, his hand reached up-- his long and slender fingers gently treading through the mop of dark brown hair.

Himchan laughs at this, startling the older male-- once again not sure what was so funny.

"Do you do that on purpose or is it pure instinct?" Himchan's voice was hoarse and shaky but the slight tinge of humour was there. Yongguk didn't know whether to stay worried or be relieved.

"Huh?" he asked, confused. He never quite seem to get the younger's sense of humour-- even more so when the joke was supposedly him or something he did.

"You're too nice, you know?" Himchan said with yet another laugh, making the older raise a brow.

"I thought you were all mean and badass." Himchan scoffed and Yongguk couldn't help but grin at his words, letting out a chuckle as he simply shook his head.

"I came to your place 'cuz I remembered where it was," his words were slurred and Yongguk hesitated whether or not to call it a day, "Youngjae was studying for tests, Daehyun was prolly drunk somewhere with some girl, and Guppie was prolly sleeping so I came to you." he laughed and Yongguk frowned subconsciously.

"So I was basically your last option." Yongguk stated, feeling foolish for being offended by a drunk man's words.

"You're drunk. We shoul--" Yongguk started, taking the bottle of beer from the younger male but was cut off.

"If I knew you were like this much earlier," Himchan started, wiping the never ending tears "you would've been the very first person I called." He finished and Yongguk couldn't tell if it was the booze or just his tired brain because he heard regret in the latter's voice-- and somehow, although he would never admit it, he felt happy to hear that.

"Yeah, I should take you home." Yongguk said but Himchan was already knocked out and snoring away in dream land.

Yongguk stared in disbelief and laughed, concluding that there was only one person that can never fail in surprising him; a certain male called Kim Himchan.

.~.~.~.~.~.

Yongguk woke up earlier than expected the following morning. It threw him a off a bit(well, quite a lot actually but whatever) that he woke up so early on a weekend after drinking most of the night. But he couldn't go back to sleep so he got out of bed expecting Himchan to be gone just like the first time he crashed at the elder's place.

Yongguk was greeted by the familiar smell of coffee but instead of heading for the kitchen, he went to the washroom to do his business before heading to the kitchen where he found Himchan crouched in front of the fridge.

"Oh, morning," the latter smiled, his head peeking from the open door of the fridge when he noticed the elder; his grin sending shivers up Yongguk's spine(and no, he did not like it one bit. Nope.)

Yongguk stood dumbfounded in place as the younger finally stood up with a sigh, closing the fridge door. 

"I was going to cook breakfast but you have nothing but coffee in here," Himchan shook his head in disbelief "how do you survive?" he finished as he grabbed his coffee and slumped on a chair.

"Uh...." was all that Yongguk managed to let out, still trying to put one and one together.

"Oh, I made coffee." Himchan tried to fill in after a long  stretch of silence, standing to grab the elder a mug of coffee because Yongguk in his black wifebeater and messy bed hair was not something he should be staring at(and he was not blushing because that was lame) so early in the morning.

"Do you want sugar and cream or just black?"he asks, feeling the elder walk up beside him.

"It's okay, I'll do it," his voice was raspy and deep, making the hair at the back of Himchan's neck stand(because what the hell, who sounds like this so early in the morning?) as he stands aside and go back to his seat.

Silence took over them once more and Yongguk was surprised of the comfortable atmosphere because he was expecting to be awkward and weird around Himchan who seemed to prefer  talking a lot more than silence. He turned back to see the younger simply enjoying the cheap coffee on Yongguk's favourite tigger mug(and no, Yongguk did not just think he was pretty). 

He then walked over to occupy the seat in front of his guest, not bothering to break the silence(it was too cozy, too comfortable and peaceful, just the way he liked it). 

It baffled Yongguk that he was already this comfortable with someone he just started talking to a few days back. Surprised him that he could actually be like this with the very sociable Kim Himchan because Yongguk was awkward with everyone and his social skills are more than likely considered to be on the poor side(he prefers to say) or maybe he just didn't have any to begin with.

"Thank you for last night." Himchan finally says-- more like whispered but Yongguk heard so whatever. Yongguk looked up from his mug before sending him the gummy smile that Himchan liked (quite a lot, actually but no one needs to know).

"I don't usually go around drinking and getting wasted-- that's Daehyun's job," Himchan rolled his eyes "and I definitely don't go around crying to random people and telling them about my problems!" he added quickly in defense but the genuine look on the elder's face made him look down on his mug; just to look anywhere else but the elder(and no, his heart didn't skip a beat and he didn't really like Yongguk's smile).

"So thank you for listening," he muttered, his fingers circling the rim of the random tigger mug he found in one of the cupboards and the elder chuckles, letting out a 'no problem'. Himchan's ears turn red before he could stop it--but only because he was Himchan and he never says thank you for such girly things and not because of Yongguk with his deep voice and (captivating) chuckle.

Yongguk stared at the younger male in front of him, not able to keep the stupid grin off his face because he liked the baffled Kim Himchan (maybe a little more than he was supposed to) just as much as he had a soft spot for a crying one.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

NEW UPDATE!><

Well, this grew longer than intended and i'm scared the next chapter would be too short...-_- omg 

Oh! Just warning you about the fastforward happening in the next chapter.... (dont kill me)

Updates are slow and I am sorry.. /(_ _   )\