What if...?

Our Little Ice Princess

Krystal POV

It has been awhile since I've really hung out with anyone at the company. what with the group being on break before our next album, to me now participating in the figure skating competition, I haven't had much time anyways. 

I wonder how the Shinee oppas are doing...especially one by the name of Choi Minho. 

Whipping out my phone I began to quietly mumble, "Hmmmm... maybe I could call Key Oppa and ask how everyone is doing. It'd be too weird to directly ask Minho, or would it? I mean surely that would be strange. However-"

"Krystal-ssi!"

Oh snap! That's right, I only had a 5 minute break between rehearsals. Standing before me was my figure skating partner, Lee Donghyun. 

"Oppa! Sorry about that. I got a little distracted" I replied to him slightly smiling. 

"A little? Talk about a decent amount at the very least. I was calling your name for a good while there." Donghyun oppa teased. 

Blushing slightly and bowing my head while chewing my lower lip, I apologized, "Mianhe. I promise I will be more focused from now on."

Hearing a chuckle, I looked up to see Donghyun oppa smirking at me. 

In response to my flushed face, he broke out into a full-blown grin, managing to only make me blush some more. 

I mean, Donghyun Oppa is attractive in his own right. He is smart, strong, talented, charming, cute. But, he is older than me by a couple years, plus we don't really run in the same social circles. 

But maybe that's a good thing...? We have great chemistry on and off the ice, even if we bully and tease each other constantly. 

I know that when he scolds me or criticizes my technique and skating that it's for my own good. He has told me that he has seen my potential and believes that if I stay focused and just keep practicing, I could possibly win this competition. 

It is an amazing feeling to have someone support you like that. To be soft on you when you need to boost your ego a little bit and feel calm, and yet also be stern and hard on you when you need something to push you as a reality check. 

As I have continued to work with Donghyun oppa, I have slowly started to become more aware of his appeal and I wonder how he feels about me. 

Somehow, having these thoughts makes me feel as if I am betraying Minho Oppa somehow. But that is silly, because we are not even a couple. We're not even in a relationship. Heck he does not even feel that way for me. He is an older guy and has stated numerous times that his type is more like Yuri or Jessi unnies. 

Sighing to myself quietly, "That's right. You are simply hoobae and sunbae. Friends at most. Nothing more..."

Hearing a cough, I looked up startled and once more looked sheepishly at my partner for zoning out again. 

"Jung Soojung, for zoning out during valuable practice time and extending what was supposed to only be a five minute break, you must be punished."

Gulping, I looked Donghyun oppa in the eyes warily and prepared for punishment. 

"W-what is my punishment?" 

Smirking playfully at me, Donghyun oppa responded, "Tsk tsk tsk. It involves the ice of course. However, your only question shouldn't have been what is your punishment, but when it shall be as well."

"Um, okay then. When is my punishment?"

With the same smirk, "Guess you'll have to find out won't you now? Now up! On the ice, we've wasted enough precious practice time dawdling here."

With that we both made our way back to the center of the rink and I proceeded to go through the motions and practice the usual exercises I did every day.

I was midway through practicing one of my spins when I heard some distance away, "It begins now!"

Startled, I looked around and before I could find Donghyun oppa, he found me first and I wound up in his arms.

"Punishment starts now. We're gonna practice some complex lifts, spins, and tricks. For this we're going to have to be a little close and intimate. You've been fine with it before with the simpler stuff, but I just wanted to make sure."

A little taken aback by how things had turned out, I merely nodded my head in permission.

"Okay then. This is gonna be tricky so don't say I didn't warn you. You might get hurt, no actually you probably will at least cuz of the soreness. Now, that we have that established. Do you trust me?"

With more assurance this time, I looked him in the eyes and said, "Of course. You know I do."

With that, he nodded, and said "Got it? Were my warnings clear?"

Gulping, and responding with less hesitation than before, "They were crystal."

"Good. Let's get this show on the road."

Finally full on smiling, he grabbed me tighter and started to arrange us into the first position for the trick to try out. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the partners were busy getting closer and practicing their moves, it was unknown to them that some friends had come to visit Krystal and had witnessed the whole interaction between the two. 

"Damn. They looked good together." 

"Agreed. Really good in fact."

Turning to each other, Amber and Key smiled softly while shaking their heads. 

"You know what means don't you?" Key asked playfully.

"Yeah. It means, Minho hyung is gonna have to step up his game if he's gonna want to try and win our princess's heart. Looks like he has competition now."

"Girl, he's always had competition. I mean look at her, how could he not? But seriously though, this competition is real and now there is an actual threat."

"Pshh. Good luck to them all. Our little princess is an ice princess after all. Let's see which one of them can make it into her heart first and stay there." Amber responded. 

Hearing laughter, the two refocused their attention back onto the ice where Donghyun and Krystal had just messed up a lift and were laughing at each other entangled in a pile of long limbs on the ground.

Turning back to Amber and chuckling, Key said "Hah. Well this should prove to be interesting... Let the games begin."

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I've been gone for like two years. Mianhe!

Uni has succeeded in kicking my and making me face reality a lot harded than I ever have before. 

Thus explaining the lack of updates in the past and why I might go AWOL again on occassion. 

Sorry bought that and hope you guys stick it out through the long-haul with me!

P.S. Storyline might change since I don't particularly ship the Minstal pairing that much anymore. 

Sorry again! 

Until next time, 

-Cole :)