Makeup Exams

Together

Omniscient POV

 

Sooyoung has been staring at the papers in front of her for a while now while frowning. Their exam just ended last week and now, their test papers were given back to them so they would see how they did.

As usual, Sooyoung and Taeyeon were hanging out inside their classroom, again, for their break.

"Hey..." Taeyeon used her pen to poke Sooyoung's cheeks. The taller girl is still staring at her test paper, looking like someone the life out of her.

"What's wrong, Soo? You've been staring at your test paper for a while now," Taeyeon said and peeked on Sooyoung's papers carefully. "Did you do well on your tests or..."

"Taengoo..."

Sooyoung turned to look at her friend lifelessly, which automatically scared the shorter girl, making her go a few steps back.

"S-Scary!!" Taeyeon joked. By then, she knew that Sooyoung didn't do well on the exam.

Sooyoung showed her papers to Taeyeon and the shorter girl checked it carefully.

"Hmm..."

There's this part that Taeyeon almost laugh out loud when she saw an answer on Sooyoung's history test.

"Why did North Korea cross the 38th Parallel and invade South Korea?

  I don't know. Maybe they're meaning to go to the 39th Parallel?  "

"Tae, please..." Sooyoung whined.

"S-Sorry..." Taeyeon stopped giggling. "It's just that you're not taking it seriously that's why you had to make it up."

"Why should I have a makeup exam?!" Sooyoung cried out, slumping her lifeless body on top of her desk.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica Jung's POV

 

I'm currently eating with my friends at the cafeteria. Sooyoung and I have been great this past few days but I can't hang out with her today.

Lately, I haven't seen her.

When I sent her a text about going home...

From: Sooyoungie 

Message: After club, I'll be in the library so go home without me. Sorries! ;__;

And the next day...

From: Sooyoungie

Message: Sorry. I'm in the library again so go home without me.

And the next day after that.

From: Sooyoungie

Message: Sorry m(- -)m

She's not usually someone who studies-- oh, scratch it, that's kinda horrible. But what happened?

I talked to Taeyeon at our frequent hang out and asked about Sooyoung.

"She got a bunch of her tests back. I guess it broke her to pieces!" Taeyeon started laughing. "She failed every subject!"

"But she's taken makeup exams before..." I said and took a sip of the tea I made. "She was fine then... What happened?"

"Next week's the makeup exams and I dunno..." Taeyeon replied and crossed her arms. "She probably had a lot of things in her mind."

"What is she thinking about?"

"No idea," Taeyeon shrugged and smiled. "You'll have to ask yourself."

Taeyeon said that, even though she's told me before that she knows everything about her.

"The tea was great!" she exclaimed, being a dork once again. She laughs boldly as usual.

It's no fair...

I hate this!

This is so unfair, I'm frustrated!

She said we'd have lots of time together this summer, too...

When my exams get close, school attendance is voluntary for 3rd years so I won't come to school that often...

It's getting harder and harder to see her...

Sooyoung, you liar.

Summer's going to end.

 

 

 

 

 

The next day...

 

"Sica!" 

I turned around to see Sooyoung waving at me gleefully. She ran to me and showed me her papers.

Woah, she studied hard...

"Tae told you, right? Look, I got high grades!" she grinned happily.

"Wow, that's amazing!" I smiled, feeling grateful. She really did well and I'm kinda relieved that all those days without her were actually worth waiting.

Classes ended and we're alone inside an empty classroom. Same classroom as before. Seems like it's abandoned now...

Since no one would interrupt, we finally have time together.

"I'm glad! Though, I'm upset that I had to take the makeup."

"Well, yeah. If you tried this hard on the real exams, you wouldn't have to take makeups..." I scolded her.

"But I tried really hard!" she said, grinning from ear to ear. "Taengoo even made a study schedule for me."

"But why... all of a sudden?"

"You were first on the school, right?" Sooyoung said. "And you're in A class, the really hard class everyone tries to get into..."

"And?"

"And that's when I thought, now Sica and her friends will be hanging out..." she muttered sadly. "I wondered, why would Jessica want a failure like me by her side?" 

"Sooyoung," I glared at her.

"If you do well then I'm sure everyone around you does well too, right?" she said and smiled at me. "I'm sure you'll do great at whatever you want to do in your future, Jessica."

I didn't answer as I just stared at her. She was smiling and seeing her like that was enough for me to smile too...

"But I don't even know what I want to do..." she continued and she suddenly held my hand. "But... But you know?"

I looked up at her as I listened intently.

"I really want to spend it by your side, Sica."

She held my hand tightly and gave me a warm smile.

"I have to try hard, so nobody will laugh at me when I'm with you."

"..."

"I decided that I'd start trying a little more," she lifted my hand up to her face and kissed the back of it. "You're going to graduate before me and be a part of the world..."

"Soo--"

"I don't want you to worry..." she smiled sweetly. "So I'll gain a little confidence in myself."

I kept listening, on every words she says, and I'm so glad I almost felt myself tearing up with her words.

"Are you crying?" she asked. "No way! You wouldn't cry! You still have a long way to go before graduation!" she joked.

I cry easily.

She worries a lot. 

So do I.

"But I am kind of worried," Sooyoung leaned back on the window. "How am I gonna woo you if you're not around?"

I giggled and also leaned back on the window beside her. 

"I'm... worried about that, too." Well, most especially to Sunny.

"Hey, Sica..." she called.

"Hmm?" I turned to her and she was smiling while staring at the ceiling.

"Do you wanna live together?"

I was speechless, I didn't know she would talk about this already.

"After I graduate, let's rent a room somewhere and live together!" she smiled happily. "Then we won't have to worry so much and nobody will get in our way."

Sooyoung...

Sometimes, she says things with such kindness and love that my heart stops.

"Soo..." I muttered as I tried to reach for her face and was about to aim for her lips when she suddenly stopped me by holding both my shoulders.

"S-Stop!!" she exclaimed. "You're not allowed to get any closer!"

"Why?" I whined cutely and pouted.

"I had gym today so..." she started fidgeting her fingers. "I'm kinda sweaty and I stink."

How cute.

"It can't be that..." I said as I tried moving closer to her again but then she hopped away from me. 

"No!!" 

We began running around inside the classroom, with me chasing her. Getting all irritated, I puffed my cheeks angrily and ran faster.

Yes, I am running.

"No! Seriously, don't!" she shouted but too late, I already pounced on her.

"Gotcha--"

"Wah!"

She lost her balance as she reached for the curtains, gripping it tightly for support. We almost fell down the floor and Sooyoung caught me by the waist to save me from planting my face to the ground.

"Hey, y-you okay?" she asked, sighing in relief.

"Yeah..." I answered as I held onto her shoulders.

"Drop your body down slowly--"

We heard a crack and suddenly, the curtain broke and fell. 

"Waaaah!"

We both fell down on the floor with the curtain on top of our body.

I fell down on top of Sooyoung and all the weight was on her so I quickly sat up and checked her. Her eyes were shut tight and she isn't moving at all.

"Sooyoung..." I began shaking her body. She didn't budge so I shook her body repeatedly. "Sooyoung!!"

"No..." I covered my mouth as tears flooded my vision. "Sooyoung... wake up! Wake up now!"

"..."

I checked her lower body if she has a bruise or something but there's none. 

"Oh no, she hit her head. The nurse--!"

When I looked back at her face, she's grinning. She noticed that I'm looking at her and smiled nervously.

"Oh no," she muttered and shut her eyes close again.

"Soo..." I lowered my head and reached for the nearest chair and lifted it up, ready to throw it at her.

"Ah, wait! wait!!!" 

"You!!!" I screamed angrily.

"I passed out for a second! I really did!"

"I'm going to smell you now!"

"Nooo! Stop! I'm sorry!!"

I put the chair back on its place again and straddled Sooyoung's lap. 

I leaned down and hugged her, snuggling closer to her neck. 

"Don't ever do that again.." I told her seriously. "I thought I almost lost you." 

"I'm sorry..."

"And yeah, you do kinda stink," I said as I snuggled closer.

"I told you..." she whined as I continued smelling her.

"But I still love you," I said as I look up at her.

We stared at each other for a while before laughing.

 

 

 

 

 

No One's POV

 

Both of them stayed on that same position, with Jessica on top of Sooyoung and the torn curtain on top of them. They enjoyed the moment for a while.

"Hmm..." Sooyoung touched Jessica's hair softly, twirling the ends of it.

"What is it?"

"The tips of your hair..." the taller girl mumbled. "Feel so smooth."

She can feel Jessica's breath tickling her neck as the girl continued laying kisses on it.

"Yeah..." Jessica said softly and looked up at Sooyoung. "You've never grown out your hair, right?"

"Nope," Sooyoung reached for her cheeks, caressing it softly. "My hair's probably hot all the way to the tips."

"Why?"

Sooyoung ignored the question as she pulled Jessica for a kiss. The older girl responded quickly as they started making out.

"Sica... Your lips..." Sooyoung muttered in between kisses. "They are warm too..."

They continued kissing and deepened it until it became fierce, making both of them pull out for air.

They stared at each other for a while.

"Youngie..."

"Sica..."

After a few seconds, they kissed again and did more and more, spending each seconds, enjoying each other's warmth.

 

The sound of the cicadas in the distance and the silence that filled the classroom after they quieted down...

"Sooyoung..."

The firm texture of the torn curtain and the slight scent of sweat...

"You taste sweet, Jessica..."

They're all memories of a happy time.

"I love you..."

"I love you more..."

Like that, the summer ended and they never thought that a time would come when they'd grew apart.

 

 

 


I was actually planning to write a rated M chapter but then I realized maybe some of you are not ready. And after all, I'm still young but... check out my other fanfic, it was a collection of SooSic(mostly) and SooFany . lol.

Sorry if I haven't updated for like... years?? XD when I should be updating quickly like how I used to in the first place. But I dunno, I'm having headaches and mood swings these past few days so I can't manage to finish what I was writing and had to continue it the other day. But stay loyal, please (lol). Without the support that you're giving me guys, I might never finish this one but I decided, I'll try harder to insist myself to finish this. Okay, my speech is too long now, so...

Kindly wait for the next chapter! I dunno when... if I'm in a good condition, maybe? Well, I am but... yeah.

P.S: My birthday is on April 23. The best gift I could ask from you guys is to stay loyal to me. Hihi.

Bbye~ ^.^