End

Together

Omniscient POV

 

"Hyo!!!"

Sooyoung ran towards the girl and immediately tackled her in a hug, crying as the other girl erupted in laughter and hugged the younger girl tighter.

"T-Thanks Soo," Hyoyeon breathily said as she continuously pat the girl's back, calming her down.

"Congrats on your graduation!" Sooyoung said in teary eyes as she pulled out of the hug and bowed to Hyoyeon and the rest of the seniors of basketball team.

"We're leaving the club in your hands..."

"But I could have been club president just fine, you know!" Sooyoung pouted as she recalled their final club meeting, with her being appointed as the new vice president.

"No, I think vice president suits you well..." Hyoyeon said and laughed awkwardly. She noticed the flowers that Sooyoung has been holding. "Soo, what's that flower for?"

"Oh?" Sooyoung looked down to her hands and blushed.

"You already gave flowers to all the third-years in club, right?" Hyoyeon asked as Sooyoung scratch her head in embarrassment.

"I'm kinda nervous about it..."

"About what?"

"Err, I'm giving this to someone who's going away for a really long time..." Sooyoung muttered sadly. "This could be the end..."

 

 

 

 

Jessica took her phone out and started punching numbers in, dialling a certain person. She paused for a while and looked at the caller's ID, sighing. Then suddenly, before she could even call the number, there was an incoming call and it's the person she's supposed to call.

"Oh, I thought I heard your cellphone!"

Jessica jumped out of fear when she saw Sooyoung appear at the back of the tree she's currently standing in earlier. She gripped her phone tightly and closed it, putting it back inside her pocket.

"S-Sooyoung?"

"Your speech was really great, Pres," Sooyoung said and smiled warmly, giving Jessica the same feeling she felt whenever she hangs out with Sooyoung before.

"I don't think I've ever seen you wear your uniform properly," Jessica mumbled shyly, looking up to Sooyoung's face.

"It's just for today," Sooyoung giggled. "You sure studied hard for your exams. How'd they go?"

"I don't know yet... but I think I did well."

There was silence as both of them stared at their feet, unable to utter words to each other. This was the first time they talked to each other, after everything that has happened. All the emotions rushed back in as they felt the atmosphere began to tense up.

"Sooyoung" / "Sica-ah"

They said at the same time as both of them blushed. They paused again before Sooyoung breaks the silence.

"I had a lot of fun," the taller girl said, not wanting to look at Jessica. 

"Yeah..." Jessica said quietly, also not wanting to look up at the taller girl.

"I won't forget you..."

"Neither will I..."

Sooyoung then brought out the flowers she's been holding earlier and handed it to Jessica as they both finally looked at each others' faces.

"Congratulations on you graduation."

"T-Thanks..."

Jessica was the first one to walk away as Sooyoung stayed on her position, watching the blonde's back. Watching her leave like that once again opened Sooyoung's wound once again as she felt a tear ran down her cheeks. She gritted her teeth and balled her fist and before she knew it, she ran and held the older girl's wrist, stopping her from walking further.

"Jessica!" she shouted, gripping her wrist tightly. "Is this the end for us?!"

Jessica didn't know what to feel at the time, whether to feel sad and lonely that they will be separated to each other or happy that Sooyoung's trying to talk her out of it.

"It can't be, right?" Sooyoung continued, her tears started flowing rapidly. "And even if this is the end right now..."

Sooyoung turned Jessica around to face her and saw the blonde crying as well. 

"Would it be okay..." Sooyoung took a deep breath. "...if I fell in love with you again?"

Jessica immediately wrapped her arms around Sooyoung's neck, burying her face and crying loudly inside the taller girl's arms. She felt extremely happy to hear those words again from the younger girl as Sooyoung laughed softly and hugged her back.

"I'm sorry I was so scared to call you..." Jessica mumbled, still sobbing.

"It's okay, I was scared too..." Sooyoung smiled and held Jessica's chin, pulling her into a kiss.

 

 

 

 

Later that night, Sooyoung spent her night in Jessica's place, both wearing animal-printed pajamas as they were seated on the floor. Sooyoung was leaning on the bed as she wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist as the shorter girl sat in between her legs. They had been talking and catching up with each other.

"Ms. Song was my home tutor when she was in her second year of college," Jessica said as she leaned back to Sooyoung's chest. 

"Uh-huh," Sooyoung mumbled, looking at Jessica's legs. "Your legs are so round, Sica..."

"Really?" Jessica wondered as well as she turned to look at her own legs. "So anyway, Ms. Song had a bad mouth and never smiled. After three months, I can't get used to it."

"..."

"I had a loud personality, like an over-enthusiastic manager..."

"Ah, really?" Sooyoung snorted and laughed, only to get elbowed in the stomach.

"I paid a lot of attention to her," Jessica continued. "And then, after a whole year, one day..."

14-year-old Jessica delightfully answered the problem that was given to her by her tutor, Victoria, and grinned widely after answering it right.

"Here, Ms. Song!" she said and handed her notebook to the older woman. After checking her notebook, Victoria smiled and ruffled the younger girl's hair.

"Good job, Jessica."

"Don't I get any reward for being a good student?" Jessica pouted as she looked at Victoria, hoping that her aegyo would be effective. Instead of expecting words like 'fine, I'll treat you somewhere' or 'an early dismissal for today,' Jessica didn't expect the next thing that happened.

Victoria was kissing her. And it only took her a matter of seconds before she pushed the older woman away, Victoria falling down the floor with a loud thud. She furiously wiped her lips, staring angrily at the older woman who in turn, looked at her smilingly.

"You wanted a reward then that's your reward."

"And, well, I'm sure I would have reacted differently now, but I was a kid back then..." Jessica finished, fidgeting. She turned towards Sooyoung and just as what she expected, the girl's looking at her like a big boulder just hit her right on her head.

"Ms. Vic, you sure caused a lot of damage with that..." Sooyoung muttered, weirded out by the image of Victoria kissing Jessica's lips. Jessica just laughed as she pecked Sooyoung's lips.

"Then, without saying anything," Jessica continued. "She left."

"Yeah..." Sooyoung sighed as she wrapped her arms around Jessica once again, snuggling her head in Jessica's neck. "Anyway, Ms. Vic's a pretty messed up person."

Jessica nodded as she enjoyed Sooyoung showering her kisses on her neck when suddenly the girl stopped and sat up straightly.

"Wait, that means I didn't take your first kiss!" Sooyoung cried out as she playfully sobbed, causing Jessica to panic and hug her by the neck.

"I-It was an accident so it doesn't count!" Jessica pleaded as she hugged Sooyoung tightly, hoping the girl would stop sulking. Sooyoung was enjoying it when Jessica tried pursuading her by doing sweet things to her, like kissing her cheeks repeatedly and pulling her closer.

After that, we talked for a long time about a lot of different things.

All the things that had happened until now, all the things we'd felt, and how things would be from now on...

I'll let you in on how the future turned out. Sooyoung thought.

 

 

 

 

Choi Sooyoung's POV

 

Days, weeks, months, and years had passed...

Taeyeon went to college and majored in Economics. After she graduated, she got married to Tiffany. They started a clothing business and next year, they're gonna open their second shop in the city.

As for Hyoyeon, she started working in a travel agency as a secretary. I heard she controlled the office and lived just like she had in high school.

And Ms. Vic... I don't know. She left after doing her time at our school and that's all we know...

And lastly, well... 

I focused on my sport and went to a sporting school. It's been a year since I graduated and I've become a teacher...

"High school girls are the worst!" I exclaimed as I sat down the sofa, exhausted after work. "They don't listen to anything anyone says!"

Jessica walked towards me and handed me a cup of coffee, which automatically soothes my nerves up.

"We were never that bad..." 

"No, we were," Jessica chuckled. "High school girls think that anyone who's already graduated is an alien, huh?"

Jessica went to a school overseas and works for a publishing company. She wants to be a translator in the future.

"Anyways, to think that I'm a teacher... must be the end of the world," I mumbled, lazily resting my legs on top of the table in front of me.

"Yeah," Jessica smiled. "I didn't think I was gonna be this busy, too..."

I laughed and reached out to ruffle her hair gently, which made Jessica pout.

The future that we planned out back in our high school days... 

I wonder, are we close to getting there?

"Hey, Sica," I turned to look at her as she arched her brows at me. "Let's go on a trip!"

She hummed in response and smiled.

"I don't care where it is, as long as it's sunny!" I exclaimed. "I wanna soak up a ton of sun!"

"Sounds good."

Even now, I don't know where we'll be in five years, or in ten years.

But...

I know we'll always be together.

"We've gotta start saving up, then," I smiled brightly. "We just bought a new apartment and all."

"Ah, jeez, let me dream a little!"

We both laughed as we leaned close to share a passionate kiss, finally enjoying a life with each others' company.

 

 


 

Fin :)

I decided not to write any more stories because I at it lol this story is inspired to one of my favorite yuri manga, “Candy.” Now, you can read it since I’m done with the story to give you a wider imagination. I changed archery to basketball :)

Anyway, go subscribe to my one-shots instead. It's my league HAHAHAHA

Ja~ I love you guys, thanks for supporting this fanfic :D