Real Beginning

Together

Choi Sooyoung's POV



How... How did things end up like this?

An activity for school beautification members is to clean up the school in group of two and my partner is no other than... Jessica Jung. We're alone together.

Just not my day... and she looked so calm. Back then, I didn't feel like I had to give an answer to her confession. But being alone with her now...

I was holding the plastic bag for us and I spotted a can on the ground. As I was about to pick it up, I touched her hand instead. We both retrieved our hands immediately because of the physical contact. 

"I'm sorry..." she said. "Just throw it away for me then."

"Y-Yeah..." I picked up the can and put it inside the plastic bag. When I was about to stand up, I heard the plastic bag ripped. I looked down and saw that there's a small branch of tree stuck in it and it was pretty sharp to create a really big hole to our plastic bag.

"Oh no..." I muttered as I sat down on the ground. "Maybe if I tie it..."

Jessica's just watching me and I got a bit nervous and-- Holy moly, when I gripped at both ends, the hole got bigger. 

"We can't reuse this..." I said to her. She stared at me for a while before nodding.

As I was about to walk away and throw the plastic bag, she spoke behind me. 

"I'm sorry..."

I turned to her and smiled. "No, it's my fault. I didn't notice it got stuck--"

"I'm sorry 'cause I bet you're acting weird because I said that weird thing to you."

Weird thing?

"I think I'm in love with you."

"T-That's--"

"Just forget about it. I was nervous and it was just a joke," she said. I looked at her and she's just staring at the ground.

Ah, I knew it was a joke...

But what about what Taeyeon told me yesterday? That Jessica Jung's serious about it?

"So, uh, don't worry about it, okay?" she said and forced a smile at me. This became really awkward.

"Jessica-ssi..." I called, just after she turned her back at me.

"I should apologize too," I started, smiling, eventhough she can't see it. "For making things weird between us."

She turned towards me and by the looks of it, she seemed surprised. Then, she smiled at me. Angelic.

"Let's throw this away together!" I said as I showed the ripped plastic bag. She slowly nodded as we walk to the nearest trash can.


 

 

 


Omniscient POV
 


An hour or so, they've finished cleaning and decided to walk around, stopping just in front of a big tree. They sat under the shade side by side, silence seeping around them.

"Jessica-ssi, why did you said that thing to me?" Sooyoung said, breaking the silence between them.

"Hmm?"

"I mean, the confession..." the taller girl stuttered. "I was wondering why you'd say that to someone like me... I'm not really special or anything."

Jessica looked at the taller girl surprisingly. "What?"

"Why? what?"

"Are you seriously asking me that?

"The what?" the taller girl confusingly asked.

"In May, you made our school popular because of your basketball team," Jessica said, surprised of the fact that Sooyoung wasn't aware of her popularity. "You were chosen to represent the school!"

"Yes, I was... how did I get special there?" 

"You were a jock! Don't you know that no one ever saw you missed a shot? Everyone admired you!" Jessica said with so much excitement.

"Woah, Jessica-ssi! I didn't know you knew that!" Sooyoung exclaimed and grinned.

Jessica bit her lip, blushing. "I am the president, s-so..." she tried to cover up, hiding her face from the all-smiling Sooyoung. Realizing she's showing a bit of her side she's too embarrassed to show to Sooyoung, she blushed furiously.

Jessica is the type of person to be all calm and mysterious and for Sooyoung, she's surprised to see that she has a cheerful side too.

Sooyoung chuckled when she found out Jessica was getting shy. She leaned in closer to Jessica and stared at her seriously.

"You know Jessica-ssi, I was thinking about this before but..."

Sooyoung leaned closer and it caught Jessica off-guard, feeling her heartbeat speed up. Sooyoung went really close to her and Jessica giddily watched Sooyoung's face, staring more at her eyes

"Your skin is really pale..."

"Uhm..." Jessica mumbled lowly. Sooyoung's dark brown orbs is slowly trapping her.

"Look," Sooyoung brought her hand towards her and touched her ears.  "Even your ears are red..."

Jessica shivered at the touch and reddened more.

"That must ..." Sooyoung unknowingly slid her hand, holding the side of Jessica's cheek gently. "Do you get sunburned easily?"

"S-Sooyoung..." Jessica mumbled, feeling like she's about to explode right at the moment.

"Yeah?"

"Th-The truth is..."

Jessica was about to take it all back and say that she wasn't joking about the confession.

Before she could continue, the wind got stronger and the tree swayed, causing some of the spider's web on the branch fall right on top of Sooyoung's hair.

"Ahhh!" Sooyoung jumped and started ruffling her hair to get it off. "The hell, goddamn wind! There's a spider web on my hair!" she exclaimed and started panicking.

Jessica was too mesmerized about what happened earlier and took a few seconds to snap out and see the current situation.

She's so cute! Jessica thought as she can't help but laugh at Sooyoung.

Sooyoung turned to her. "Jessica-ssi?"

"Sit down, I'll get it for you," Jessica said and smiled at her.

Sooyoung had agape for a while before she obeyed and sat back down. She never really saw Jessica smile like that nor laugh before. She realized that today, Jessica showed a lot of sides to her. 

Jessica kneeled behind Sooyoung and helped her out by taking the spider web stuck on her hair. Sooyoung lowered her head more, so that Jessica could take it easily.

"Thanks..." Sooyoung mumbled. "I thought you'd hate spider web or stuff like that..."

"Really?"

"It seems like you'd just run away from them, screaming 'kyaaa' or something..." Sooyoung told her and laughed. 

Jessica chuckled but then, her eyes landed on Sooyoung's slender neck. She blushed and saw how Sooyoung's sweat dropped down her neck. She knows it was summer and all yet seeing just that made her gulp. Her neck was inviting.

Unaware of her actions, she didn't noticed that she leaned down and kissed Sooyoung's neck as she quickly rubbed the spot where she kissed, making it look like she just blowed a spider web or something. That's silly.

She didn't react anymore and distanced herself a bit. "Okay, I got it," she said calmly, yet still panicking on the inside.

Sooyoung's eyes widened as she placed her hand on her neck. She turned around and saw Jessica smiling widely at her.

"What's wrong?" Jessica smiled, pretending like nothing happened.

"N-Nothing..." 


 

 

 


Choi Sooyoung's POV



Our last subject ended minutes ago and I'm here inside the classroom with Taeyeon once again, hanging out for a bit. Well, we do have another practice later but I already promised that I'll watch the time.

What happened earlier struck me once again and I slowly brought my hand on my neck, touching that invisible spot.

Why'd she kissed my neck? I know I shouldn't let it off like that but... why did I?

And it felt warm... and a little wet.

If she's taking advantage, I should be mad but... why I'm not?

Is it because she told me that she's just joking about the confession?

"What's wrong with your neck, Soo?" Taeyeon said, reaching out to touch my neck as I quickly slapped her hand away.

"Don't touch it!" I quickly snapped, shocking her a bit.

"What the hell's wrong with you?" she kissed the back of her hand and pouted.

I stared before laughing apologetically. "Sorry, sorry... just don't touch it."

She scoffed beside me and continued whatever she's doing.

I was getting excited...

I know she's not kidding about the confession...

And to think that she likes me back...

I think I really need to confess later on.
 

 

 

 


Jessica Jung's POV
 


She probably thought that was weird. I wonder if she figured it out...

Of course she did. I'm so stupid!

"Geez, why did I go and do that in the first place?!" I screamed in my mind as I shook my head, blushing furiously.

I'm heading out of the school and I've been thinking of what I did earlier and felt so embarrassed.

I remembered what Taeyeon-ssi told me...

"Sooyoung doesn't like you, okay? Not one bit."

I know that. I wasn't expecting anything back from her when I asked her out but...

If I could get closer to her...

If I were just a little closer to her, then...

Is it even right to want to be closer to her?

Just by thinking about the fact that I'm in love with her, I feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin.

I feel guilty... that was totally ual harrassment! 

As I was about to take another step away, I heard someone calling me from behind.

"Jessica!" 

That voice...

I turned around and saw Sooyoung running towards me. "Jessica-ssi!"

She stopped in front of me and gasped for air. She was panting heavily and drenched in her own sweat, which doesn't lessen her being good-looking.

"Wh-What is it?" I stuttered. "You're still in your jersey..." It looks good on you though...

"There's..." she started and took one, last, deep breath, "...something I got to make sure of."

"Make sure of?" 

"About the time when you asked me out..." she said as she stood up straight. Her expression turned into a serious one and once again, I'm slowly drawn in her eyes. 

Oh God, her eyes...

"Th-That was just--" I stuttered and turned away from her, blushing once again. "You know, just forget it-"

"When you said it was a joke, I was really shocked!" 

I looked up at her and wondered. What is she trying to say now?

"My friend even told me that maybe you were just teasing me..." she continued. "But I still thought how I'd respond to it and..."

"..."

"Would it be okay if I fell in love with you, Jessica?"

It took me a few seconds to cope up with what she said until I felt a tear running down my face.

I'm crying... I can't believe this is happening.

"Yah, don't cry--"

I cut her off and hugged her tightly by the neck, snuggling on her closely. Her body stiffened for a while before she relaxed and slowly wrapped her arms around my waist, taking everything as a yes.

 

 

 



Omniscient POV



"So... what happened yesterday?"

"What are you so worked up about, Taeng? Stop creeping me out..." 

Sooyoung sighed as Taeyeon kept staring at her. When the older girl is curious about something, she likes creeping the hell out of people until they give up and tell the truth.

"I've been hearing it everywhere!" Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "What happened yesterday? How do I not know?!"

Sooyoung just ignored her and it only annoyed Taeyeon. She pounced on the taller girl and gave her a headlock.

"Geez, you really piss me off!"

"Let g-go, Taeng!"

"What happened yesterday? Tell me!!"

"Ack!"

Taeyeon didn't stop headlocking her and Sooyoung was running out of air when she saw Jessica passing by the hallway.

"Jessica! Jessica!" she called as she got out of Taeyeon and quickly ran to the blonde.

Jessica turned around sweetly, which made Taeyeon gawk.

"Yes, Sooyoung?"

Sooyoung stood beside her as Taeyeon followed and stood in front of them.

"Jessica, you haven't met Taeyeon right? She's my childhood friend!" Sooyoung introduced happily, forgetting the fact that Taeyeon's gonna headlock her again. She just stood closer to Jessica and tugged on her blouse like a little child.

Taeyeon and Jessica looked at each other awkwardly, remembering their meeting before. "N-Nice to meet you..."

Sooyoung smiled at Jessica but then she noticed something on the blonde's shoulder.

"Ah, your shoulder!"

"Huh?" Jessica looked at her shoulder and her expression went down from composed to horrified.

"There's a spider!" Sooyoung pointed and smiled at her.

Few seconds later, Jessica's dolphin scream was heard throughout the building.

"Get it off of me!!!"

Sooyoung got surprised as she quickly flicked the spider off Jessica's shoulder and tried to calm down the blonde.

"Wh-What's wrong Jessica, I thought you're okay with spiders?"

"I hate them! I really hate them!" Jessica exclaimed, teary-eyed. "Back then, I just wanted to touch your--"

Jessica stopped when she realized what she's about to say.

"N-Never mind..."

Sooyoung was really surprised by Jessica's new way of acting around her. She smiled and ruffled her hair.

"It's okay now, don't worry."

Jessica turned away as her face was all red, getting embarrassed from her action earlier.

"Heh? Now I understand," Taeyeon scoffed as she stared at the two, acting all sweet, ignoring the fact that Taeyeon's just standing in front of them. She smiled afterwards, happy for the new couple.

Luckily, the classes just ended and no one saw them. Else, they will be in trouble.

 

 

 

 


 

Hi, how are you? Lol.

There, they're together! All I need is to write some moments of them as a new couple! ^^

Kindly wait for the next chapters, it's the start of their relationship and I promise to make it oddly sweet :3

Byeee~ (^_^)/