Is it over?

Together

Omniscient POV

 

"Sorry to do this to you when you already have someone in your heart..."

Victoria pushed Sooyoung down the bed as she straddled the younger girl's lap, pinning both arms above her head. 

"Ms. Vic..."

"But I've watched you tried for so long..." Victoria softly said, leaning down the girl's cheek, placing a light kiss. "Somewhere along the line, I fell for you..."

Sooyoung remained silent as she stared at the older woman. She breathes heavily but stayed on their position. She didn't try to get out of the teacher's grip as she just watches Victoria's face, wondering what's going on in the older woman's mind.

"I'm an adult and a teacher... but none of that matters here," Victoria smiled, a smile that Sooyoung's been trying to read ever since their first encounter. "As long as it's for you, I don't care what happens to me," Victoria whispered as she headed for the younger girl's lips.

Sooyoung widened her eyes and turned her head to the side, Victoria's lips landing to her cheeks again. Sooyoung felt tears building up at the corner of her eyes.

"We have to do it for each other's sake..." Sooyoung mumbled. She cried quietly, shocking Victoria that she stopped whatever she's about to do.

"Huh?"

"That's what Jessica told me," Sooyoung told the woman as she pushed her gently and sat up. "I didn't understand it then, but I get it now."

Victoria didn't say anything as she listened closely. 

"Throwing yourself away for someone... that's not love," Sooyoung defended, reaching for her shirt to wear it back again. Victoria just watched her as she went to get her stuff.

"I don't understand, Sooyoung..."

"I don't either, Ms. Vic," Sooyoung said, smiling. "I would never look at the person I love in that kind of way."

Somewhere inside Victoria's heart, she felt a crack. Her expression turned blank as she looks at the girl who's about to head out. Sooyoung stopped and turned back to Victoria once again.

"Do you really love me, Ms.Vic?"

"Go," Victoria said coldly. "Get out of here."

Sooyoung sighed and gave her the brightest smile. "Thanks for putting up with me this whole time. I won't come here anymore."

Sooyoung left the room, closing the door behind her, leaving Victoria alone. Victoria stared at the door for a long time before she stood up, gathering all her strength to punch the wall, letting out all her anger.

"How stupid!"

 

 

 

Choi Sooyoung's POV

 

Because my head was filled with a little bit of unhappiness... 

I lost sight of what was in front of me.

I ran faster as I reached the basketball court. No one was in there as I went to the storage room to get a ball. I started dribbling the ball in my hands and ran towards the ring.

The words Taeyeon said about me...

The words Jessica said to me...

They said them because they cared.

The ball got inside the ring as I smiled, feeling like myself once again. Then I heard someone clapping as I turned to the source of it, seeing Hyoyeon standing at the door, smiling widely.

"Next week's the primaries for the prefecture-wide competition," she said as she started walking towards me. Then she stole the ball and dribbled it all the way to the ring, jumped, and threw the ball inside. She turned back to me and passed the ball. "It doesn't matter when, just come to practice! Everyone's waiting for you to come back, even coach!"

I held the ball tightly, looking at Hyoyeon as she continued smiling at me. 

"I might not make it in time..." I muttered.

"I believe in you, Soo. We all do."

 

 

 

Omniscient POV

 

Sooyoung continuously became the 3-point-shooter of the day as everyone kept praising her, happy that she's back on the team.

"Hey, did you hear Choi Sooyoung's back?"

"What was she doing all the time she was out?"

"Didn't you hear? She was resting on the nurse's office!"

"Oh, is that rumor true?"

"You mean the one about her doing it with the nurse?"

The rumor she kept hearing were unstoppable as she passed by the crowd of girls in the hall, the stories being revived over and over again. Sooyoung didn't pay much attention as she kept improving herself in terms of studying and being the MVP of the basketball team.

"You went up 50 ranks at once!" Taeyeon exclaimed, showing the ranks in front of Sooyoung's face. "What kind of cheat did you use?!"

"I'm at full strength right now," Sooyoung mightily said, proud of her improvement. "Full strength!"

"Well, as long as you get it now," Taeyeon said, handing the paper back to Sooyoung. "I heard you're looking good for the competition and you might get back on the regulars list, huh?"

Sooyoung nodded happily as the shorter girl tackled her. 

"If you could do it all along, just do it from the start!" Taeyeon scolded, head-locking Sooyoung as the girl tried to get out of her grip.

"I-It's hard for me to do it without s-some sort of pressure!" Sooyoung breathlessly said before Taeyeon finally let go of her. The shorter girl sighed as she looked at Sooyoung seriously.

"Have you talked to her?" she asked. "You haven't texted her at all lately, have you?"

Sooyoung smiled sadly.

"I haven't. She's really busy right now and it's important that she does well..." she muttered, walking ahead of Taeyeon. "I don't want to bother her over something like this and she told me that we should keep our distance and she hasn't called it off yet..."

"Just be honest, you're scared to talk to her, right?" Taeyeon poked the taller girl's back as Sooyoung turned to her. "There's that weird rumor going around too and she's bound to have heard it by now yet she still hasn't heard from you."

"..."

"She might think you've given up on her."

Taeyeon panicked as she saw Sooyoung about to cry. "Hey--"

"Taengoo, you're a horrible person!" Sooyoung cried out, the shorter girl looking at her weirdly.

"You don't seem to see the situation like I do, so I had to tell you."

 

 

 

Choi Sooyoung's POV

 

Someone told me a little while ago...

"Two girls going out? Must be the magic of an all girls' school. Graduation ends it all."

I don't know if that's true or not.

Keeping our distance from each other was actually easy.

I just realized just how much danger our relationship was in.

That precious, precious time that we spent together seems like a mirage created by the summer heat.

Jessica...

Jessica...

What are you thinking right now?

Is our relationship over?

 

 


 

Bleh.