Broken

Together

Choi Sooyoung's POV

 

"Hey, Soo. Is this the bag you opened this morning?!" Taeyeon showed the convenience store's plastic bag that I was holding earlier, lifting it up to see that the bag became useless. I didn't pay much attention as I stared at my phone the whole time, literally ignoring Taeyeon.

"Christ," she exclaimed, staring closely at me. "Are you trying to drown your sorrows in them or something?"

Sigh. I'm just so... restless. And broken, mostly.

"I think it'd be best if we just stayed away from each other."

Jessica...

What did you mean when you said that?

This isn't the end for us... right?

"Hey, stop texting! Come on, let me see your quiz," Taeyeon nags me as she waves her hand in front of my face. "I'll help you with the corrections."

I sighed and looked at her, smiling apologetically. 

"I don't really feel like it today, so let's not do it," I said. I'm just not in the mood to do anything anymore. "I guess the faculty meeting's over by now..."

I stood up and pulled my bag with me, hinting that I'm going. 

"Soo!" Taeyeon pounded the table. "You've really changed recently."

"..."

"Do you like older women or something?" she cautiously asked, staring at me intently.

"Don't be dumb, Taeng," I chuckled and head out the door. "That's not what it is."

"At least look me in the eye, you idiot."

I just left the classroom without saying bye or anything and headed to the clinic.

 

 

"So, did you get a reply?"

I sat down the bed as I faced Ms. Vic, then sighed. It didn't take me long to get to the nurse's office as Taeyeon also left the moment I went out of the classroom.

"I texted her just like you told me to," I mumbled sadly. "But I haven't gotten anything..."

Ms. Vic turned around and went back to arranging some papers on her desk, clicking her tongue.

"Well, don't lose faith yet," she muttered as she continued doing her work. I didn't even care anymore if I'm being a burden or what but for the last few days, I've been spending my time in the nurse's office a lot and talking to Ms. Vic. She told me anyway that it's alright and I'm kinda glad that there's someone that could listen and understand me.

"If I keep sending them texts, they'll think about me, right?" I asked as I turned at the small corner of the room, anxiously thinking of what to do next to get Jessica back. "Maybe I'm writing them in a weird way... maybe I'm annoying them--"

"It's okay," she cuts me off and turned back at me. "If they really love you, then your texts won't be annoying."

"But--"

Ms. Vic reached for my hand and rubbed it softly, calming me down. 

"Don't give up. You'll get through to them."

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah... that's right."

She smiled back. I felt thankful. Thankful that I finally have someone to talk to.

"Every time I try to tell Taeyeon about it," I started, remembering my conversations with Taeyeon lately. "She always tell me to keep studying. I have nobody else to talk about this..."

Ms. Vic just chuckled as she continued listening to me.

"The only place I can come to feel better... is here."

"You flatter me."

From a distance, I heard sounds of the basketball. The sadness crept over me again as I stared down the ground.

"I still don't feel like going to the club..."

"You don't have to force yourself to go, you know. Don't force yourself to do things when you don't feel like doing them, okay?" Ms. Vic said, smiling widely at me. "Just think of it as recharging your batteries. Alright?"

"Okay!"

 

 

 

Omniscient POV

 

The basketball team started practicing as everyone focused on their improvement when Hyoyeon was called by their coach.

"Club president!" their coach shouted, immediately getting everyone's attention. Hyoyeon ran towards the older woman. "Where's Choi Sooyoung?!"

"Oh, about that!" Hyoyeon brought out the club's attendance, looking through the dates. "I couldn't get in touch with her today..."

"'Today'? Don't you mean 'Again'?!" their coach said frustratingly. "She's skipped four days after I took her off the regular list... that goddamn newbie!"

Hyoyeon's ears perked up as she heard that.

"Oh, I mean--"

Their coach was cut off when Hyoyeon got mad and went to lecturing their coach instead.

"Coach, we learn to respect here! Don't swear!"

"I'm sorry, Hyoyeon-ssi, I'm sorry," their coach repeatedly bowed down as everyone laughed at the funny scene.

"I guess the Pres is still in charge," one of them said before returning back to their practice.

 

 

 

Jessica Jung's POV

 

From: Sooyoung

Message: I wanna see you, Sica.

I scrolled through my inbox as I read one of Sooyoung's text messages.

"If she's texting me now, that means she's not in the club..." I mumbled, sighing as I turned off my phone and put it inside my bag.

"Are you texting the same person, again?" Yoona suddenly appeared, taking the seat beside me. "You've been getting a lot of texts, it's kinda worrying me..."

"Don't worry, I'm okay."

Everyone got inside the class as our teacher went in, starting the class right away.

I didn't seem to listen to the lectures for the past few days as my mind is occupied with a lot of things happening lately.

Sooyoung...

She knows that I'm getting tutored right now yet she keeps messaging me.

She's not thinking about how I feel at all.

And she's never texted me this much before...

The image of the crying Sooyoung came back and my heart felt ruined.

Is she... chasing after me?

From: Sooyoung

Message: Where are you right now?

And...

From: Sooyoung

Message: What are you doing?

And another...

From: Sooyoung

Message: I wanna talk to you...

That's not her at all.

She wouldn't try to bombard me with texts like that...

It's really not like her...

So who's telling her to do this?

 

 

 

 

"Huh?!" Taeyeon snapped. "You think it's me, huh?!"

I tried to shushed her as we talk at the corridors but she kept shouting. "Taeyeon, please..."

"That's annoying! You think I'd tell her to do that?!"

"Yeah, you're right, it can't be you," I laughed nervously, looking around if anyone heard us just now. Luckily, anyone seems to be having their class.

"Jeez, don't drag me out for stuff like this!" Taeyeon continued lecturing me as I tried to calm her down. "I'm not even you friend!"

Some students suddenly pass by at us.

"'Drag me out'...?"

"Should we call a teacher?"

They started looking at us weirdly, their expression assuming that the school's president is trying to talk to a type B problem student, like president duties. When Taeyeon heard that, she got more mad and shooed the students away.

"I don't know your phone number so I couldn't text you..." I went back to out conversation as I scratched my head apologetically. "I'm just wondering whoever that person who'd give advice to Sooyoung..."

Taeyeon finally calmed down and started thinking. "Well, there's Sunny..."

"But there's no way she'd tell Soo to text me," I said and pouted.

"Right, you've got a point," she nodded and suddenly looked at me seriously. "Then it's gotta be that new lady in the nurse's office."

Huh..?

New lady? In the nurse's office?

"She's gotten attached to this new teacher for some reason," Taeyeon started explaining. "She's always hanging around the nurse's office now."

"..."

"Uhh, ," she muttered nervously. "I'm sure she hasn't told her everything about you two, I guess?"

"Hmm..."

"So what are you gonna do?" she asked, crossing her arms above her chest. "Are you gonna break up with Sooyoung?"

What am I gonna do...

She's changed and probably, seeing someone else now...

"Hold on," Taeyeon started panicking when she saw me tearing up from the idea of breaking up with Sooyoung. "Don't say anything!"

"I don't think I... want to break up with her," I muttered slowly. "But we've got to get out lives sorted out... if we don't, then this love we share won't be able to go on much longer..."

 

 

 

 

Choi Sooyoung's POV

 

"Trust me, Sooyoung."

"With everyday that goes by, send a text to her, like a machine..."

"This place is gentle and comfortable."

I don't want to hear anything.

I don't want to think about anything.

"I think it'd be best for us..."

Why did she say that...?

I didn't care what happened to me...

As long as I was with Jessica...

 

 

 

 

Omniscient POV

 

"Victoria..."

"Long time no see."

The two stopped in front of each other. The short-haired woman tried to reach the girl's face but to no avail, her hand was slapped off.

"You're so cold, Sica-ah," the teacher pouted and rubbed her hand, as if the hit was painful. "You knew I was coming to this school, but you never came to see me..."

"Vic--"

"You've gotten so pretty, Sica-ah," Victoria reached out again to touch the girl. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Please, Victoria--"

"Your skin's so smooth..." the older woman purred as she pulled the girl towards her, hugging her by the waist, surprising the latter from the sudden action. "I'm kind of jealous, you know?"

"Please, s-stop!"

"Knowing that someone gets you all to themselves..." the teacher went closer to the younger girl's ear and whispered. "I am really jealous of her... Choi Sooyoung."

Jessica's eyes shot open as she pushed the older woman away, utterly disgusted. "Let go!"

Victoria laughed and her lips.

"I saw you walking around together, all lovey-dovey. Everyone could see how well you got along."

"I heard that Sooyoung's been going in and out of the nurse's office lately. Is her strange behavior because of you?!"

"Who knows?" Victoria chuckled.

"Did you do something to her?!"

"As a faculty member, I just gave her some advice," Victoria smirked, which made Jessica angrier.

"Are you still mad about what happened back then?" Jessica asked. Victoria's lips curved into a frown as she walked pass Jessica.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said before disappearing, leaving the younger girl in aghast.

 

 

 

 

"Ms. Vic!" Sooyoung greeted as soon as she saw the woman enter the nurse's office. "I'm sorry to barge in all by myself."

Victoria turned to the girl and saw her sitting on the bed.

"I'm all sweaty," the younger girl continued talking as she started ing her shirt, leaving her tank top on. "I fell asleep a little bit while I was waiting for you."

Victoria smirked and quietly locked the door behind her before approaching Sooyoung.

"It's really hot today, Ms.Vic. Feels like it's summer again..."

I haven't done anything... Victoria thought as she finally stood up close to the innocent Sooyoung. But that's about to change.

 

 


 

I don't know what to say. *runs*