Problematic

Together

Choi Sooyoung’s POV

“She really hasn’t been focused lately.”

“But she does great at competitions...”

“She isn’t consistently good enough, though.”

“But when she’s on the team, everyone’s spirits pick up...”

I overheard coach and Hyoyeon’s conversation as I continued practicing inside the court, dribbling the ball, then failing multiple times. Hyoyeon has been doing her best to cover up for my wrong doings, one of her so-called lead responsibility, and I can’t help but feel disappointed of myself for letting her save me. They’re listing regulars for this year’s competition and coach is having a little dilemma whether to put me in or not because of my performance recently.

I just don’t know anymore. I’ve been so bothered lately that I can’t focus with basketball.

“Damn, I missed again...” I sighed, throwing the ball away.

 


 

I sighed as I walk down the hallway, holding my bag.

I’ve been scolded for the nth time today and got told that I am not myself lately so they let me off for today, telling me that I needed to re-charge since finals are coming and now, I’m about to go home.

“I just have a lot of trouble with that formula, it’s just hard for me!” I said to no one as I remember Taeyeon being angry at me for spacing out.

“Look, you’ve asked me about this formula a hundred times already. Do you even care?!” Taeyeon spatted.

Jeez...

Taengoo didn’t have to get mad at me and... I was thinking about something else!

“I love you, Sooyoung...” 

I planted kisses down her neck, softly, then her spot. Jessica's pleads and moans became music to my ears as I did my best to please her. Fingers tangled in my hair, I moaned quietly when her hand slid down my stomach, then down my sensitive spot.

"Sica, I--"

It’s been a month since that happened. Our first time. Our first love making.

My mind recalled everything that has happened and I still feel the warmth and soft touch we exchanged with each other. My heart’s been set since that day.

“Summer’s over...” I sighed for the nth time as I continued walking.

“Soo-young-ie! Boo!”

From behind, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist as I quickly turned around with a smile. My smile immediately died down when I saw who it was.

“Sunny??”

“Got it right!” she cheered and hugged me again. Her chest bumped into mine and the picture of Jessica’s bare upper body suddenly flashed in my mind. I pushed Sunny away, blushing like hell.

Why am I thinking of that?!

I looked at Sunny and her bright expression turned into a worried one.

“You’ve been acting weird lately...” she muttered. “Like you’re not yourself.”

How transparent am I?

“Did something happen with Jessica?” she asked and reached out to rub my arms softly. She really looks worried.

“Why bring her up?”

“Oh, come on,” she exclaimed, puffing her cheeks. “If you’re having problems with basketball, it has to be her!”

I laughed at her silliness and waved my hand, telling her that it’s not that. Well, I don’t really know myself.

“As a regular, you’ve got a lot of work to do before the next competition,” she continued. “I’m just worried!”

“I’m not too worried about club,” I chuckled. “But my grades aren’t doing too well.”

Sunny listened as she fixed my collar, still staring at me. She raised her eyebrows, telling me to continue.

“I really can’t concentrate on anything...”

“And why is that?” she asked, tilting her head.

“I guess that stress is coming out in basketball, huh?” I muttered, showing half smile.

She nodded and rubbed my arms up and down, comforting me.

“Why don’t you ask for help?” Sunny suggested. “From a teacher?”

"A teacher? No way!" I responded quickly, thinking about how personal my problems are at the moment. "I can't talk to a teacher!"

"It'll totally be okay!" Sunny cheered, her eyes gleaming with happiness.

"But I'm horrible at talking to teachers!"

"Lately, I was kind of worried about something," Sunny explained, her expression showing that she's happy to help. "But I talked to a teacher, a friend told me about her, and she's really young and super cool!"

"Uhh, Sunny..." I scratched my head, smiling apologetically. "I'm quite unsure of this..."

"She took over for another teacher back in September," Sunny continued, completely ignoring my pleads. She suddenly grabbed my wrist and lead me somewhere down the hallway and I just kept mum. We stopped outside the nurse's office as she pointed at the door.

"Uhm, she's in the nurse's office?"

Sunny looked at me and nodded vigorously, showing a toothy grin.

"God, no--"

"She's only gonna be here for a year!" Sunny pulled my by the shirt as I almost ran away. She's not gonna let me go home, is she?

"Hey, let go," I cried out. "I'm trying to go homeee"

"She should still be here today!"

"It's okay, if I have problems I can talk to Taeyeon--"

"Do you even care?!"

An angry Kim Taeyeon flashed in my mind and I just sighed. She's totally fed up of me not listening to her advices.

"I'm sure she'll give you some good advice!" Sunny pleaded, pulling me inside the nurse's office. I said no more as we went inside with Sunny peeking from the compartment. "Ms. Song, are you still here?"

"I'm fine, really..." I whispered to Sunny but she just covered my mouth as we finally went towards the teacher.

"Oh, you girls are still here?" the young-looking teacher greeted us with a smile, tucking her hair behind her ears as she looked at us. "You should head home."

"She wants to ask for your advice!" Sunny pushed me forward and the teacher just stared at me.

So she is the new school nurse... She sure is young, but she looks really mature.

"Oh, you..." she knowingly said as she removed her glasses, wiping it with her handkerchief and wore it back. I looked at her with questioning eyes, wondering if she already knew me as she stared before muttering, "...nothing."

I stared at the floor, completely zoning out. Why am I even here? I should've went home already and slept this off...

"My, you're so pretty," Ms. Song spoke and smiled at me. "You must be very popular..."

"I know, right?!" Sunny exclaimed beside me. I just sighed.

"So..." the teacher started. "What's been bothering you?"

They anticipated for my answer but I didn't say any. Should I really talk?

"Come on," Ms. Song encouraged me. "What's your problem?"

I looked at Sunny and she has this innocent, questioning expression. I gestured at the door and at first, she didn't get what I was trying to tell her.

"I will talk to Ms. Song," I said to her as I chuckled softly.

"But--"

"Now, Sunny," Ms. Song said to her and shooed her playfully. Sunny huffed angrily and went out the door, giving us and Ms. Song a private time. Both of us just laughed before she returned her attention to me. She crossed her legs and folded her arms, asking me softly once again. "So, tell me about it."

I sighed once again.

Dammit, I'm so desperate...

"I haven't been able to see the person I like..." I said, looking away from her stare. "I s-see them sometimes and it was going okay for a while but... things have been cooling off."

There was silence so I decided to continue what I was trying to say.

"Even if I send them a text saying I wanna hang out, they say that they wanna study instead..." I muttered, clenching my fist as the overwhelming feeling took over me again. "And they're even getting tutoring after school..."

"Ah, so they're going to take their final exams soon..." Ms. Song spoke, obviously taking that the person I'm talking about is a senior.

I nodded meekly. "I know I shouldn't get in their way... I know, but..."

I wanna touch her.

"Because I feel this way..."

I wanna be with her.

"I haven't been able to concentrate on my studies or on club activities," I said, lowering my head in sadness. 

Ms. Song didn't respond and remained silent. Sigh...

"I guess it's not good telling you, Ms. Song..." I stood up from my seat and lifted my bag. "I should probably go."

Before I could go out, she pulled me by the wrist and giggled. 

"Come now, it's okay," she said and made me sit back on my seat. "I understand how you feel."

I looked at her and she's smiling widely at me. Her smile doesn't look right...

"No, you don't," I groaned.

"I do," she responded immediately. "I'm sure the person you like is a really serious person."

Oh, she did get it.

"If you're worried about how they feel about you," she continued. "Why don't you try sending a message asking them?"

 

 

 


 

Hello, I missed you guys!

Around 11pm, I'll be updating the continuation of this chapter because I accidentally posted this earlier while writing and now, everyone might be expecting. Hahaha so sorry. 

Planning to finish this story in less than 20 chapters :)

Re: Still chapter 11, okay? Again, view this chapter around 11pm. See ya!