SPECIAL ♡ - Beyer

Together

Well, before a little bit of drama could start, lemme write this fluffy chapter first. Consider it as a special chapter.  Hahaha :)
 




Kim Taeyeon's POV



"Damn it. I was just about to go home, too..." 

I held the thick notebook in my hand, "CHOPIN" by Etuden Opus.10 was written at the cover.

"I need you to return this to the music room. Can I count on you?" I turned around and saw the music teacher. Before I could answer, she cut me off. 

"Seems like you already are," she handed me the notebook. "Now, go." 

Oldie... Tch.

"Chopin, huh?" I mumbled as I checked the notebook out while heading to the music room. Well, I had no choice but to deliver this.

I remembered ten years ago when Sooyoung and I met. We'd been attending different piano schools. But in the second year of elementary school, she switched into mine.

"Could it be... Taeyeon-ssi?"

"Huh?" I turned around as I saw that familiar looking face, tilting her head as she stared at me.

"Do you remember me?" she asked. I noticed the piano book that she was holding as I let out a sigh.

"I don't play the piano anymore..."

When I met her for the second time, she couldn't do a damn thing on her own. Wherever I went, she came following along behind me. We hadn't seen each other since kindergarten, but we hit it off again right away, since the two of us held equal hatred for playing piano. 

Unlike me, who had been making proper progress, slow- Sooyoung couldn't even make it pass Beyer*. The awareness of her failings at the piano was overwhelming for her. (A/N: *Ferdinand Beyer's beginning piano instruction book.)

In fifth grade, I made some random reason and quit, whereupon clumsy Sooyoung started sniffling and crying and almost quit herself.

"Are you really quitting, Taengoo?" she sobbed and gripped the hem of my shirt.

"I told you I was..."

"If you're going to quit, then I'm quitting too..." she whined and cried on me.

Seriously, until now, she hasn't change at all.

Right after that, Sooyoung moved once again... I'd guess she stopped playing piano around then. Since she pretty much anyway.

I reached the music room and the sound of the piano being played was heard.

"Oh, sounds like someone else too..." I scoffed.

There's somebody in the music room. What a hassle...

I peeked at the small glass window of the door and saw familiar people sitting on the bench, playing the piano. One has short brown hair and the other was a blonde. If I'm not mistaken, that could be Sooyoung and Jessica, spending their lovely time inside the music room.

Those punks... totally ignoring people's advice. I told them not to do stuff that might start rumors and yet they're...

"How unexpected, Jessica!" I heard Sooyoung's voice. "I would've thought you'd be amazing at the piano. What a prejudiced view!"

"You're the one who's the real surprise, Soo," Jessica puffed her cheeks as she moved aside, letting Sooyoung play the piano instead.

Sooyoung positioned her fingers on the black and white keys.

"All right then, I'm going to play the variations of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!"
(A/N: *This is a piece by Mozart, K265 later K300e, "Twelve Variations on Ah vous dirai-je, Maman.)

"As if she could play that," I laughed quietly but stopped right away when Sooyoung started playing the piano, creating a nice and melodic start. "Oh?"

I listened intently as I watched Sooyoung, smiling while her eyes were closed as she play the piano. Maybe there were some errors but she can cover it up quickly, creating a better rhythm.

Guess I was wrong... she's been better now.

After a while, she finally finished playing and I was in awe. That was perfect. Even Jessica, from my view, was amazed.

That girl who was always following along behind me... who couldn't do a single thing on her own... 

 

 

 

 


Omniscient POV



"My, you certainly are good..." Jessica said, still in awe after Sooyoung finished playing. They weren't aware of Taeyeon's presence behind the door.

"Anyone who did it for 9 years could manage this much," Sooyoung said shyly, rubbing her nape. "I took lessons up till I started highschool."

"Oh, that's why..."

"When I was little, I did it very unwillingly," Sooyoung continued while flipping pages on the piano book, looking for a piece Jessica could play. "But as I gradually got better, it became more enjoyable..."

Sooyoung then placed the piano book back in front. 

"Now, let's try the simple version."

"Ok, I'll definitely master it!" Jessica said enthusiastically.

"Yes, yes of course," Sooyoung chuckled. "You don't like to lose, huh?"

Jessica tried, her expression can't be judged whether she's enjoying it or she's having a hard time but she can still play a bit.

"Ah, goofed that up there..." she muttered, focusing on the keys.

Sooyoung watched and stared at Jessica, smiling. The girl looked really cute and she can't help but stare at her longer. Without noticing, she slowly leaned in, aiming to kiss Jessica's cheek as the shorter girl felt her sudden movement so she turned to the taller girl, only to be kissed on the lips. Sooyoung got a bit surprised too but she continued kissing Jessica, with her slowly melting from Sooyoung's soft and delicate kisses.

"S-Sooyoung..." Jessica pulled out and turned away. "I can't practice like this.." 

"I suppose you're right," Sooyoung muttered and cupped Jessica's cheeks, turning her face back at her. "Then, we'll take a little break..."

Sooyoung leaned forward once again and captured Jessica's lips. 

Jessica pulled away once again and hit her head at the small frame behind her back.

"O-Ouch..."

"Why'd you pull away?" Sooyoung moved closer to her again, brushing Jessica's hair to the side.

"Because..." Jessica muttered shyly yet can't find anymore excuse. She doesn't know what to feel. Of course, she likes Sooyoung kissing her but at the same time, scared that someone would catch them. The anxiousness she felt were quickly swept away when Sooyoung crashed her lips back on hers.

Jessica didn't say anything anymore. She wanted it anyway. She gave in and let herself get lost in Sooyoung's kiss.

Outside the music room, Taeyeon was staring at a corner while still holding the book that was supposed to be delivered inside. She stood still, annoyed that she can't go in the moment she the two girls making out.

"Are they kidding me right now?" she mumbled. "I'm trying to go home here..."

Taeyeon heard some noises and footsteps coming closer and saw two students talking to each other while walking towards her direction. 

"Damn it."

She kicked the music room's door as hard as she could before running away.

"What the hell?" Sooyoung and Jessica pulled out on their kiss as they turned to the door, panicking. They were really surprised because the door made a sound like it's gonna come off.

"What was that noise?" Sooyoung stood up and decided to check outside.

"What was her deal...?"

"She really kicked that door with all her might. Hardcore..."

She hid herself behind the door when she saw some students pass by and waited for them to disappear.

"Way too close..." she sighed in relief.

She opened the door and saw a book lying on the floor, just beside the music room. She picked it up and saw a small paper attached to it.

"Moron."

Sooyoung went back inside the music room and walked towards Jessica, showing the paper.

"This is Taengoo's handwriting!" she exclaimed. "Then, the person who just kicked the door is her!"

"What?" Jessica raised both of her brows in confusion.

"Nice assist, Taeyeon!" Sooyoung exclaimed, thankful that Taeyeon warned them a while ago that someone's coming.

"Oh..." Jessica nodded her head after getting what Sooyoung's trying to say. She turned into deep crimson red afterwards. 

"Th-That means... Taeyeon saw us just now?!" 

"Very likely... yeah," Sooyoung scratched her head. "Well, not like there's any use to hide it from Taengoo."

"You really have a lot of trust in her."

"Well, sure, we're childhood friends."

"Right," Jessica said sarcastically and sat back on the bench.

"Are you angry, Sica?" Sooyoung teased as she sat beside Jessica. "Or... jealous?"

Jessica puffed her cheeks.

"Never mind that, let's get back to practice."

 

 

 

 


Kim Taeyeon's POV



Heading back to my apartment after delivering the piano book at the music room sure felt like it took years. Well, after I caught Sooyoung and Jessica kissing, too.

When Sooyoung told me she was going out with that person, Jessica Jung, I figured she just wanted a close companion and was mistaking it for love. Nothing more than that...

But, that sort of impulsive urge to get close to the one you love... it felt exactly like I was peeking in on a passionate love just beginning to flower.

Kind of annoying to think, that slow- Sooyoung is now better than me at piano. 

I don't want to lose to her in matters of romance as well.

Maybe I'll take a crack at starting piano all over again-- all the way from the beginning, from dear old Beyer.

And it wouldn't hurt to be a little romantic to Tiffany every now and then, too.

 

 

 

 

Minutes later...


"You're being oddly cheesy today, Taengoo!" the eye-smiling girl cooed. "A sweet TaeTae is not TaeTae at all!" 

"Shut up!" Taeyeon sighed, blushing hard at her failed attempt.


 

 




Hi guys, long time no see~ T.T Sorry, I can't update that much now. Sorries ;__; I know guys, you had enough of my sorries but yea, i'm disappointed with myself too. lol drama. 

Oh, author-ssi is a pianist so I decided writing this chapter with a bit of piano. Or a lot, actually. Lol.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Bye! ^^

Follow me on twitter please, I have limited followers ;__; lol.

@colxxnc