Confession

Together

Choi Sooyoung's POV

 


I sat down on the wooden chair as I leaned down and propped my chin on top of my arms. My classes ended an hour ago and I stayed in our classroom for a while, too lazy to go home. Well actually, I have to attend our basketball practice later so yeah, I really have to stay for a bit.

I slid my hand down my pocket and grabbed a particular candy and popped it inside my mouth, the flavor slowly melting.

"You never get tired of that candy, huh, Sooyoung..." My childhood friend, Taeyeon, told me as she took the seat beside me. "You've eaten the same kind for years."

"I never really noticed."

Once I remember how it tastes, I can't hold myself back. It's like a sweet poison... it brings out memories eating the same candy.

"You want one, Taeng?"

"No!" she quickly exclaimed as I let out a soft chuckle. She really hated the flavor of the candy ever since.

She copied my position, propping her chin on top of her arms as we both stared at the sight before us. The large window of the classroom gives us a full view of the students outside. They’re in their P.E. uniforms so I’m guessing they’re doing outdoor activities. Taeyeon and I watched them as we started chatting about random stuff.

"So..." she started. "What did you want to talk about?"

I turned to her as my tongue continued playing on the candy inside my mouth. I remembered, I told her earlier to see me after class because I have something to ask and now here she is, starting it.

"Well, uhm..." I rubbed my nape and averted my gaze away from her, thinking of ways to start. "It's about--

Before I could continue, Taeyeon cut me off and suddenly stood up, surprising me a bit with her sudden outburst. She pointed outside and my eyes followed, freezing in my spot when I saw a certain blonde.

"Oh, it's Jessica Jung from Class 3-A!"

My face scrunched up as I flinched at the name. Coincidence, eh?

"There should be laws against being as smart and as pretty as she is..." Taeyeon began rambling about the girl, not pulling her finger away and continued pointing. "I haven't heard news about her having a boyfriend, but she probably does..."

I sighed and closed my eyes.

Jessica Jung... Jessica Jung... Jessica Jung...

My mind keeps saying her name as my heart starts beating fast. She occupied my mind and left no space for other thoughts but her. Why am I like this?

"Hey, she's looking this way!" I snapped out from my thoughts when I heard Taeyeon and my eyes widened, my body suddenly reacting on its own and I quickly ducked down to hide but when I did, I hit my head on the chair causing me to stumble and fall.

“Ouch...” I yelped and held my throbbing head. Taeyeon helped me up and slapped my arm.

"Yah, what are you doing?"

"N-Nothing..." I stuttered, smiling nervously at her.

She looked back at the window and sighed. "Aww, she disappeared already."

I sat back down on the chair and heaved a sigh of relief. Seriously... Just when I was about to tell Taeyeon about her and she already sensed it, like she has some sort of powers or something.

Taeyeon also went back to her seat as she turned to me, going back to the conversation earlier. "What is it again?"

I thought for a while now... Should I really tell Taeyeon? I mean, about Jessica Jung

Yesterday, Jessica Jung told me to meet up with her on our lunch break...

"I think I'm in love with you."

I am currently standing under an oak tree together with a senior I barely knew who just confessed her love to me.

Before I could respond, she ran away. Maybe she told the wrong person...

But the pale skin on her neck was bright red.

That's what happened. Should I really tell Taeyeon about it? Or maybe... next time?

But a question related to it might help.

"What would you do..."

"Hmm?"

"...if a girl asked you out?" I asked and sighed, lowering my head. This is really embarrassing for me but I trust Taeyeon. I trust her judgment because she’s my bestfriend.

"I wouldn't do anything..." she answered nonchalantly, maintaining a serious facade. But her lips slowly curve upwards, smirking. "My poor hands are already full dealing with the boys that are throwing themselves at me.”

"Stop joking around!" I whined and she just laughed at me. I was about to pounce on her when she quickly moved away.

"I'm just kidding..." Taeyeon smiled and patted my back. "So, Sooyoung..."

I looked up at her as she grinned and nudged me. "Did a girl asked you out, again?"

I nodded before she clapped loudly. I looked at her weirdly and she has this proud-like-mom expression and continued clapping. Seriously, this woman... just when I want her to be serious for once.

"Why is it always me?" I whined and started pounding the chair lightly with my hands. "I'm stupid and not really skilled at anything... and there are lots of cooler girls out there!"

Taeyeon stopped clapping and her expression went back to a serious one. "You should already know why but, never mind..." she sighed, shaking her head disappointingly at me.

"What? Tell me, Taengoo!" I started throwing tantrums like a kid asking her mom to give her what she wants.

She scoffed and covered my mouth with her hand, stopping me from whining. "Well, everyone wants an idol to worship while they work their off at this strict all-girls university. You're always smiling so probably, it's easy for you to fit into the role."

Huh? So it's all about being just an idol then?

I slumped into my chair and sighed heavily. I’ve been sighing a lot today and all because of mixed emotions that Jessica Jung’s giving me. What does her confession even mean?

Wait, does it even have any meaning?

"So she's just joking..." I muttered sadly but loud enough for Taeyeon to hear it.

"Sooyoung..."

I turned to her again and saw her staring at me seriously, which starts creeping me out. She observed my face intently before saying, "Who the hell asked you this time? I thought you were used to this?"

Taeyeon kept staring and I swear, it's creeping the hell out of me. I sighed and gave up. I think I should really tell my bestfriend about this...

"Oh, well..." I started but as her face went annoyingly closer to mine, I pushed it away. "Can you stop staring?"

"Fine... I'll stop after you tell me who."

"It's..." I stuttered and looked at the window, "...Jessica Jung."

Taeyeon's eyes widened as she leaned back on her chair in surprise, looking like she just had a nightmare. 

"What?!"

“I said it’s Jessica Jung! The president!”

“I know but what?!” she repeated, raising her voice.

“Will you please keep your voice down?” I gritted my teeth, warning her. She covered after mouthing ‘sorry.’

I sighed for the nth time and started. "She's gotta be joking right?"

Taeyeon kept mum as I continued.

"I mean, I never really talk to her..." I rubbed my nape, getting really embarrassed. "I'm really confused why she'd do it to me but... she doesn't seem like she'd joke about it... So, I'm not sure how to take it."

"Huh?!" Taeyeon exclaimed loudly again. She looks like she's traumatized by what she heard.

I hit her arm lightly before covering my face, blushing in crimson red. "You asked!"

She paused for a bit before exclaiming "What?!" once again.

"But she confessed yesterday!"

She raised one of her brows and her expression went back to normal. She started patting my back and chuckled. "I'm sure she's 100% joking."

"Yeah, you're right..." I mumbled sadly. To be honest, I don't know why I should be sad about it but it did gave me a pang by realizing it might be a joke. Her confession... it’s probably a joke.

Taeyeon quickly noticed the change of my mood and said, "Hey, I’m just kidding. Maybe she's serious about it,” she said and smiled at me. “You’re a famous kiddo after all.”

 

 

 

 


I changed into my jersey and sat down the bench, waiting for my turn. The basketball practice already started and our coach yelled at me earlier, giving me lectures about being late again. Well, Taeyeon told me too many stuff earlier and I'm kinda occupied with it that I didn't notice the time.

I remembered what Taeyeon told me earlier and it started running through my mind, again.

"Well, she wasn't really the type to be one of your fangirls but who knows, she might be serious about you. Let's find out..."

I sighed and recalled the time when Jessica Jung confessed to me yesterday.

And I kept asking myself... why me?

As far as I know, the first time I talked to her was when I was helping out with the school beautification project and--

"Choi!" I snapped out and heard my coach yelling at me. "Are you gonna go home without shooting even one ball?"

"I-I'm sorry!" I quickly ran and positioned myself at the center of the court.

"Hey, don't forget your warm-ups!" our captain, Hyoyeon, yelled at me as well.

 


 

 

Omniscient POV

 


"She's completely spaced out today..." Their coach said and sighed. They were practicing Sooyoung's shooting skills for today as the school's MVP and it was pretty important to improve her now, knowing everyone from the school's rooting for her.

Sooyoung exhaled deeply as she started dribbling the ball. She focused on the ring as she held the ball in front of her chest, aiming for a perfect shot. She raised the ball above her head and threw the ball, her posture looking all-skilled and professional.

Everyone inside the gym who’s watching her were stunned and Sooyoung never fail to amaze her fangirls, which are always there to watch her whenever they practice.

"Her form is so beautiful," Hyoyeon said and smiled. Even as the team's captain, she always admired Sooyoung’s play, specially the fact that she’s still a freshman.

"She's not really paying attention though," their coach muttered seriously, still upset about Sooyoung's tardiness. Hyoyeon just chuckled in response.

On the bleachers, Taeyeon’s also watching Sooyoung's practice since she had no other choice because the younger girl asked her to wait for her so they could go home together. She also had to sit beside Sooyoung's bunch of supporters, as always.

"Oh man, she's so cool!"

"I've fallen for her again!"

The girls beside her was so loud and kept cheering on Sooyoung. "Morons..." she said lowly and sighed, diverting her attention back to Sooyoung. "I really can't believe that she didn't notice all this attention..."

Feeling annoyed by the loud people, Taeyeon stood up from her seat and eyes were quickly directed on her. She felt it but she paid no attention and continued walking towards the exit of the gym.

"Eek! Taeyeon-ssi is here again!"

"Class is over, she should go home. Geez..."

"I heard she's Sooyoung's childhood friend, but that doesn't mean she can keep her around all the time!"

She was used to Sooyoung's fangirls talking about her like that. She doesn't like to argue with them and even if she wanted to, she would just shrug it off and say that she’s too matured for that. "What a pain in the ...” she said to no one and decided to head out and wait there, instead of feeding herself to the eyes of the students.

A particular blonde was listening to those talks and watched Taeyeon. Feeling uncomfortable with what she's feeling, she followed Taeyeon outside and called her.

"Hey, you..."

Taeyeon turned around lazily and was a bit surprised to see the school's president calling her.

"Yeah? You need something, Jessica-ssi?"

"You're always hanging out with Sooyoung-ssi, right?"

"Huh?"

"It doesn't look like people like you," Jessica said coldly, maintaining a serious expression.

This woman sure is blunt. Taeyeon thought, raising both of her brows and crossed her arms, totally not liking the attitude of the blonde towards her.

"And?"

"If you hang out with Sooyoung-ssi too much, people will start spreading rumors about her," Jessica bluntly said. It immediately ticked off Taeyeon, making her scoff in response.

"If you really care about her, as a childhood friend, then leaving her alone more often would be the right thing to do," Jessica continued, imitating the older girl and crossed her arms.

Is she trying to pick a fight with me? Taeyeon thought and snickered.

Before Jessica could start talking again, Taeyeon quickly cut her off by raising a finger and she matched Jessica’s way of talking. "Hey."

Jessica just raised both of her eyebrows annoyingly as Taeyeon made her way towards the blonde, poking Jessica’s forehead lightly.

"Sooyoung doesn't like you, okay?” Taeyeon mocked. “Not one bit."

"..."

Jessica became quiet after hearing what Taeyeon said to her and lowered her head. There was silence. Before Taeyeon realized it, she heard the blonde sobbing weakly. With that, Taeyeon panicked and was about to grab Jessica’s shoulders to calm her down.

"Hey, I'm just--" before she could finish her sentence, Jessica ran away. "...kidding."

It really surprised Taeyeon. She didn’t expect that she would be getting that response from the girl but the moment she heard her cry, she started thinking.

“What the hell...”

She becomes positive about Jessica being in love with Sooyoung and what she did probably hurt the blonde a lot, knowing that it came from her, Sooyoung's childhood friend. Well, she might be a bit guilty but Jessica was being too possesive.

"Oh, well..."

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders and turned around. She was just about to walk away when she heard her infamous nickname being called.

"Midget!"

Taeyeon turned around and saw Sooyoung still wearing her jersey, already holding her bag. 

"Were you just talking to someone?" Sooyoung asked.

Taeyeon smacked Sooyoung’s head as the taller girl shrieked.

“I told you to stop calling me midget, you giraffe!”

Sooyoung apologetically smiled while rubbing her head. "Sorry if I made you wait..."

"Don't worry about it, I found out something interesting after all."

"What is it?"

"Prepare yourself, Soo," Taeyeon showed a mischievous smile. "She's serious," she continued before walking ahead of Sooyoung, leaving the confused girl behind.

"Huh? What?" Sooyoung asked to no one as she ran to catch on with Taeyeon, still asking what the older girl meant about it.
 

 

 

 



Sooo, that's for chapter one. Kindly wait for chapter two! ^^

Ciao~ <3