Shadow

Into Their World

Hello everyone!!!

Thank you so much for subscribing. Y’all made my day! Here is my new story/oneshot. I am not entirely sure of where I was going. I have been toying with the idea of writing something were Banghim are in some sort of mafia world. So here is one shot of that. I know that I need to work more on my writing, but I am trying! Feedback is appreciated (subscribers are loved J)!

Enjoy,

whateverisnextisokay

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

They walked in, Yongguk, as always very vigilant of his surroundings. He always looked very calm, composed and little seemed faze him. There was only one person who could make him angry or shake him. That person was the son’s boss, Kim Himchan. As luck may have it that person was oblivious of his effect in the elder.

Himchan’s Point of View

We walked in to the main office. My dad wanted to teach me ropes of the “business.” I am sure he is afraid that someone will get him. I know that I should not be so flippant about this issue, because, well if someone “gets” him it would mean his death. Yes, I am Kim Himchan the son of Korea’s top mafia lord, and yes my daddy wanted to teach me how to run a two billion corporation.  It is not your normal corporation. Although, we do have some contracts with some flashy names. Does Samsung ring a bell? The truth of the matter is that underworld organizations work the same way that your regular electronics company does. You have stockholders (more like partners in crime), there are products and services that need to be distributed, money needs to be invested and used effectively. The only difference might be that not all of our deals are what you would call legal. In fact most of them are not.

That is really quite irrelevant, because, even if I am the son of Mr. Kim the person that he really likes, the one that he would love to have as the head of the Korean mafia is the gentleman that is walking behind me. Yes, my daddy loves Bang Yongguk. Why do I call him a gentleman? Shouldn’t he be a thug? No, Bang Yongguk is anything, but a thug. If I had not grown up with him and if I had not seen him brake a person’s arms when we were in high school I would never think that he was an aspiring underworld boss. The broken arms might have put you off at this point, someone who breaks people’s arms (and carries a concealed gun and I am pretty sure he has at least a pair of daggers hidden somewhere in his person) cannot be called a gentleman. We are talking about Yongguk here, so it is possible. Actually, the broken arm person got his arms broken because he was major bully. He had even pushed a person into attempting suicide. That day Yongguk had just happened to be escaping from me for some reason or another ( I do tend to annoy him sometimes. What can I do? It is so much fun to ruffle his feathers.) and ended up in the school’s rooftop. It just happened that that same day a bullied kid had decided to jump to his death. After a chat with Yongguk the kid decided not to jump. Yeah, one look from those deep soulful chocolate brown eyes and the rumbling sound of that deep dark calming voice asking you to stay and the kid was a gonner. 

That stupid kid is now a freshman in college. Whenever he has a chance he comes and he follows Yongguk like a puppy. The stupid puppy will not leave until he receives a gummy smile from the elder with a request for him to go home and rest.  No, I am not jealous. I just… get mad because the Zelo guy is just a baby he … he could get hurt. Yes that is it. This is a risky business; someone has to care about stupid puppies.

But I digress. I was explaining the reason behind the broken arm. Yongguk decided to look into the bully. He found him, but by this time I had become aware of what was going on. I could not miss the action so I followed him. In retrospective that was a dumb choice, but I did not think about that in the moment. Yongguk was going to beat up someone for the sake of some puppy! He could get hurt!

There was some fighting, some grunts and sounds of terrible pain. It sounded like Yongguk was not going easy on the bully.  Then the bully took out a knife. I was scared I ran towards the bully in an attempt to “save” Yongguk. I do not how it happened, but somehow the bully got hold of me and put the knife to my throat. Yeah, I messed it up. Yongguk was in complete control, but what can I say? When it comes to Yongguk and he possibility of him getting hurt my brain goes into hibernation and he only thought that crosses my mind is. “Save him.” No it is not that I care about him. I absolutely do not. It’s only that… my dad… yes, my dad would kill me if something happens to his favorite. The stupid bully made a small cut in my neck is not even visible anymore, but a drop of blood soon adorned the blade. After that, everything became a blur and by the time that I was able to get my bearings. Yongguk had he bully pinned to the floor kicking the life out of him.

“Yongguk! Stop!” I yelled trying to make him come back from his trance. I did not care about the bully, but Yongguk is not a violet person. I was afraid of how he would feel if he accidentally killed the bully. I ran towards them and hugged Yongguk from the back as I cried begging him to stop. It might have been my tears or the fact that my hug was cutting his air source but Yongguk stopped. The bully was almost unconscious.

“You son of a , I do not want to see you nowhere close to him. And if you ever dare to touch even one hair of his pretty head I … WILL… KILL… YOU…” Yongguk looked angry and so ethereally beautiful. He looked like some furious avenging angel of death. Then he broke the bully’s arm with one clean hit. The stupid puppy was so lucky to have Yongguk care for him to that extent. Once again I felt a burning near my heart. No I was not jealous. Kim Himchan is not jelous of a stupid, awkward teenager!

Yongguk turned towards me. He looked furious! He got really close to me. For a moment there I thought that he was going to hurt me, but he did not. He inspected the small wound. Then he hugged me very tightly. I was having a hard time breathing, but I liked the feel of him. My only regret was that he was only grateful that I had stopped him.

“Are you okay?” He asked with that husky voice of his. His voice was laced with restraint. Did he really hated hugging me?

“Yes.” I said petulantly. He relaxed a little at my tone. Then he let go of me. I instantly missed his warmth. However, right before he released me I swear that I felt his lips brush my hair and heard him say a small prayer something to do with thanks, God, and Channie? Yes, the “Channie” part was the deal breaker. I am pretty sure that he would never call me that. I must have been hallucinating. I was about to ask, but then my bodyguards rushed in. The traitor! He had called them!

“Here, take him to the hospital. Stay with him.” He almost threw me to Zico.

“Yes, Sir.” Responded the other male stoically.

“What was he doing here?” Asked and angry Yongguk. Zico lowered his head and did not answer.

“We will talk later. Now do what I told you to do.” Zico started leading me towards the exit.

“Wait! Yongguk, are you not coming? You are going to leave me with this brute! I was almost killed!” I was being melodramatic. The cut was really small almost non-existent. In fact, I could barely even feel it, but I did not want him going to the Puppy. Something dangerous flashed in Yongguk’s eyes. It was gone too fast for me to recognize the emotion, but it was a little scary. He looked at me with those tormented brown eyes. Was he angry? Was he feeling guilty? Concern?

“Shut up Himchan. Stop being melodramatic.” He looked like he could actually hurt me if I decided to stay so I stopped my complaining. I was sure that I could get back at him later.

“Zico, what the hell are you still doing here! Take him now! That cut could get infected!” I felt Zico go rigid. Yongguk was mad. He started pulling me. I got a little angry. Sure, I was a little afraid of Gukkie when he was this mad, but I had my dignity to protect.

“Let me go Minion. I can walk on my own.” I gave Yongguk one last look and left with my head held high. I tried to get out of going to the hospital, but Yongguk’s orders were final.

After the incident I did not see Yongguk until the next day. I had done my damnest to get him to go see me at the hospital,  but the stubborn did not even check on me once! He was with the stupid puppy. How do I know? Well… I do not, but, I am sure of it. So, the bully? Well I do not know what happened with him. He just disappeared after that.  

“Himchan stop daydreaming. Your dad wants to see you.” Yongguk’s voice brought me back to the world of the living. He looked amused. I turned around searching for the source of his amusement. The stupid puppy better not be here. There was nobody there other than Zico. I was confused was he making fun of me? At that moment the door to my dad’s office opened. Iwalked in Yongguk behind me, like always. I hated that he was my shadow. He was always there, protecting me, accompanying me, entertaining me, but at the end I was only someone he had to protect, because my dad told him to. He was always so damn close, but too damn far away. I hated him because he was too complicated, too perfect and was always making me feel annoying things. Worse of it all, he did not know or he did not care, or maybe both.

No, I am not in love with Bang Yongguk. I just have a burning desire to own him, to be his only thought, his only reason, his only one. Yes, I want control over that beautiful creature. No, I do not want to love him, to make him happy. It is all a selfish desire to own him.

What? How do I explain my desire for him to feel the same way? I do not. There is no need to go there. Only pain lays down that path. Kim Himchan does not pin for no one.

If only Yongguk was no one…