Stupid Arranged Marriages

Into Their World

Hello all!

I probably should not be here, but I just finished reading a sad Banghim story and I had to do something! (I did not say that I had to do something right- as in good-, just that I had to do something :). So I ended up writing this. I hope that you like it and if you do not please leave any comments that may help me improve as a writer. I would love your feedback. Also, if you would like to read some more of my work please subscribe. It should add some good life-Karma points to your tally.

Have an awesome day,

Whateverisnextisokay

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*^*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He never understood the stupidity of arranged marriages. It was dumb, although he would never admit to it, at some point Kim Himchan had toyed with the idea of marring for love. How foolish of him. The social status of his family would not allow him this freedom, and yet he always yarned for just that.  Sometimes he regretted not running away when he had the chance.  Now, he was here in front of the favorite CEO/son-in-law of the country, Bang Youngguk.  “How lucky Himchan.” “You must have saved the earth in your past life.” Was all that he could hear once people discovered who his fiancé was. Yes, ladies and gentlemen Kim Himchan was marring Bang Yongguk. It was going to be THE marriage/wedding of the century. Kimchan would smile, act happy, and in love with a man that he had just met. Yes, that is the magic of an arranged marriage. You do not have to be sweet to the other person in an attempt to snare their hearts and hopefully chain them to you for the rest of your miserable lives. None of that. Arranged marriages just are. No sweet nothings, blushes, or erratic heartbeats.

“Excuse me, Himchan? Sorry, is it okay if I call you Himchan?” An attractive male with dark hair and stylish clothes waved a hand in front of Himchan’s face in an attempt to gain his attention.

“What?” Responded the distracted ulzzang. He had been staring, more like glaring, at Yongguk for the past five minutes. Yongguk smiled, showing white perfect teeth framed by the most charming gummy smile.

“I guess I am being too familiar, but I thought that since we are to be married in two months it would be appropriate for me to call you by your given name. But if this bothers you, I can use your full name.” responded the male in front of Himchan with an infuriating smile and sincere eyes. Himchan decided that he hated the owner of  that dark, deep, and y voice that drove him to distraction.

“No, no,that is totally fine. Why would we bother with formalities when we will soon be family?” Himchan smiled and was surprised by how sincere his smile was. When his parents had told him that he needed to marry the Bang heir in order to strengthen the merger of the companies he had accepted without making too much of a big deal. Well, yes he had gone on a hunger strike for three days and had ignored everyone in his family for more than a week, but that was a very mild reaction when it came to Kim Himchan.

“Great, please feel free to call me Yongguk too. Actually, I would prefer to be called Yongguk.” responded the older male with that stupid smile of his. Yongguk seemed unsure on how to proceed after that. Not that he blamed him. How often do you have dinner with your fiancée that you just met and will marry in two months’ time because of business transactions? Himchan took pity of him and started talking, directing the conversation. Yongguk visibly relaxed. A full hour soon went by among talks about everything and nothing at all. Most of the talking was done by the younger, but the older did not seem to mind. At the hour and a half mark Yongguk’s secretary interrupted them. Yongguk was running late to a meeting.

“Wow, I did not notice the time.” Yongguk admitted somehow embarrassed to his secretary. He turned to Himchan. “I am sorry Channie. I had a wonderful time, but, I have to go now. I was thinking since we did not get much time to talk we can go to a movie or dinner latter?  ”

Himchan looked at him dumfounded. Yongguk had called him Channie? How familiar! They had just met! The worst part was, however, that Himchan had loved it. It sounded like a sweet endearment that he could easily get used to.

“Well, I mean you do not have to…I” Yongguk continued nervously after Himchan’s lack of response. Here, he, was the most powerful and desirable CEO of Korea shaking in fear, braising himself for rejection. Himchan almost wanted to chuckle or mold his lips to those delectable lips of his. Unfortunately, for both, he did neither.”

“I would love to!” he finally answered with a 1000 watts smile.

“Then I will pick you up at 8pm at your house.” Yongguk had gained his confidence pretty quickly. “Does that sound good?” He added to sound less forceful.

Kim Himchan laughed. He was having too much fun. “Yes, but I get to choose the movie.”

“Of course.” Yongguk stood there, as if trying to prolong the time with his fiancé.

“Yongguk, I had a great time, but, I thing that your secretary will murder me if you do not leave now.” Yongguk chuckled and made a move to leave. At that Himchan stood up and walked towards him. Yongguk froze curious as to what Himchan would do. Himchan got close to his fiancé and wrapped his arms around him. Then in a deep sultry voice he whispered into his ear “Have a good day at work.” Yongguk smiled and when Himchan tried to separate himself from Yongguk the latter wrapped his hands on the younger’s waist and brought their chest closer.

“I will see you later… Channie.” Yongguk whispered as he kissed Himchan’s cheek. Then he left. Fifteen minutes late for his meeting.

“Until later Gukkie.”

Himchan stood there surprised at the actions of the older. Slowly he came back to his senses. What the hell was he doing?! He had just met the man! It did not matter that such man made him feel butterflies (more like pterodactyls) in his stomach while offering limitless resources of calmness and contentment.  

Himchan smiled while touching the skin that Yongguk’s lips had touched… and a crazy thought crossed his mind that maybe arranged marriages were not that stupid after all…