Of Princes and Dragons

Into Their World

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

 

This is not Yours (as you may have noticed).  The truth is that I am bit busy (barely holding on to my sanity) with some academic writing and I will not be able to write something substantial until the middle of May or so.  But I still wanted to write something as a thank you for the new subscribers and the comments.  I really appreciate you and the effort taken. Thank You!

 

Regards,

whateverisnextisokay

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -    -   -  -   -   -   -  -  -  -   -   -   -   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Yongguk had been three when he first met Himchan.  The cute boy was having a tea party with dolls and stuffed animals.  Yongguk thought that Himchan looked like one of those princes from the books his parents read him at night in an effort to make him go to bed.  His three-year-old mind was anxious about approaching the prince, afraid he would be rejected. Or sent to the dungeon!  As he was about to make an exit he saw a boy, about their age, approaching the prince.  The new boy was wearing a green shirt and a mocking smile.

 

“Aww the princess is having a tea party!”

 

The prince turned towards the sound of the voice, looked him over, and turned  back to serving tea, indifferently.  The easy dismissal made the other boy angry. He ran towards the prince and started removing the guests from the set table forcefully.  One of the poor unsuspecting unicorns ended up headfirst in a puddle. It’s pink face not covered in muddy water.  

 

“Stop it, Zico! You are not invited!” Yelled a distressed prince as he saw his toys been thrown to the ground.  The bully did not stop. Happy to finally have the attention of the indifferent prince. The prince tried to stop the bully from hurting the remaining guest, but the bully was too strong.  The bully smiled evilly and it was then that Yongguk realized that the bully was not human.

 

He was dragon.

 

Yongguk ran towards the dragon intent on saving the prince.  He pulled the dragon away with all his might.  This caught the dragon by surprise and they tumbled to the ground.  Yongguk was strong and he soon had the dragon submitted and crying.  Yongguk felt sad when he saw the dragon crying.  He got off the dragon and gave him a hand to help him raise from the ground.  Even dragons deserved to be treated with love. Or at least that is what his mother said the last time they read a fairy tale.

 

“Do not cry Zico.  I am sorry, but you were hurting the prince.  I could not let you do that.” Yongguk said guiltily, but it was all replaced by pride when Himchan smiled brightly at him.  Yongguk could finally see why stupid princes risked their lives to save trapped princesses.

 

Yongguk was dimly aware of Zico’s crying in the background and the evil look that he sent as he went to tell his parents about how he had been attacked, but it was all in the background inconsequential. Later, both the prince and the savior would be punished for not playing with Zico, but in the moment there were only feelings of victory and gratefulness.

 

It was at the wise age of three that Yongguk decided that he would protect the prince for the rest of his life.  


Himchan was unaware of this, but that did not stop him from sealing the deal with a hug, a sloppy wet kiss in the cheek, and a VIP invite to the current (and all future) tea parties.