Yours

Into Their World

Hello guys,

It is finally up. I am sorry this took so long.  It was not may intention, but somehow my inspiration for the story left and it sat on my computer for months!  I hope that you had a great time during the holidays.  Happy new year and good luck to you all.  Thank you for the new subscribers!  You really make my days (and were also a strong motivator to get me back into writing).

Sorry for the quality.  I am really out of practice.  Let me know what you think and I appreciate any feedback!

Love,

whateverisnextisokay

 

 

Yongguk nodded his head at something Ji Eun said.  He did not know what he had agreed to, but he did not care much.  His attention was across the ballroom with his soon to be fiance.  Yongguk did not know how he was going to be able to survive a lifetime with Himchan.  Himchan was light and captivating beauty wrapped up in sassy intelligence.  Yongguk was constantly consumed with the conflicting desires to both hide Himchan from preying eyes and exhibiting him as the treasure that he was.  He hated how until quite recently he had not had the “right” to call  Himchan his.  It was infuriating to stop his hand from naturally descending to the small of Himchan’s back or to kiss Himchan’s pouty lips every time that he was trying to convince Yongguk to do something scandalous.  

 

Yongguk saw Himchan smile at something Youngjae whispered in his ear.  He fought the surge of jealousy that arose at seeing them close, silently reminding himself that Youngjae was already in a committed, loving relationship with his best friend Daehyun.  Yongguk considered himself to be a calm and centered person at least in every situation that did not involve Himchan otherwise his inner peace flies out the window.  It had been like that since he first “rescued” Himchan from Zico.  He had suddenly been dragged into the tornado that was Himchan.  Always at the beck and call of the slightly younger male.  Daehyun was right. He was whipped.

 

If Yongguk was truthful with himself he had been Himchan’s since that first time that he saw him having a tea party with his dolls.  He never resent it, but in his late teens he began wondering if he was good enough to protect his prince, especially after his father threatened to look for an outside source to fill in the CEO position of the company.  Yongguk knew that it was an empty threat, but that moment made him realize that his future with Himchan was not a safe as he had thought when he discovered that he would marry one of the Kim children.  Therefore, he decided to embark on his own trip to earn his independence.  He applied to Harvard, got a scholarship and left for the U.S.A.  He invested the trust fund his grandmother left him and by the time he had returned to Korea he had tripled his personal fortune.

 

Leavin Himchan had been one of the most difficult things he had to do.  Their goodbyes at the Incheon airport remained burned in his memory…

                       ***********************************************************************************************************************************

Yongguk looked closely at Himchan’s face trying to decipher the source of distress in his brown eyes.  In his hand Yongguk held two tickets to the U.S.A.

 

“Bang,” Himchan said moisturizing his rosy lips with his tongue, distracting Yongguk from his train of thought.

 

“About the marriage…” No! Yongguk thought, Himchan wanted to break off their engagement!  He panicked and said the first words that came to his mind.  He needed time to prove to Himchan that he was worthy of being with him.  He needed time to pick up his courage and make Himchan love him.

 

“Yeah.  Do not worry about it, Channie.  You live your life and once you find the person that you like we will find a way to get out of this mess created by our dictatorial folks. I will not hold you to such a deal." Yongguk lied.

 

Yongguk lowered his eyes afraid to see what he would find in Himchan’s eyes.  Yongguk could confront any authority figure in his father’s company, but one negative/rejecting look from Himchan and he was defeated.  As he mentally berated himself for his cowardice he felt a set of small hands wrap around him.  He stiffened as he recognized the sickly sweet perfume that Ji Eun prefered.

 

“Gukkie! Sorry to make you wait! I am ready.”  Song Ji Eun.  He unwrapped himself from her and finally turned back to  Himchan.  He attempted to introduce her to Himchan but Himchan just looked at her disdainfully.  

 

“Well, I would love to chat, but I have to go now.” Himchan said with a dazzling smile, designed to distract from further questioning.  Yongguk was confused.  He did not know of any animosity between the two of them, but before he could ask Himchan was turning and giving him a dismissive wave.

 

“And Yongguk, about the deal. You do not have to worry. I was not going to wait. Have fun in the U.S.”

 

Himchan walked away dismissing him and leaving behind a shattered heart.

 

“Himchan.” Yongguk said in a voice too low for the retiring diva to hear.  He made a movement to follow but was stopped by a set of clingy arms.

 

“Or flight is about to leave!”  came the voice of Ji Eun.  Yongguk was not an aggressive man but at that point he wished to be.  He was angry. Angry at Himchan for being too good for him.  Angry at Ji Eun for stopping him.  Angry at his father and his stupid rules.  But above all he was angry at himself for not been good enough, for not being brave enough.

 

Yongguk looked at his left hand where he was holding the tickets.  He grabbed one of them and with one more longing look to the retreating back of his future fiance crumbled it and followed Je Eun to the boarding gate.

 

It appeared he was not going to be needing the extra ticket.  Himchan would not be flying with him today.

 

                                                                ***************************************************************************************

 

“Bang.”  A soft whisper and warm hands brought him back from his reminiscing.  Yongguk tensed initially but rapidly melted into Himchan’s touch.  Sometimes Yongguk wondered if he should be scared of how much control Himchan had over him, but then he would get wrapped around Himchan’s warmth and the feelings of rightness and all of his fear would dissipate.  

“Channie!”  Yongguk said happily as he turned his full attention to Himchan with a smile that was probably too much and he should probably curtail but would not because Himchan was finally his and he did not care if the world knew how much of a gonner he was. Yongguk wrapped his hands around Himchan making himself comfortable, trying to get as close to him as it was acceptable in public.  He settled a hand on Himchan’s waist and started placing small kisses on his face.  He felt Himchan lean into his touch and allowed himself to get lost in the fantasy of being loved by younger man.

“Hello.  I was hoping that we could go see our parents before they make the announcement. You know how emotional our mothers get.”  Himchan said contently making space for Yongguk to continued kissing his jaw and place a final kiss behind his small ears.

“Sure.” Yongguk responded distractedly now busily playing with Himchan’s hair.  Yongguk had the errant thought that he should stop his touching, but for the life of him he could not remember the reason why.

“Oh, Jieun! I am sorry. I did not see you there!”  Oh, yes.  They were not alone.

“Don’t worry.  I was just chatting with Yongguk about the event and the repercussions it could have on the children…”  Jieun smiled tightly, but Yongguk paid almost no attention too caught up in the controlled storm that was in his arms.  

“Yes, of course.”  Yongguk said as he dragged his thoughts out of the gutter and into the conversation.  He managed some words but he was not sure if these had been the proper ones because Himchan was pouting and the only thing in his mind was a strong desire to kiss the pout into a soft satisfied smile.  

“Jieun has made a great contribution and I was thanking her.  She just extended an invitation for a charity auction.”  Yongguk continued with herculean effort.

“Oh, I would love to go.  When is it? We should make it our first official event after tonight! Imagine all the extra attention that will bring.”  Yongguk felt his heart almost burst with joy at Himchan’s positive response.  The slightly older man hated attending social events, but often dragged himself to charity functions to collect donations.  Himchan in contrast was a natural and could often charm millions out of donor's pockets with almost no effort.  Yongguk was relieved that from now on he would have Himchan’s support.  He was sure that his charities would benefit tremendously.  The fact that he would be able to hold Himchan’s hand and show him off would not hurt either.

“Yes, Jieun we would love to go.”  Yongguk accepted excited.  Ji Eun agreed and excused herself.

“I think that I see my mother hyperventilating and your mother does not seem to be helping. Come on lets go meet them. “ Yongguk looked towards their mothers that were in fact visibly distressed.  He allowed himself to guide Himchan with a hand in the small of his back.  He  might be trying to tell others that the beauty next to him was taken but Himchan did not need to know that.

“Those women keep staring.  I am going to need to put a notice on you to let them know that you are taken.  You are mine.”  Himchan whispered in his ear.  His warm breath made Yongguk shudder and the words made his heart tremble.  Yongguk did not know what brought the bout of honesty that allowed him to say the next words.  It might have the warmth in the shorter’s male chocolate eyes or Yongguk getting drunk on Himchan’s possessive actions, but somehow the words came out, tumbling out almost without thought.

“No need.  I am already yours.”  Himchan smiled delighted and Yongguk had no other response other than to smile stupidly.  

Damn, he was screwed.