Mine

Into Their World

Thank you so much for subscribing! I love you all! Take this story as a late Valentine’s present.  I am sorry that all my stories are similar, but I just love to see my characters suffer thinking that the other does not reciprocate their feelings.   There is something beautiful in the vulnerability and insecurity that comes from loving someone else.

Love ya,

Whateverisnextisokay

~~*~~

Himchan sulked in his corner of the room surrounded by admirers of both es.  He was indifferent to all of them the only person in whom he was interested was currently laughing at something said by a lecherous benefactress.  He recognized Song Jieun, one of the big donors (after the Kim family, of course) of the night.   Himchan was sure that she could care less about poor children and their education.  She was only here to cause an impression on Yongguk.  It was no secret that she had been trying to capture Yongguk’s hear for years.  Unfortunately for her, Yongguk was not completely free. In fact, Yongguk had been destined to marry someone in the Kim family since birth.

The Bang and Kim families were powerful and intent on keeping that power among themselves.  It was not surprising then that the families declared that their children were going to marry to make their shared dominion of the electronics market permanent.   The logical combination were the heirs, Bang Yongguk and Kim Himchan, but the  Kim family was more lenient than the Bangs, and would be equally happy with Yongguk marring Jounghyun.

This last option was unacceptable.  Kim Himchan had decided that Bang Yongguk was his at the young age of three, when Yongguk had punched Zico for making fun of Himchan’s desire to play princess and have tea parties.  Since then, he made his best efforts to keep any threat away from Yongguk.  It worked very well until Yongguk turned 18 and decided to study abroad. Himchan remembers their airport talk very clearly. 

Painful memories have a way of sticking with you.

Himchan had traveled with Yongguk to the airport.  He was anxious, afraid, and worried about what he would do without seeing the elder.  He hated not having Yongguk available!  He was also afraid of what the distance would do to their relationship.  He was afraid that Yongguk would find some other person that was as compassionate and free as he was and that he would forget about the beautiful but selfish Himchan.

As Yongguk was about to enter the “Passenger Only” section of the airport Himchan grabbed his courage and brought up the topic that he had been dreading.

“Bang.” He called.

“About the marriage…”  Himchan stopped as he saw Yongguk’s surprised expression laced with a hint of sadness.  Himchan felt his hearth beat faster as a bubble of happiness threatened to make him explode. 

Yongguk knew! And his feelings were reciprocated!

“Yeah.  Do not worry about it, Channie.  You live your life and once you find the person that you like we will find a way to get out of this mess created by our dictatorial folks. “

Himchan’s heart was breaking with every word.

“I will not hold you to such a deal.” Yongguk smiled as if the sole idea of them marring was ridiculous.  He did not know how to react.  Should he argue with him? Hit him? Beg him? Himchan open his mouth to respond, but he never got a chance to know how he was going to react, because as he opened his mouth to respond a pair of feminine hands wrapped around Yongguk’s waist.

“Gukkie! Sorry to make you wait! I am ready.” Youngguk smiled at the female as he unwrapped her hands from his waist. Himchan was livid. Here he was pinning after a male that did not even care about him and was about to embark on an adventure with some loose woman.

“Himchan, this is Song Jieun.  She will be studying at Harvard too.” Yongguk said with a smile.  The female extended her hand.  Himchan was breaking.  Jieun was not some loose woman.  She was the heir to Song Corp., a company only second to the Kim’s. 

“Well, I would love to chat, but I have to go now.” He looked with distaste at Jieun’s extended hand and turned to walk away, took two steps and turned with a dazzling smile.

“And Yongguk, about the deal. You did not have to worry. I was not going to wait. Have fun in the U.S.”

Then he walked away. Himchan’s inner diva had saved the day.

Yes, Himchan knew that Yongguk was his at age three.  The problem was that Bang Yongguk never got the memo.

After the airport incident, Himchan found solace in the arms of willing partners.  He tried to find someone else, but the stupid gummy smile kept haunting him.  Himchan had made his best efforts to avoid Yongguk, but the elder was not having it. Yongguk would show up randomly to his recitals, and send gifts to celebrate his accomplishments.  Eventually, Himchan gained enough strength to reciprocate some of the niceties that Yongguk was having towards him.  However, the pain was always there.  Was Yongguk with someone else? Had he found the one? It was a torture. Always looking for signs that Yongguk had someone over during their daily video calls.  He even surprised the elder a couple of times.  He played the role of a jealous boyfriend to a clueless Yongguk that was never his.

“Stop glaring and go claim him!”  A voice dragged Himchan out of his dark thoughts.  It was Youngjae, his confidant in all Yongguk matters.

“What?” Himchan asked confused. Yongjae signed and rolled his eyes.

“Chan, If looks could kill, Jieun would have been dead a long time ago. You know it does not work. You need to change tactics. Plus, I know that this is unfamiliar territory for you, but you are announcing your engagement to him tonight!  I believe that you are entitled to remove her sticky paws away from Yongguk.”  Himchan continued to look confused.  That is right! He was announcing his engagement tonight.  He had all the right to claim what was rightly his! 

“Ouch!” Himchan whined as he was forcefully pushed by Youngjae.  Youngjae was not a patient man.  Himchan wrapped his inner Diva around him as he walked towards Yongguk and the fox, giving himself a peep talk.

He managed to walk around them with the intention of back hugging Yongguk and placing a small kiss on his neck, but at the last moment he lost his nerve.

“Bang.” He settled with putting his arms around the elder and whispering Yongguk’s nickname as close to his ear as he could.  The angle was weird with Yongguk being a bit taller, but it was to be expected it was the first time that Himchan tried this move.  Himchan felt Yongguk tense at the initial contact and then quickly relax as he heard the familiar voice.

“Channie!”  Yongguk responded pleasantly surprised as he turned his full attention to Himchan with a gummy smile.  Himchan allowed himself to get lost in his simile purposefully ignoring Jieun and her disgusted face. 

“Hello.  I was hoping that we could go see our parents before they make the announcement. You know how emotional our mothers get.”  Himchan talked as Yongguk moved them to a more confortable position dragging Himchan to his side, putting his hand on his hip and placing a small kiss on Himchan temple as he brushed his nose along Himchan’s jawline.

“Sure.” Yongguk responded distractedly too busy playing with Himchan’s soft strands of hair.

“Oh, Jieun! I am sorry. I did not see you there!”  Himchan feigned surprise.

“Don’t worry.  I was just chatting with Yongguk about the event and the repercussions it could have on the children…”  Jieun smiled tightly.

“Yes, of course.”  Himchan’s acknowledgement of Jieun had brought her back to Yongguk’s radar.  Himchan pouted and this seemed to distract Yongguk that took a second too long to unscramble his thoughts.

“Jieun has made a great contribution and I was thanking her.  She just extended an invitation for a charity auction.”  Jieun’s smile slipped further.  It appeared that the invitation had been for Yongguk only.

“Oh, I would love to go.  When is it? We should make it our first official event after tonight! Imagine all the extra attention that will bring.”  Yongguk’s eyes got bright.  Himchan knew Yongguk and how much he cared about collecting funds for numerous beneficences.

“Yes, Jieun we would love to go.”  Yongguk accepted exited.  Jieun was no longer smiling, but she managed to acquiesce to Yongguk and to excuse herself.  Himchan waved at her in triumph.

“I think that I see my mother hyperventilating and your mother does not seem to be helping. Come on lets go meet them. “Himchan was surprised at how easily Jieun was dismissed.  He was stressing over nothing!  Well he did get a kiss.  Yongguk lead Himchan with a hand in the small of his back.  If it were anyone else Himchan would say that the hand was possessive, but this was Yongguk.  Sweet, responsible, Yongguk who was willing to marry his best friend to make his parents happy. 

There would be hell to pay later, but for now Himchan would enjoy been protected and coddled.  He would focus later on how to make Yongguk accept that he had been Himchan’s since they were three years old.

As they walked across the ballroom Himchan noticed the envious glares that the female population was sending him.  He leaned closer to Yongguk whispering nonsense words to his ear that made the elder laugh.  Himchan smiled triumphantly only one thought in his mind as he watched the crowd.

Mine. 

~~*~~

I might do a second part to this, "Yours," telling the story through Yongguk's point of view. Would that be too much?