New Year's Eve

Can We Start Again?

The next day at school...

Your POV

I went to first period and tried to avoid Chang Sun. I sat down at my seat and started playing with my phone a couple minutes before class started. 

Chang Sun came over and attempted to strike a conversation with me.

"Hey Ha Na! Did you finish all your homework yesterday?"

"Yeah." I tried to sound as nonchalant as I could.

"Are you free after school today?"

"No."

"Why can't you go?"

"Busy."

Chang Sun POV

"Busy."

Does she really like me? Why is she giving me one word answers?

"Oh, okay."

The bell rang and class started.

After each period, I waited to walk with her to the next class but she kept meeting with Jin Hyuk before going to each class.

School finally ended and she left with Jin Hyuk. I followed them home because I wanted to talk to Ha Na alone.

Your POV

"Jin Hyuk can you walk me home?"

"Yeah sure. Why?"

"Well I usually walk home with Chang Sun but I know that if I walk alone he'll follow me. Then we'll end up talking and then we would be back to normal. Just friends. I don't want that. Either we aren't friends or we date."

"Alright, let me tell Ji Hyo."

As soon as school ended, Jin Hyuk and I walked home. He dropped me off at home and I saw Chang Sun approaching the front of my house.

Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

I ignored the doorbell and started to read a magazine. Then the phone started ringing. 

"Hello?"

"Hey Ha Na! This is Jin Hyuk. Ji Hyo's throwing a New Year's Eve party. Do you want to come?"

"Yeah sure, why not. I have nothing better to do."

I got dressed and left the house. It was a 5 minute walk from my house to Ji Hyo's. I finally arrived and started talking to other people. Then I noticed a very familiar back. It was Chang Sun. 

I turned in the opposite direction as soon as I saw his back. 

"Hey Ha Na. Where are you going?"

Oh . I ran out of the house and on to the patio. I sat down to catch my breath.

"Hey, why were you in such a hurry?"

"Oh my gosh." I stood up and got ready to leave but he grabbed me.

"Can you stop running so that we can talk?"

"I have nothing to say." I tried to leave but he tightened his grip on my wrist.

"Well, I do. Why are you ignoring me?"

Because I like you. "Who says I'm ignoring you?"

"It's driving me crazy. I can't concentrate on anything because I don't know why you're being like this to me."

In the background you could hear people counting down. 5...4...3...2...1!

"You want to know why I'm avoiding you? Because I'm si-"

I suddenly got interrupted with a kiss.

Chang Sun POV

"You want to know why I'm avoiding you?"

I was tired of hearing her excuses. I wanted the truth.

"Because I'm si-" At the same time, I was counting down with the people in the background. 5...4...3...2...1! Go for it Chang Sun.

I pushed my tongue inside of , loving the way her body tensed as the pressure increased. My hands came around her back, and I tried to get all of her to push against me. I finally felt alive today. I increased the pressure, cupping her chin with my hand. I moved my lips down her neck and behind her ear. It started to get hot and I knew I had to stop before I got carried away.

Your POV

He took his lips off of mine after what felt like forever. I gasped for air and shly looked down.

"Let's keep it simple. I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and pecked his lips. "Yes. Of course."