The Beginning

Can We Start Again?

2005

Your POV

Today, I entered the High School of Performing Arts. The core classes were the same as the other high schools. The only thing that was different about this school was that each student had a class for the talent they entered the school with and they didn't have separate classes for each grade. 

Before I went to class, I met with my best friend Jin Hyuk. He and I have been friends ever since kindergarden. We were comfortable with each other because Jin Hyuk had a girlfriend that he had been with for a while. I asked him what his schedule was and it turns out we're in the same music class. After discussing our schedules, we went our separate ways and I headed to my first period class.

Throughout the day, I noticed that there was a black haired guy, who was handsome enough to be a kpop idol, in every single one of my classes. I caught his name in first period when the teacher was calling role. His name is Lee Chang Sun. After music class ended, it was time to go home. As I was about to leave, I was going to go up to him and say hi but he just whizzed past me and left. Weeks went by and I lost the timing to talk to him.

One day in Biology, the teacher paired up our class up to work on a lab. As she paired people off, I crossed my finger, hoping to be paired with Chang Sun. She got to me and looked around the room and saw Chang Sun. "Lee Chang Sun and Lee Ha Na. You two are lab partners." Score!

Chang Sun POV

"You two are lab partners." Yes. Finally! Now I have a reason to talk to her. We went to our lab table and started our lab. A hour later, we finished our lab and had 30 minutes of free time. What do we do now? What do I say?

Your POV

What should I talk about? My thoughts were interrupted when he asked, "So, what do you like to do the most?". 

I was taken aback but answered, "I really like to sing. What about you?".

"I like to sing too!" he replied. 

Chang Sun POV

"I really like to sing. What about you?" she replied.

Well duh, what else would she like to do. You guys are in the same class. Now it seems like you didn't notice her before. Great.

"I like to sing too!"

Your POV

Slowly, he started to ask me more questions and the awkwardness started to ease. We got close during the 30 minutes and exchanged numbers after class. 

Over the months, we started talking everyday at school and texting outside of school. Talking to him became comfortable and I slowly started to like him but I wasn't sure about how he felt. So I went to Jin Hyuk for advice since he had some experience with dating. I told him about how Chang Sun and I talked everyday and how close we had gotten. 

"I'm tired of us just talking. I can't tell if he likes me or not." 

"If he's taking the time out of his day to text you, it means he cares enough to text you back. Guys don't text people they don't like."

"Then why hasn't he made a move."

"He's probably not sure if you like him."

"There's no way he didn't notice. I sent him so many signs."

Right at that moment, I got a call from Chang Sun. Sighing I picked up the phone call.

"Hello?" 

"Hey, if you have time right now do you want to go watch a movie?"

"Sorry, I've got homework to do today. I'm really busy. Maybe next time."

"Oh, then I'll wait for you to-"

I cut him off and said "Bye."

Chang Sun POV

"Sorry, I've got homework to do today. I'm really busy. Maybe next time."

What? Homework? I'm in all her classes. How does she have homework and I don't. Something's wrong.

"Oh, then I'll wait for you to-"

But she cut me off with "Bye."

I tried calling her again. She picked up on the 5th ring. 

"Hello? Ha Na?"

Your POV

Chang Sun <3 calling

I pressed decline. Or so I thought.

"Why'd you tell him you were busy? You don't have any homework. And why did you just decline his phone call? This is unlike you."

"I'm tired of being just friends."

"Then talk to him."

"No. I've sent him enough signs. If he hasn't done anything yet, it means he doesn't feel the same way as me. Unless we become more than just friends, I'm not going to talk to him. I don't want to get lead on by him."

Chang Sun POV

"Why'd you tell him you were busy? You don't have any homework. And why did you just decline his phone call? This is unlike you."

"I'm tired of being just friends. 

Did I just hear right? So that means... she likes me? I hung up before she noticed I was listening. I laid in my bed and tried to put everything together. Of course I liked her, but since when did she like me? I wrestled with this and finally fell asleep after several hours of thinking.