Chapter 6

Not So Normal High School Life

*Text written in RED is for that the character is talking in English.

[Haeun's pov]

 

  My head hurts.. I groaned as I felt a horrible headache hitting me.

  That was the thing about me. I could handle alcohol really well, but the hangover was horrible. 

  I opened my eyes and saw I was sleeping on someone's chest. I looked up at the face of that person. I took me a while to recognize the person, because of my blurry vision, but when I did, I immediately got off him and off the couch too.

  It was Jongkook. 

  Did I do something?.. I scratched my head and looked around. Everyone, except Jin, was sprawled out on the couches.

  Lucius and Taehyung were sleeping on the floor next to the couch I was sleeping earlier. So as I went to the kitchen, wobbling a little bit, I kicked Lucius in the side and Taehyung in the leg.

  I'm so thirsty...

  As I was filling a glass with water in the kitchen, I heard someone's steps behind me.

  Then out of nowhere, that person took the glass from my hands. I looked at that person wide-eyed.

 "More.." Jongkook said in a husky morning voice and extended his arm towards me with the empty glass in hand. 

  Jongkook's messy morning hair made him look really hot. And not to mention, he was scratching his side, his hand under his shirt and it revealed the lower half of his toned abs. 

  I felt my cheeks getting warmer, so I quickly took the glass from Jongkook's hand, quickly filled it up to the brim and quickly handed it to Jongkook without looking at him and went out of the kitchen and hurried to my bedroom. 

  But just my luck, I collided into someone's chest. The contact was so hard I almost got slammed away, but the person I collided with rapped his arms around my waist. 

 "You're up?" I heard the person say and I leaned away from his chest. I was greeted by a warm smile that was formed on Jin's lips.

 "Y-Yeah..." I stuttered while responding.

 "How are you feeling?" Jin asked and released me.

 "My head hurts, but in all - I'm good." I answered and entered my bedroom and went towards the closet. 

 "I can make you tea, if you want?" Jin asked as he entered my room and sat on the edge of my bed. 

 "That would be nice." I smiled to myself as I took out some clothes to change to from the closet. "And be sure to make some for those still sleeping." I said and went to the bathroom that was adjoined to my bedroom.

  After I changed to my lounge clothes - a grey t-shirt and black sweatpants - I went to the kitchen where Jin, Jongkook and Ivan were already drinking tea.

 "Good morning!" I beamed at the guys sitting at the kitchen table and took a seat on a chair next to Ivan. I gave Ivan a peck on the cheek. I always greeted him and Lucius like that.

  I didn't notice that one of the males sitting in front of me across the table was actually sending a horrible death glare at Ivan. 

 "I'm not even gonna ask how are you feeling." Ivan commented and gave me a mug filled with green tea. Ivan knew of my horrible hangovers. 

 "How was your sleep?" I looked at all three males, but I couldn't look at Jongkook properly because of earlier. 

 "Pretty good." Jin answered with a smile ans Ivan's answer was about the same.

 "Mine wasn't." Jongkook said and glared at me.

 "That's not my fault." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my tea.

 "Yes, it is." Jongkook said in a cold tone.

 "You could've just pushed me towards Ivan. He wouldn't have minded." I said and looked at the other two males who were looking at Jongkook and I curiously. 

 "But you weight the same as an elephant." Jongkook mocked while I looked at him with my mouth open. 

 "Whay did you just say?" I glared at Jongkook and took a water bottle that was on the table next to other mugs of tea.

 "You heard me." Jongkook smirked.

 "Do not make me hit you with this water bottle. , I will throw this at lightning speed. Don't test me." I warned. 

 "What's going on in here?" Lucius walked in the kitchen confused, clearly still half asleep. 

 "Jongkook is being a ." Ivan said nonchalantly while Jongkook glared at Ivan. 

 "Oh..." Lucius walked to the table and took one of the mugs with tea.

  And from then on more people woke up and after drinking some tea, went home.

 

****

 

  It was Monday. 

  The classes for the day had already ended.

  As I was walking out of the school, someone stopped me.

 "Haeun..." A blonde guy called my name shyly as he was looking down at the ground. 

 "Yes... Dongwoo." I said with a friendly smile and the guy looked up at me surprised. 

 "You... You know my name?" Dongwoo pointed at himself. 

 "Yes, of course. We're in the same class." I said and brought my scarf up to my nose, because the wind that day was quite cold and strong.

 "Right..." Dongwoo scratched his neck as he nodded.

 "So, did you need something from me?" I asked nicely. 

 "Yes. Actually..." He trailed off. "I really like you. Will you be my girlfriend?" He blurted out. I stood there in utter shock. 

 "Me?" This time I was pointing at myself. Dongwoo eagerly nodded his head.

 "Yes. I have liked you since the day you transfered." The blonde guy took my hands in his as I stood there not knowing what to do. 

 "Thanks..." I trailed off. What should I say to him? I don't want to reject this guy... Neither can I be his girlfriend... I contemplated in my head as I was looking at Dongwoo's face that said 'please say yes'.

 "But no thanks." A familiar voice said and the person swung his arm around my shoulder. I looked at my left to see a glaring Ivan.

 "Um.." Dongwoo didn't know what to do nor say. His face told he wanted to dig a hole and bury himself alive. "Sorry, Haeun. I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Dongwoo slightly bowed and quickly scurried away in embarrassment. 

 "Yah!" I shouted at Ivan and kicked him in the leg. 

 "Why did you kick me?!" Ivan shouted back as he was jumping on his left leg while holding his right one close to his chest. 

 "You were being really rude to that poor guy." I pointed to the direction where Dongwoo has ran off and crossed my arms in front of my chest. 

 "Hey! Why did you run off?" Lucius panted out as he ran up to us.

 "He chased off a guy who confessed to me." I said and glared at Ivan, who was now back standing on his both legs.

 "A guy confessed to you?! How could he?!" Lucius yelled. He yelped as I hit him on the back of his head. Even though I was quite short, my hand did reach that giant's head. 

 "Who are they?" I heard whispers of the students, who were still on the school's campus.

 "Which do you think is her boyfriend?" One guy of a group of boys that was talking as they were walking by us.

 "Maybe the one with dark hair?" Another guy, was walking beside the first one that talked, pointed at Ivan. 

 "I bet it's that foreigner." Another one butted in and pointed at Lucius as the latter was trying to kiss my cheek to apologize while I was leaning away from him, because Lucius' arm was wrapped around my waist. 

 "What's going on here?" I heard Jin's voice behind me. I turned to look at him and was greeted by the whole group of BTS.

 "Ivan chased off a guy, who confessed to Haeun." Lucius said in broken Korean. 

 "Really? So what answer did you give him?" Taehyung asked excitedly. 

 "I didn't get to answer him, because of this turd here." I answered and motioned with my chin towards Ivan.

 "I don't get him. What did he see in you?" Jongkook said out of nowhere. I looked at him with a -said-what face expression. 

 "Yah, Jongkook-" Jin got cut off when I walked up to Jongkook and kicked him in the thigh. 

 "And what did that you dated saw in you? Oh wait, she didn't see anything. She just used you." I said in a y tone while Jongkook was glaring at me, his jaw clenched. 

 "You -" Jongkook raised his hand.

 "And now you're gonna slap me? That's low." I smirked and that pissed Jongkook off even more, which was my goal. 

 "Okay boys, let's go get something to eat!" I exclaimed as Ivan brought his arm around my shoulders and the BTS followed us, leaving a fuming Jongkook behind. 

  But before they walked off, Ivan turned his head to look at Jongkook behind them and smirked. 

 

****

 

  A couple of weeks passed since that day.

  Jongkook was still angry at me. But that didn't really bother me.

  It was a Thursday evening and I was bidding goodbyes to my friends, who came to visit me. They actually stayed more than they intended to; five days turned into three weeks.

 "I'm gonna miss you. Call us more often." Lucius said as he was hugging me.

 "Of course I will." I said as tears welled up in my eyes. Then Lucius released me from the tight hug.

 "I'm gonna miss you.." Ivan said as he too embraced me tightly. 

 "Me too." I responded and Ivan released me and went towards Jin who was standing beside me.

  Oh, didn't I mention that Jin drove us to the airport? 

 

[Jin's pov]

 

  I saw Ivan walking towards me with a fake smile, which I returned. 

  I was waiting for just a handshake out of politeness, but Ivan hugged me in a 'bro' way.

  The other two - Haeun and Lucius - were in their own world as they were hugging yet again.

 "I'm gonna warn you." Ivan whispered to my ear. "Don't you dare to hit on Haeun. You know why?" He asked, but answered instead of me. "Because I have been gathering courage to confess my feelings to her since we met. And I don't want you or any other guy get in my way. Understand?" Ivan asked and after backing up from me, he glared at me. I didn't know what to even say as Ivan patted my shoulder not-so-nicely and put on a fake smile once again. 

 "Then be sure to message me when you'll be landing in New York. I love you both." Haeun said to her friends and kissed their cheeks.

  As Haeun's lips touched Ivan's cheek, that annoying smirk of his was plastered on his face as he was looking at me. This time I glared back.

  Lucius and Ivan waved to Haeun for the last time and walked away and Haeun and I walked to the parking lot to my car.

  On our way home Haeun was really quiet and I could tell she was sad. 

  I took her hand thay was laying on her lap and squeeze it lightly in reassuring manner. 

 "Don't worry, you can text them, call them and if you'd want to see them, you can Skype with them. So don't be sad." I flashed a sweet smile at Haeun and she nodded in return. 

  The whole ride to her place, my hand was still holding Haeun's hand. 

  I dropped her off after we arrived at the apartment complex and I drove home.

 

****

 

[Haeun's pov]

 

  I woke up still feeling a bit sad. But I still had to get up for school.

  I got dressed up, made myself delicious breakfast and wade my way to school.

 

****

 

  The whole day was a bit boring, mainly because of the weather - it was raining cats and dogs.

  The last period was homeroom. 

 "I have great news for you all." Our homeroom teacher exclaimed. "This year we'll be having a trip to Bali!" The guys around me roared in excitement. 

  I actually knew about the trip earlier than all of my classmates. My father started financing this school and he told the news to me about the trip. 

 "We'll be living this Sunday morning. So you better pack up your summer clothes and be ready to relax for a whole week!" The teacher looked as excited as the students. "So now, I'll announce pairs who will be staying in the same room." 

  The teacher started naming the pairs.

 "Jongkook and... Haeun!" Jongkook and I looked each other. "I hope there won't be any events staying in the same room. If you know what I mean?" The teacher winked at us. Oh. My. ing. God. Why him? I'd rather stay with Jin.. I though as I made a disappointed face expression.

  After that, the teacher named the pairs the were left and said other information about the trip.

 "Why am I stuck with you?" Jongkook asked me after the bell rang.

 "I should be the one asking that." I said and Jongkook glared at me while I just rolled my eyes and headed home after getting my coat.

 

 


 

[A/N]

 

  Hi everyone! 

  Here's another chapter! I'm updating from my phone, but when I'll be home, I'll edit this chapter. "

  Health update: I'm alright. The numbness from the whole left side of my body is only left in my fingers. The tests that were run on didn't show anything serious and the doctors aren't really worried about me. So I got discharged a couple of moments ago. But if anything will go wrong again, I'll have to come back to the hospital. So I'm just praying nothing will go wrong with me.

  I think I might post a blog post about my stay in hospital.

  This is random, but I finally feel what the girls, whose crushes text them first, feel. Like it's so ing weird for me to be all giddy after receiving a text. But just in case, you're wondering if I will start neglecting my fanfics, don't worry. I think me, having a crush on someone, might help me write. So there might be even more chapters coming your way.

  Okay, I'm actually in a pizza place with my mom. Mainly because I missed going outside and staying the whole week between 4 walls almost made me claustrophobic.

  Bye my cutie pie munchkins!