Chapter 12

Not So Normal High School Life

[Haeun's pov]

 

  Jin and I were currently sitting in a café, sipping our hot drinks while looking out the window and watching the snow fall to the ground.

  While chatting with Jin, I couldn't help thinking about Jungkook. He told me they were done... So why did he let her cling on him like that? I kept remembering Hyunah's y smirk as she and Jungkook walked away from the school gates. So that kiss really meant nothing?..

  Oh, Park Haeun, get your together! I yelled at myself internally. You told him yourself to forget about it, so what else did you want to happen? And why are you getting so worked up about the kiss? You already have a boyfriend!

 "Everything's alright?" Jin asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You've been spacing out.."

 "Yeah.." I sighed heavily and and took a sip of my hot chocolate.

 "Do you want to talk about it?" Jin looked at me with a worried look.

  I shook my head.

 "So what are your plans for the winter break?" Jin asked, changing the topic. "Are you going to visit your family?"

 "No, this year they said they'll be busy." I said, my mood changing to grim.

 "Then how about spending the winter break together?" Jin asked excitedly. I looked up at him from the cup in front of me in hesitation. "The boys are thinking of going on a trip."

 "Where?"

 "Hoseok's aunt has a pension near the beach and it's usually empty during the winter. So we thought on going there." Jin explained with a bright smile. "What do you think? Are you coming or not?"

 "I-I don't know.." I trailed off as I awkwardly looked at my phone. Jungkook was going to be there and I was 100% sure I wanted to avoid him as much as possible.

  At that moment Jin's phone started ringing.

 "Hey!" Jin brightly answered the call. "I'm with Haeun and I was just telling our plans for the winter break." I figured it was one of the guys. "She's thinking of not going." Jin's voice was laced with disappointment and it made me feel guilty.

  I heard a loud shriek coming from the phone and Jin quickly pulled it away from his ear. Then he got an order from the caller to let them talk to me.

 "Hello?" I held the handed phone to my ear.

 "Haeun! Are you kidding me?!" Hoseok's loud voice rang through the phone's speaker.

 "No, I'm not." I answered cautiously.

 "So you already made plans for the break?" Hoseok asked accusingly.

 "N-No.." I bit my lower lip.

 "That means you're going with us, period." Hoseok exclaimed strictly and ended the call, without waiting for my response.

 "So your going?" Jin asked as I handed him the phone back.

 "Acording to Hoseok, yes." I gave Jin a lopsided smile and sipped my hot chocolate.

 "You're not going to regret it, I'm sure." Jin said with a wide smile.

 

 

****

 

  Jin and I were walking hand in hand down the busy street. The street was full of couples, families and groups of teenagers mingling everywhere.

  The street was decorated with fairy lights and other Christmas decorations. I felt a smile forming on my lips.

 "Hey, isn't that Jungkook?" Jin's question made my heart stop.

  I looked at where Jin was pointing and saw the familiar dark-haired male standing with a girl at one of the food stalls near where we were standing. Even here I can't escape Jungkook.

 "Jungkook!" Jin shouted and waved his hand in the air, catching attention of the two.

 "What a coincidence to meet you here!" A shrill voice exclaimed. I glared at the Hyunah as she and Jungkook walked up to us.

 "Yeah, it sure is a coincidence." Jungkook said with a smug smirk as Hyunah draped herself over him.

 "What are you two doing here?" I asked in the sweetest voice ever.

 "Just thought of going out for a while." Hyunah shrugged her shoulders innocently. "And you?"

 "We're on a date." Jin held up our hands with a smile.

 "So why don't we have a double date?" Hyunah suggestion made me frown.

 "Uhh-" I started, but Jungkook cut me off.

 "That's a great idea!" Jungkook was staring straight at me as he said that.

 

 

****

 

  What did I do in my past life to deserve this? I thought as I sat at a table with the other three in a pizzeria. Jin sat in front of me with Jungkook on his left and Hyunah sat on my right.

  We all ordered a large pizza to share while Hyunah ordered herself a salad. I rolled my eyes as I watched her stab and eat the leaves in her plate.

  The pizza was sinfully delicious and I was already eating my third slice of pizza.

 "Haeun." Jin called out my name and Jungkook and Hyunah turned to look at me. I hummed in response and lowered the slice of pizza from my mouth.

 "You've got something-" Jin leaned over the table and wiped the corner of my lips with a napkin. "You had some ketchup there." Jin smiled warmly and took a sip of his Pepsi.

  I returned the smile and went back to eating.

  I glanced at my right to catch Jungkook staring at me. Even though he was caught, he kept staring at me.

  I looked away, not bearing looking at him.

 "Jungkook!" Hyunah's annoying voice made me roll my eyes for the nth time. Jungkook looked at the other girl uninterested. "What will you be doing during the winter break?"

 "I'm going on a trip with the guys." Jungkook said flatly.

 "Where?"

 "To the beach, we'll be staying at Hoseok's aunt's pension." Jin answered instead of Jungkook.

 "Can I come?" I glared at Hyunah. If she's is coming together, I'm not going.

 "We no longer have any spots left. My car can only take eight people." Jin said, making me smirk. Ha!

 "So how's the eighth person?" Hyunah asked, clearly unimpressed about the situation.

 "Haeun." Jin answered with a smile.

  Hyunah sneered at me when the two males focused back on their food. I smiled sweetly at her.

 

****

 

  The winter break came faster than I thought. And we all were getting ready to get on the road.

  I was putting on my winter coat when the doorbell rang.

  I thought it was Jin who came to pick me up. But the person at my door certainly wasn't him.

  I opened the door and was greeted by Jungkook.

 "You're ready?" He asked nonchalantly as I stared at him.

 "Y-Yeah." I cursed at myself for stuttering. "My suitcase is in the living room." I said and let Jungkook into the apartment.

  As Jungkook got my suitcase, I got my backpack. Then we both went to the elevator after I locked my apartment.

  I felt nervous and uneasy being in the elevator with Jungkook alone.

 "So you started going out with Hyunah again?" I asked without looking at Jungkook as the question kept bugging me for a while.

 "Why are you asking?" Jungkook asked and I felt his eyes on me.

 "Just curious." I tried acting about the whole thing nonchalantly, but I was sure Jungkook wasn't buying any of it. "Since you told me you two were done on that day.." I mumbled quietly but Jungkook still caught it.

 "You told me to forget about that day, but didn't do that yourself." Jungkook let go of the handle of my suitcase and stood in front of me. "And what if I am dating Hyunah again? What does that have to do with you? You have a boyfriend, don't you remember?" Jungkook placed his hands on the wall of the elevator behind me, trapping me.

  I didn't say anything and kept my head down. Seriously, what was I even thinking?

 "But, no, we're not dating, she just won't back off." Jungkook answered my question nonetheless. I looked up and Jungkook looked like he said the truth.

  Jungkook leaned in, his face was just an inch away from mine. He started straight into my eyes and I felt my cheeks heat up as I held my breath in.

  But then the elevator dinged, indicating we already reached the floor we needed.

  Jungkook picked up my suitcase and went out into the loby.

 "You're coming or not?" Jungkook called out as he noticed I was still rooted in my spot.

  I shook my head to clear my mind from any dirty thoughts and went out of the elevator to Jin's mini-van parked outside of my apartment complex.

 

 


 

 

[A/N]

 

  Heyyyyyy!!!

  Today's my birthday so I thought I would update today as a present from my on my birthday. I know, that's quite confusing.

  'Kay, gotta go now.

  Smell ya later!