Chapter 4

Not So Normal High School Life

*Text written in RED is for that the character is talking in English.

 

[Haeun’s pov]

 

  I can’t believe it already has been two weeks since I came to South Korea… I thought as I walked in the school through the entrance. It was Friday morning.

 “Good morning!” I was greeted by a really cheerful Hoseok and I greeted him back. As we were talking about our classes, the rest of BTS approached us.

 “So how is the birthday girl doing?” Jimin asked as he slung his arm around my shoulders which I pretty grown to.

 “Oh, right… Today’s my birthday. I totally forgot about that.” I said scratching my head while smiling sheepishly.

 "So what are your plans for today?" Namjoon asked.

 "I don't know.."

 "Why don't we just celebrate at your place?" Suga suggested.

 "I guess we can..." I said as we started heading to our 1st period.

 "I'll get drinks!" Jimin beamed. I guess I'll be drinking alcohol on my birthday this year...

 "Then Jongkook could bring the food, since his mother's cooking is the best!" Taehyung said with a wide smile on his face. I looked at Jongkook, and to my surprise, he nodded his head.

  Jongkook has been acting weird since the night in the club. One moment he's comfortable around me, other - he's sending daggers with his eyes at me. He's worse than a girl on her period...

 "Then it's settled! We will come to your place at around 8p.m." Jin said and we all quickly went to the Math class after the bell rang.

  The day went as usual and after school, I went straight home.

  When I was finally at home, I changed to this. I decided to do my homework, since I didn't need to prepare much for the evening.

  Suddenly, while I was reading my History book, my phone started ringing.

 "Hello?" I answered the call as I continued to read without even looking at the caller's ID.

 "Hello, sweetie!" a big smile formed on my lips as I heard my mom's voice. "Happy birthday!" my mother beamed.

 "Thank you!" I said as I put down my History book on the bed.

 "So how are you going to celebrate your birthday this year?"

 "With my friends at my apartment." I said and looked at the alarm clock on the end table next to my bed, it showed 5.47p.m.

 "Then it's good! But be careful, they're boys and I'm pretty sure there will be alcohol." my mom said in her most motherly tone. She let me drink alcohol on special occasions, even though I was underage.

 "So dad already told you about them?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

 "Yes. I'm going to say this, but this will be only between us." she said in a shushed tone. Probably dad is somewhere near.. "Dad thinks that I agree with him about finding you a guy, but I don't. I'm actually thinking of ways how to get him to understand that you have to find a perfect guy yourself. So don't worry, you're not going to have to marry a guy you don't love."

 "Thank you.." I was really thankful that my mom was so understanding, she was like a friend to me.

 "Okay, I have to go. Bye, sweetie! Have a great birthday!" my mom said and after I bid her a goodbye, I ended the call.

  Then I continued to read the History book, that was on my bed.

  When it was about 8p.m, the doorbell rang.

  I quickly got up from my bed and ran to the door.

 "Happy birthday!" BTS greeted me after I opened the door.

 "Thank you!" I said with a big smile and let them in.

  The guys went to the living room and put the bags, that they had brought with them, on the coffee table and we quickly emptied them. There was containers with kimchi, some side dishes and some snacks in one bag, in the other - soju and beer bottles and shot glasses.

 "Let's have a toast to the birthday girl!" Jimin beamed as he handed me a shot of soju, but he was stopped by a hand.

 "Haeun, are you sure?" Jin asked as he looked at me worriedly.

 "Don't worry, I can handle alcohol pretty well." I said with a reassuring smile and took the shot glass from Jimin's hand.

 "To the birthday girl!" the guys, except Jongkook, beamed and we all drank our shots. At first the taste of soju was unbearable, but I got used to it after a while.

  We were watching TV still drinking, don't worry, I wasn't even tipsy, when the doorbell rang. Who could it be? I thought as we all exchanged confused glances.

 "I'll get it!" Jimin stood up from the floor, where he was sitting just moments ago, and went to the door, tripping on his feet making all of us laugh.

  While he went to get the door, I went to get some water.

  As I was standing in front of the sink waiting for the water to fill the glass in my hand, I felt hands snaking around my waist. I quickly turned around to find Lucius standing in front of me with his arms still around my waist.

 "Lucius!" I beamed as I quickly put the glass of water on the counter next to me and wrapped my arms around Lucius' neck and pulled him into a thight hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked Lucius as I released him from the hug.

 "Are you not happy to see us here?" a cute pout formed on Lucius' lips as he said that.

 "No, I'm really happy- Wait, 'us'?" I looked at him utterly confused.

 "Hey, birthday girl!" I heard Ivan's voice coming from the direction of the archway leading to the living room. I looked over Lucius' shoulder and found my other best friend standing while smiling at me.

  Lucius let me go from his hold and I ran to hug Ivan. As we were hugging, he picked me up from the floor and spun me around a couple of times.

 "What are you two doing here?" I asked Ivan as the latter put me back on the floor.

 "We wanted to celebrate your birthday with you!" Ivan beamed which was quite unusual for him, since he was the quiet one together with me and Lucius.

 

[Author's pov]

 

  While Ivan and Lucius were greeting Haeun, BTS stood awkwardly at the kitchen entrance.  

  Jimin cleared his throat to attract the attention of the three, who were definitely oblivious that the group of boys were watching them.

 "Oh, sorry." Haeun looked at the guys with a sheepish smile. "I should introduce you to each other. Guys, this is Ivan and Lucius, my best friends from New York." Ivan's face went to a poker face as Lucius, being the friendly one, greeted BTS in crappy Korean as he slipped his arm around Haeun's waist again. Everyone of BTS, except Jongkook, greeted Haeun's friends back.

  But no one catched Jin's fake smile.

 "Ivan, Lucius, these are my friends - Namjoon, Yoongi, or you can call him Suga, Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung and Jongkook." Haeun introduced BTS to her best friends in English.

 "What are they doing here?" while Lucius and Haeun were busy catching up on some things, Jimin whispered to Jongkook, who was standing next to him, while looking at Ivan, who was standing not so far away from them. Little did they know that Ivan could understand Korean language, since his mother was Korean.

 "I don't know nor care, but I hope they go away quickly. I don't like them." Jongkook said through gritted teeth.

 "Nether do I." Jin butted in.

 "Wow.. But you're friendly to others even strangers. Why do you not like Ivan and Lucius?" Jimin looked at Jin, who was glaring at Lucius, even though Lucius was busy talking with Haeun.

 "They just don't give me a good vibe." Jin answered.

 

  Oh, boy.. This was not going to develop into a friendship between the guys. Not even close..

 

 


 

 

[A/N]

 

  Hey! (No weird greeting..)

 

  Sorry for not updating so long!

 

  So, I celebrated my birthday last Friday!

 Well... I drank quite some alcohol and was sitting on the bank of a river with my friend. I got 17 roses - 3 from my friend at school, 14 from my other friend, whom I celebrated my birthday with. I celebrated my birthday on the 25th, even though my birthday is on the 26th, and I'm still celebrating. You know, finishing leftover cakes (yes, I said cakes)..

  Birthday is a happy occasion, but I only listened to one birthday song - Epik High's "Happy Birthday To Me".

  I'll try to update more frequently. But I'm not going to promise you that, since I'm trying to write a chapter for my another ongoing fanfic.

  Fact #4: I'm really bad at sports. Even though I look like an athletic person, my body is made out of pizza. I wasn't always like this. I was a quite fast runner, but after an ankle injury, I had to stop my physical activities (running, dancing, playing badminton). I danced Lithuanian traditional dances for 4 years, but after the injury, I quit. Not long ago, around 3 or 4 months ago, I experienced another injury, but this time my leg was put in plaster. Even though it happened quite some time ago, I still suffer the unbearable pain.

 

Okay, I gotta go. Bye!

 

 

 

 

                          ...