Chapter 5

Not So Normal High School Life

*Text written in RED is for that the character is talking in English.

[Haeun's pov]

 

  BTS, my friends from NY - Lucius and Ivan - and I were at the living room.

  I sat on one of the couches squished between Ivan and Jongkook. Not all of us could fit on the couches or armchairs, so Lucius was sitting on the floor, his back to the couch I was sitting on. He was sitting there because he always liked me to play with his hair. Next to him sat Namjoon and Taehyung.

 "Um.." I cleared my throat to break the awkward silence. "Maybe we should watch a movie or something?" I suggested in Korean and then repeated the sentence in English for my foreign friends.

  But talking in English just for Ivan and Lucius wasn't really important. Lucius started learning Korean since we became friends, but Ivan didn't need to because he was already fluent in Korean, since his mom was Korean.

 "Yeah, that sounds great!" Lucius beamed while I played with his hair.

 "What movie should we watch?" Jin asked.

 "Maybe 'The Human Centepede'?" Namjoon suggested and Taehyung made a disgusted face.

 "Why that one?" Taehyung whined.

 "Because I want to watch it." Namjoon answered.

 "But I heard it's a really disgusting movie." Taehyung whined again.

 "You can always cover your eyes and ears." Yoongi said in monotone.

 "So 'The Human Centepede' it is!" I said and went to my room to get my laptop and brought it to the living room and connected it to my flat screen TV with a cable.

  I searched through the movie catalog in my laptop for the movie.

 "Okay, found it!" I beamed after I got the movie ready for watching. "Maybe we should make some popcorn?" I asked the guys and they nodded in response.

 "Then let me help you." Jin got up from his seat and he and I went to the kitchen.

 "So how long you and your friends have known each other?" Jin asked as we were waiting for the popcorn to pop in the microwave.

 "We met in middle school. I was a pretty popular kid. First I met Lucius, we both palyed football. Then through Lucius I met Ivan. Both of them are a year older than me, but it feels like they're younger. Lucius is like me - he has bubbly personality, always cheerful - he's really friendly, so I didn't find any problems while getting to know him." I finished with a smile while taking out the popcorn out of the microwave.

 "I think I won't be able to approach Ivan." Jn said as he put another package of instant popcorn in the microwave.

 "Why?" I looked up at him.

 "Because he's always really quiet and has this poker face on."

 "He's like that because he doesn't know you. He's always been like that to strangers. but if you get to know him he's a pretty fun and hilarious guy." I said with a smile and Jin nodded in response.

  But I didn't know that Jin wasn't even concerned about Ivan.

  When we put all of the popcorn in big bowls and went back to the living room.

 "Let's get started!" I exclaimed and clicked the 'play' button on my laptop and went to sit on one of the couches and got squished between Ivan and Jongkook again.

 

****

 

  When we finished watching the first movie 'The Human Centepede', it was half past midnight.

 "I loved it!" I shouted in English putting down an empty can of beer, which was my 4th one.

 "You did?" Yoongi looked at me like I grew a second head.

 "Yeah. Why?" I asked confused.

 "You see, normally, girls get disgusted and scared because of these kind of movies." Namjoon said matter-of-factly.

 "Believe me, she's not one of them." Lucius said in broken Korean. I smiled because it was really cute.

 "She loves these kind of movies." Ivan said in Korean fluently. The guys of BTS looked at him amazed. "She made me and Lucius watch even more grosser movies."

 "Ay, but you liked it, didn't you?" I nudged Ivan with my elbow.

 "No, I almost threw up." He answered with a poker face in monotone.

 "But you still love me, don't you?" I smiled a big smile while Ivan just dismissed me with his hand.

 "How do you speak Korean so fluently?" Jin asked.

 "My mom is Korean, she taught me." Ivan answered.

 "Oh, that's good. We can communicate better then." Jin smiled.

  I didn't notice that the smile was fake. But Ivan did.

 "Okay, what movie should we watch next?" Jimin asked and stuffed his mouth with buttery popcorn.

 "'The Conjuring'!" Taehyung shouted.

 "I thought you didn't like scary movies." Namjoon teased the orange-haired guy.

 "Well, that's true." Taehyung looked embarrassed. "But I want to watch it." He said and shrugged his shoulders.

 "Haeun, do you have it?" Hoseok asked.

 "Of course she has." Ivan said.

 "Can someone please talk in English? I'm the only person here who only knows a little bit of Korean." Lucius heaved a frustrated sigh.

 "No one cares." Ivan said plainly.

 "You little !" Lucius got up from the floor and turned around to take Ivan in headlock. Ivan's arms were flailing around while we all laughed.

 "Can you shut up and just watch the movie?" Jongkook said sternly beside me.

 "Okay.." I looked at him with dissatisfied face expression. "Party pooper." I said under my breath and got up from the couch and went to my laptop.

 "I heard that, you ." Jongkook said out of nowhere.

  The guys of BTS started scolding Jongkook for being rude while Ivan was already killing him in his mind. Only Lucius didn't know what was going on.

 "Yah! Jongkook, don't be so rude-"

 "I don't give a flying . And don't even dare to call me a . You don't know me, ." I said in a cold tone and turned around to be greeted with shocked faces of BTS. Even Jongkook didn't see this coming. "I'm going to the bathroom. If you want you can start watching the movie without me." My face expression turned from cold to normal and I smiled and went to the bathroom.

 

[Author's pov]

 

 "What just happened?..." Hoseok asked still confused. "Her face was all cold and stoic one second and then the other - normal.."

 "That's the scary thing about her." Ivan said in response. "She becomes like this when she's pissed."

 "She was like that to you too?!" Jimin screeched.

 "Only once." Ivan answered. "To both of us." He pointed with his finger at himself and Lucius.

 "But why did she get angry? What did you do to her?" Namjoon asked.

 "We pulled a prank on her. We locked her in a janitor's closet in our school and turned off the lights in there." Ivan started telling the story. "After we let her out, we regretted it that instant. She was having a panic attack, because she's claustrophobic. I felt really bad. I still do. But when she calmed down, she was really angry. She didn't talk to us for a couple of days."

 "She's claustrophobic?" Jin asked.

 "Yes. When she was little, she got locked up in a bathroom when she was home alone. The bathroom was really narrow; a toilet and a sink almost didn't fit in there. From then on, she doesn't get on elevators nor go to small spaces." Ivan was looking really guilty as he was telling the story. "When her parents told me the story, I really, really felt bad for pulling that stupid prank on her." Lucius patted Ivan's knee while looking as guilty as Ivan. "When I learned thw news of her going here to finish school, I was really worried. What if something like that happens to her? How will she live alone? Will she have someone who will take care of her? All these questions were buzzing like bees in my head. But when I saw you all," Ivan looked up to the boys of BTS. "I feel a little bit at ease."

 "We will surely take care of her-"

 "Let's watch the movie!" The sound of the bathroom door opening cut off Jin and the loud voice of Haeun was heard. "Whatchu talking about?" Haeun asked with a smile as she went to her laptop.

 "Guy stuff." Ivan answered.

 "Wait, don't you need to go home?" Haeun asked while looking at the boys of BTS.

 "No. We told our parents we will be celebrating or friend's birthday." Hoseok explained.

 "My dad said not to come back till morning and he even bought these drinks for us." Jimin said and pointed his finger to the empty and full cans of beer and a couple bottles of soju.

 "Well, let's start watching 'The Conjuring'!"

  Everyone was enjoying watching the movie, but no one knew what Ivan was going to say when Haeun came back from the bathroom.

 

****

 

  As 'The Conjuring' was coming to end, quite some people in the living room were already asleep. It was almost 4a.m.

  Jongkook was still watching the movie when he felt weight on his left shoulder. He looked to his left and found Haeun sleeping soundly, her head resting on his shoulder.

  Why on me? Ivan is next to you too. Jongkook frowned and pushed Haeun's head away from him with his finger. But Haeun rapped her arms around Jongkook's left arm. He tried to pry her arms off of him, but to no avail.

  Jongkook heaved a frustrated sigh and continued to watch the movie.

  When the movie ended, Jongkook looked around the the living room. He was the only one awake.

 "Hey.." Jongkook whispered as he shook Haeun. He tried some other ways to wake Haeun up, but nothing worked. She drank too much. But she didn't look drunk though... Jongkook thought.

  Jongkook sighed and decided to just let Haeun sleep. As mich as he hated that decision.

  After about ten minutes, Jongkook too fell asleep.

 

 


 

 

  Hey! I'm back with an update!!!!!

  I'm back after about two months. And I won't be leaving untill I finish this story. In other words - this story is no longer put on hold!!!

  I still haven't finished my ongoing fanfic, but I'm just going to continue writing this story. Because I don't think I'll be finishing it soon. I think it will be about 60 chapters long and I wrote 15 chapter as of now.

  In these couple of months a lot has happened in my life. And a lot of them aren't good nor happy.

  I'm already writing another chapter for this story, so I should be updating at the end of the coming week.

  I gotta go. Bye!!! ♡♡♡