Chapter 11

Not So Normal High School Life

[Haeun's pov]

 

  What the hell?

  I froze in my spot as Jungkook's lips touched mine.

  It was like a dream; the guy I liked was kissing me.

  But it came all crashing down when I remembered what happened the day I saw Jungkook at the school gates.

 

~ Flashback ~

 

  Jin took me to a park near the school.

 "What happened?" Jin asked as we both sat on a bench, I was in Jin's embrace, still crying. "What made you so upset?" He asked softly as he my hair.

 "Nothing.." I didn't want to tell anything to Jin.

 "I saw Jungkook with his ex-girlfriend at the gates.. Is that why you're crying?" He hit the jackpot.

 "N-No.." I stuttered and looked away, wiping my wet cheeks.

 "If it was me, I would never make you cry." Jin said and made me look at him by placing his plams on the sides of my face. "If you'd let me be your most important person.."

  Then I made a huge mistake.

 "You can be that person." I said. I wanted to get rid of my feelings for Jungkook as fast as I could. And at that moment I thought being Jin's girlfriend would help me.

 "I can?!" Jin was ecstatic. I nodded.

 

~ End of the flashback ~

 

  I pushed away Jungkook and tore my hands from Jungkook's.

 "What you just did is unacceptable." I said and tried to make my voice sound as cold as I could.

 "Why?" Jungkook asked. Jungkook was confused as I couldn't look at him straight in the eye.

 "Because I'm someone else's girlfriend." I looked up from my hands at Jungkook.

 "Who is he?" Jungkook asked with an unreadable face expression.

 "Jin." I answered. "Let's forget what happened here." I added.

  Jungkook sat in silence. I didn't know what kind of thoughts were running through his mind.

  I averted my gaze to the clock above the classroom door and realized that the detention has ended.

  I got my things and made my way out of the school after informing Jungkook that the detention has ended.

 

****

 

  The first period of the day was Homeroom.

  I was sitting silently in my seat. Jungkook was quiet too.

 "Since our school got quite popular, we have three new students!" Our homeroom teacher beamed. I just simply played with my phone, which I hid under the desk. "Come in!" And the whole class roared.

  I got startled and looked up from my phone. Two girls and a guy stood in the front of the class.

  I recognized one of the girls; it was Jungkook's ex-girlfriend, Hyunah. What is she doing here? I frowned. I eyed her with disgust. She wore a lot of makeup. Even though the uniform skirt was already quite short, she shortened it even more.

 "Please introduce yourselves." The teacher said.

 "I'm Kim Hyunah. Please take care of me." She introduced herself with a confident smile. But she was only looking at Jungkook.

 "I'm Choi Jinri." The other girl introduced herself with an unreadable face expression.

 "My name is Jung Hyunseung!" The guy with silver hair beamed.

  After the introductions were finished, the homeroom teacher assigned the new students' seats.

  Hyunah sat with Jin behind me and Jungkook.

  When the homeroom teacher went out of the class, someone tapped my shoulder.

  I looked back and was greeted by Hyunah's y grin.

 "I'm sorry?" She said indicating she wanted to know my name.

 "Haeun." I said plainly with a bored face expression.

 "Haeun, maybe you want to change seats?" Hyunah asked and I looked at her questioningly. What are you plotting?

  I looked at Jungkook who was playing with his phone at that moment hesitating. Maybe it's for the better...

 "Sure." I agreed to her arrangement and changed seats with her.

  While chatting with Jin, I kept being bothered by Hyunah. She kept trying to start a conversation with Jungkook, she would flip her hair of her shoulder, showing off her long neck and she would ily bite her lower lip.

  Ugh...I sighed in frustration and tried to keep my eyes on my boyfriend, Jin.

 

****

 

 "Are you free today after school?" Jin asked me as we walked to the cafeteria. I hummed in response.

  It was lunch time.

 "Do you want to go on a date today?" He asked shyly while rubbing the back of neck.

 "Sure!" I beamed.

  We got our food and went to the table where BTS were sitting at.

 "Hey!" I greeted the boys at the table. I scanned the whole table, but didn't see Jungkook. I heaved a relieved sigh and sat down.

 "Hey girl!" Jimin, who was sitting on my right, swung his arm around my shoulders. But Jin slapped it off. "What's your problem?" Jimin whined.

 "Don't touch a girl who has a boyfriend." Jin said with a small smile.

 "What?!" The whole table went bizerk. I giggled and took a sip of my strawberry milk.

 "Who's the lucky guy?" Hoseok asked and the guys leaned over the table curiously. I blushed and pointed my finger at Jin.

 "That's not fair." Taehyung slapped Jin's shoulder jokingly.

 "Where's Jungkook?" Yoongi asked and looked around the cafeteria. I was praying they wouldn't bring up Jungkook in the conversation, but it was clear God wasn't listening.

 "No one knows." Namjoon shrugged his shoulders. "By the way what is Hyunah doing in our school?"

 "Don't know, but I have a bad feeling.." Jimin commented with a frown.

 "Here you are!" Hoseok suddenly shouted. I looked behind me and saw Jungkook walking towards us.

  He sat down on one of the empty chairs and just looked at me with a wicked stare. I felt my cheeks getting hot and looked away.

  Digest those butterflies, Haeun. I kept repeating in my head, bothered by the feeling in my stomach.

 "Hey guys! Long time no see!" One really obnoxious said in the most fake cheerful voice as she stood next to our table with a tray in her hands.

 "What do you want?" Yoongi snapped at Hyunah and glared at her in disgust.

 "Can I sit with you?" Hyunah asked ignoring the dirty look for the boys and, without waiting for an answer, sat herself down between Jungkook and Yoongi.

  Then awkward silence fell around the table. Hyunah just feigned ignorance and tried to catch Jungkook's attention.

  I rolled my eyes and resumed eating, trying to not look at Jungkook and Hyunah.

 

****

 

  The classes of the day finished.

  I was waiting for Jin in front of the school, since he said he left something in the boys' locker room.

 "You." I heard someone say. I turned to look to my left and saw Hyunah standing there.

 "What?" I asked in a cold tone. She stalked over where I was standing, her heels hitting the pavement.

 "You're the girl from that time when I first came to Jungkook, aren't you?" Hyunah looked me up and down with raised eyebrows.

  I just looked at her with an empty stare. I didn't have any interest in the conversation.

 "Listen up, you pretty doll." Hyunah looked at me with menacing eyes. "I came back to get Jungkook back and I don't need your pointy nose sticking into our business. You'd never have a chance with Jungkook." She flipped hair hair off her shoulder.

 "I don't care about your and Jungkook's business. I have a boyfriend." I rolled my eyes.

 "Jungkook likes the y type, not the whole innocent and doll-like type, okay?" She kept going on.

 "I don't care about Jungkook, so could you not bother me with your stupid ?" I lied, my stoic face expression on.

 "That's good then!" She clapped her manicured hands together and flashed a sickishly fake smile. "Good luck with your boyfriend then!" She then walked away, when she saw Jungkook at the gates.

  I saw how Hyunah snake her arms around Jungkook's arm. But Jungkook let her do that, he didn't even try to pry Hyunah's arms off him.

  You told me you both were done.. My heart clenched painfully at the sight. Jungkook looked back and caught me staring. Our gazes locked.

  But soon after he looked back at Hyunah and walked off with her.

  I almost broke down in tears, but Jin ran up to me.

 "Ready?" Jin asked with a bright smile. I nodded as enthusiastically as I could and we made our way from the school grounds.

 

 


 

 

[A/N]

 

  Sorry for a crappy chapter! I'm really busy with school and have an important exam tomorrow.

  I might get back to this chapter when I'll be free.

  I promise the next chapter will be better and longer!