Coming Back

Difficult Romance

It was all because of that day. The day I broke her heart. The day she started hating me. The day I left for America.

~FlashBack~

"Jin, wake up, we're in America," Mother said. I groggily opened my eyes and got out of my first class seat. I went to the overhead bins to get my duffel bag.

"Why are we here again?" I asked, cranky because I just woke up.

"Ohh Jin, we're here for business and to arrange a marriage for you, our only son," Mother said. Really, I already had the perfect girl, and because of them, I had to break her heart. It was because to them, they forced me to, saying that they should have a rich and pretty girl daughter-in-law. Soo Jin was pretty, maybe mom should look in the mirror someday.

"We'll, I had a girlfriend, a perfect one, until you made me broke up with her," I told her.

"She wasn't right for you son," mom said narrowly. 

"We were the perfect couple! The Jin-Jin couple!" I yelled. I turned and saw foreigners looking at me, at least they didn't understand us. Heck, they'll think I was crazy son for all I'll care.

"No, Song Soo Jin was a naive, little girl. She'll never understand what she'll get in the future: an apartment, an underpaid husband, and ugly, acne growing children!" Mom yelled, losing her temper.

"Well, she had me, and if we were married, we'd make beautiful kids," I said and left the plane. Mom stood there, mouth wide.

"Come back here, Kim SeokJin!" She yelled, fighting through the crowd to get to me.

"I'd run away if I were you," my sister, Hyoyeon said. She was perfect, she had good grades, great singer / dancer, and talked many languages.

"Would you come if I ran away?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Anything to get away from that lunatic," she said, pointing to mom. I laughed with her.

"It's just unfair, she made me break up with Soo Jin, now the Jin-Jin couple is broken," I pouted. She chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Don't worry, just talk to her, she'll get it," Hyoyeon comforted. I shooked my head.

"I broke up with her after we kissed under fireworks," I explained.

"Ohh, she'll hate you forever," she said.

"Wow, everybody should go to you after they had breakups," I said sarcastically.

"And you're such a romantic person," she shot back. Then she looked behind me.

"Run!" She yelled and ducked into the crowd. I looked back and saw my mom chasing for me. I ran after Hyoyeon; into the crowd.

"Just wait until we get into the hotel!" Mom yelled, chasing after us.

"Yeah, like we'll get back to the hotel," I said. Her eyes were filled with rage.

"You'll never find a wife if you keep acting like this!" She yelled.

"Yeah, like I'll find a wife like you!" I yelled back.

"At least she'll be pretty unlike that Soo Jun!" She said.

"It's Soo Jin and have you looked in a mirror recently?" I asked carefree, but she kept chasing me. I ran into a shop that she'll never find me in. I hid behind a rack of hip hop clothes.

"Are you going to buy something or are you hiding from that crazy lady chasing after her son?" A guy with dark blond hair looking a bit younger than me asked.

"I'm her son," I said, catching my breath," Wait, you're speaking Korean, are you Korean?" The boy nodded.

"Kim Taehyung, and you?" Taehyung said. I shook his hand.

"Kim Seokjin, but just call me Jin," I said.

"Then call me V!" He exclaimed.

"Why V?" I asked confused.

"Huh, I don't know," he shrugged. I chuckled.

"Where's my son?!" Mom said, in English. 

"You're mom speaks English?" He asked.

"Didn't know 'til now," I said.

"Oh, duck!" V said. I immediately ducked into the clothes rack.

"Excuse me, have you seen a boy with light brown hair in jeans and a black jacket?" Mom asked. V looked at me and I shook my head.

"Can you be a little bit more detailed. Many people have light, brown hair and are wearing jeans, like that guy and that guy and that guy, and that-" he said before he was cut off.

"Okay I get it. He should be out of breath going like, 'huhee huhee'," mom explained.

"Nope, only cool people come here," he said. 

"Fine, tell me when you find him," she said flatly and left. V signaled me after she left.

"Your mom is really crazy and has she looked in a mirror recently?" He asked laughing. Then I saw my sister in new clothes.

"Psst. Psst. Kim Hyoyeon," I whispered. She turned towards me and ran to me.

"Where's mom?" She asked.

"Gone, she's not gonna check this store because she already checked," I explained.

"Where'd you get the new clothes, it's not your style," I said. She was wearing this:

 

"Yeah, don't want mom to find me," she said.

"Don't wear theat, it looks weird on you," I teased.

"And next time, don't wear black jackets, you don't look cool, you're ruining this style now," she shot back.

"Should we go back to Seoul?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so, but we should use disguises," she explained. V was standing there, looking awkward.

"On, hey V , want to come to Seoul with us?" I asked him. He thought about it for a while.

"Will it be a burden to your bank account?" He asked.

"No! Of course not, we're filthy rich!" I exclaimed.

"Do you need to pack?" Hyoyeon asked. He shook his head.

"I always bring a backpack with some clothes and I could buy some clothes here," he said.

"Should we go now?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Sure, why not?" V said. 

"We should get some disguises first," I said. Me and V bought some clothes and sunglasses while Hyoyeon bought some sunglasses and a hat.

"Okay, let's go," we said. We went up to the ticket desk.

"Excuse me, can we get some first class tickets to Seoul, Korea by tonight?" V asked in English. The lady checked and printed out the tickets.

"$2,031 dollars," she said and I gave her the money.

"Here you go and enjoy you trip!" She said happily. We went to our gate and waited for our plane to be called.

"Flight 297 to Seoul, South Korea, now boarding, all first class please board now," a flight attendant called. We went to the plane.

"Wow! Daebak! The first class is huge!" V exclaimed in Korean, looking at the size of first class. Me and Hyoyeon scoffed and rolled our eyes teasingly at him.

"Yeah, this is the rich life ma friend," I said.

"Please stay in your seats, we are preparing for take off, flight attendants, please prepare for minor turbulence," the pilot said. V was amazed by the turbulence and it was hilarious.

"We are landing. Passengers, welcome to Seoul!" The pilot said. We needed to pop our ears so we couldn't hear anything.

"What?" I asked V when he was saying something to me. He squished his nose and blew; he told me to do the same.

"Wow, Seoul, so exciting!" He exclaimed.

"You've never been to Seoul?" Hyoyeon asked. He shook his head.

Ahh, Seoul, where Soo Jin is. Soo Jin, I'm coming for you.

~End Of Flashback~


A/N: Hi! Author here! This is a flashback on when Jin broke up with Soo Jin. Now you know the reason why, but his mom, what will his mom do? Find out in a few more chapters!