SooJung Episode

Difficult Romance

I don't know what I'd do without him. I had waited him. I have waited and waited. Our usual spot in the cafe is never taken. And I don't know why. It has the perfect spot to see if your date was coming and the perfect view to see Seoul's glow of the city lights. I finally waited long enough and dumped my cold coffee, which was warm when I first bought it, into the trash can. For I, had no more patience to wait any second more. I grabbed my portfolio and left the cafe. I had recently been studying in Seoul University as a major in photography.

I waited at the bus stop for my bus. I then remembered that the bus drivers don't travel at this time at night, so I blended into the crowd and walked home.  

I finally reached home and unlocked the front door. The was some shuffling of feet running on the wooden floor. My heart started to beat fast; I almost lost my breath when a hand touched my shoulder. But it was just JungKook. I know what you're feeling and he's not my boyfriend. Not yet. I kind of like him, but I don't know how he feels for me.

"Hey. I'm sorry for being late," he said sheepishly, his eyes apologetic. Even if he's sad or angry, he just looks so cute. He's a noonaizer. I sighed and turned around to look at him.

"I know you are, but you've been repeatlh late to our...," I couldn't find another word other than 'dates'.

"Our what?" he asked quizzically. I was still looking for the word.

"Our meetings?" I finally said, finding the right word.

"Meetings? That's the best you've came up with? And don't blame me for my endless practicing!" he yelled. 

"What practicing?! You just go play guitar and work out! Can't you just spare one minute for me?!" I yelled back, falling on the couch with a loud thump. He sat on the couch and looked at me.

"I try to make time for you, but I want to be a success," he said quietly.

"A success in what? To be honest, your guitar playing isn't that amazing and you already have toned abs and you weigh a lot less than me," I said, laughing a little bit.

"I know, that's why I'm always late to our dates," he soothed. Dates? Does he feel the same way?

"Huh?" was all I managed to get out. Instead of answering my question, he pulled out a guitar case. He took out the guitar and strummed a soft tune. 

Don’t wanna be fool, wanna be cool
Wanna be loved, same love as you
Baby I want it

My friend clicked Like on your photo

And I see that your face looks much better

You tag tag a photo that you took with your new boyfriend

Through that, I’m backspace-ing into the memories

In that world, everything is stopped

But why am I still hanging by that time?

Do you think of me? (do you?)

I contemplate, should I click Like or not

It repeats many times

Your heart is like a guillotine

It severely cut me out but

Like an ogre, I secretly go to you

And I look at your daily life every day

Each time, I am tormented

Oh , do you think of me? (do you?)

As I contemplate, I decide not to click Like

He strummed the last tune and smiled at me. I clapped and returned the smile.

"So, you like the song?" he asked me. I nodded eagerly. He then took out a piece of paper.

It read:

For a little while, okay a long time, I've been thinking about you.

You are my sun.

You give me light.

I don't know what else to say, but I Love You.

You had rejected me the first time I asked you.

That only made want you more,

So, can you please be mine?

I had finished reading it and he looked at me with hopeful eyes.

I smiled and said, "Yes." 

 That one word gave me everything.