The Project

Difficult Romance

Oh man! Two weeks with JungKook! It's gonna be sooooo awkward! I got up and went to his seat and tapped his shoulder. He looked surprised when he turned around and saw me.

"Hey," he said. "You kept your hair pink?" I nodded.

"Yeah, I really like it. Since Jin likes pink," I said awkwardly. He nodded back, awkwardly.

"So, what should we do for our art project?" He asked. Our class was allowed outside to paint a picture of nature. I looked around our surroundings and found a couple of cherry blossoms aligned on each side, creating a path.

Cherry Blossoms

I pointed to the trees and he nodded.

"Perfect," he said.

"I know," I said. He started sketching them out. He drew out the intricate flower designs. 

"Should I sketch too?" I suggested.

"No, I'll draw and you'll paint it," he said.

"Oh, okay," I said, but he was too immersed in his work. Since I didn't want to just stand awkwardly, I walked around to the trees. While I was admiring the trees, JungKook was still drawing. But little did I know that the corners of his mouth curved up and started adding something. More like somebody

"Done! Soojin, we can start painting a bit now," he said. I turned around and he held his breath. *Beautiful* he thought.

"So, should we pick out the colors first?" I asked. I saw that he was daydreaming so I waved a hand infront of his face. He immediately looked at me.

"Sure, I think we need different shades of pink, green, and grey or brown," I said.

"How about you pick the colors and I'll paint it," he said. I frowned.

"Then what should I do?" I asked.

"Well, she said that we have to make a sculpture of the painting we drew and draw a painting, so how about you make the model?" He suggested. I nodded. Why would he be so secretive about the picture?

"How about we should start now?" I asked. He nodded and we went back to the classroom after we got the teacher's permission. We awkwardly went up three flights of stairs. When we arrived at the classroom, I immediately went to find the colors. Lets see, what types of pink do I need? I'll need: cerise pink, coral pink, and bright pink. What about white? I'll need: distant grey, egg shell, snow white, smoke screen, and April sky. I quickly found the colors brought out to JungKook. I got a glimpse of the sketch before he covered it.

"Thanks," he said, taking the paints from my hands. I muttered a 'you're welcome' back.

"I should, uhh, start the sculpture," I said. He nodded. I got the clay and started to mold a cherry blossom tree. I was having a bit of trouble. JungKook saw that I was having trouble and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me and started helping me make the tree. I held my breath because I was breathing his sweet smell of heaven. 

"What are you doing?" He asked weirdly. It took me a few seconds to realize that I was sniffing him. 

"Uhh, I was just-," I said before I was cut off. "Smelling me?" He joked. I blushed.

"Whatever, thanks for the help," I said. Then the bell rang. We grabbed our bags and headed off home. Since we live in the same neighborhood, we walked home together. When we were outside the school, Jin pulled up in his luxury car.

"Hey! Soo Jin! It's hot outside, you don't want to be sweating all the way home would you?" He asked.

"No, it's okay. JungKook will probably be lonely and sweaty all the way home too. Can't miss a photo of that!" I exclaimed.

"Hey! You'll be sweaty too, and I'll take a pic of that too!" He shot back.

"So, no on the ride home?" Jin asked.

"Sorry, but I want to enjoy nature for a bit today," I explained. He drove off and we walked the opposite way to home.

"You know, last time this happened, it didn't go so well," JungKook said, while we walking under the same cherry blossom trees, our project was on. I turned toward him and couldn't help but feel guilty when I remembered his face filled with shock and sadness when I closed the door on him.

"Yeah," I said. Then he turned toward me.

"Was there a specific reason why you kept it pink? Because I think it's more than Jin liking the color pink?" JungKook accused.

"W-what do you mean? I only kept it because of Jin," I stuttered. He looked at me again, then he came up close to my face, only a few centimeters away before our lips could touch. I held my breath and he smirked.

"I think, it's for another reason. Of course there is, and I just proved it," he said. I stepped back.

"I-I don't k-know what you-you're t-talking about!" I said, putting my hands in the air.

"Really? Because I think that you kept it because you like me. Because you kept it because I said that it looked perfect on you," he stated. Okay, that was mostly the reason why. How'd he find out?!

"I think I just hit the spot." He smirked.

"Whatever, can we just go home?" I asked impatiently. He nodded. It was still a bit awkward while we were walking. We finally arrived at the gates to our community.

"So, should we finish the project again tomorrow?" I asked. Then his phone buzzed. His brows furrowed when a mixed of concern and angriness. I tried to look at the message, but he read it behind his back.

"Hey, have you talked to V this week?" He asked when he finished reading the message. I shook my head.

"This is not good," he said. Now I was concerned.

"What happened?" I asked.

"His mom! Of course! How'd she find out!" He yelled at the sky. His mom? V's mom? The lady that V was visiting when he moved to Amercia 5 years ago?

"Whose mom?" I asked.

"Jin's, she found him. And V's, they are not happy that their sons had ran away," he said.

"What? They ran away?" I asked. He nodded.

"It was when they were in America. Jin's mom is loco by the way they described her. You didn't hear? They both have been looking for them for months. Whoever kept them will be, like, arrested for life," he explained. Arrest?

"Oh, okay. See you tomorrow!" I said as I put the key in my house lock. I waved back to him one more time before I went inside my house. He gave me one last wave and walked home.

My childhood best friend..... Ran away.... After forgetting me..... After meeting my ex.... After seeing his birth mother. Why would he run away from the women who spent day and night wondering when he would come? Perhaps, she wasn't the women he thought she was? The thoughts clouded in my brain so I tossed and turned the whole night.

"Heyo! So. How's my lovely boyfriend doing?" I asked Jin when I saw him unpacking his books in his locker. He turned towards me with a worried look on his face and I immediately frowned.

"What's wrong?" I asked, frowning.

"My mother found me and my sister. And V's mom is quite mad too, but other than that, I'm fine. How are you doing?" He asked brightening a little bit.

"Ahh, I'm fine too. Just a bit tired," I replied. The bell rang and we kissed each other goodbye.

"We are going to finish our art projects, but, you still have a few more days left," the art teacher told us. We were finished with the sculpture, we just needed to finish the painting.

"Can you please show me our painting now?" I ask JungKook impatiently.

"I'll show you when we present!" He said. I pouted.

"But that's a few more days," I whined. He softened and uncovered the paper.

"It's beautiful," I said, amazed. It had the cherry blossoms and.... A girl? I didn't know who it was because she had her back facing us in the picture. But, it was very beautiful and amazing.

"Okay class, we will show your projects now. Who's going first?" The art teacher asked, it was three days after. JungKook raised his hand.

"Ah! JungKook and Soo Jin will go first. I really liked their concept, it's very beautiful," she said. First, we presented out painting.

The class gasped in amaze. I agree that it was beautiful, but the girl really look familiar. Who is she?

Next, we presented the sculpture. This time, the teacher gasped in amaze.

 

"Thank you very much. It was spectacular, I hope other students will be that artistic," the art teacher told us. The other paintings were a bit, lazy. I thought that we had the best project.

"Thanks," I thanked JungKook. He smiled.

"No, you're the one that made the painting more beautiful," he said. What?

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked, clearly confused.

"The girl. That was you," he admitted sheepishly. I blushed.

There it is again.

The quick beating of my heart.

The quick beating that I feel when I'm with boyfriend.


A/N: Hey! It's me here! Sorry for not updating in, like, a week. I have exams this week and I'm starting a new oneshot. Wish me lucking my exams! Bye! Comment, Upvote, or Subscribe!